You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: New Year's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

New Year's Visit

 

I've always believed that dreams are a bridge for the living and the departed to connect. I've grown up with stories by my family about our deceased loved ones who wish to convey a parting message, giving warnings, and sometimes simply checking up on the people they have left behind. This particular dream is still somewhat fresh in my mind, and by far the most emotional one I have encountered.

For the most of last year, my grandfather had been greatly suffering from cancer which for one was quite difficult for my family to swallow. Nonetheless, we kept ourselves prepared for the worst. And the worst did come, when he passed away just before Christmas.

His passing was quiet and peaceful, and when I came home that evening, nothing felt weird. It was just like that; he was gone, and we can't feel his presence anywhere in the house. Not in his belongings, not in his room, not even in the spots in the house he frequently visited. To say the least, I found myself sad because of it. You know when you wish he'd at least manifest for a final good bye, but he didn't.

But then on the morning of New Year's Day, I had a dream.

I was conversing with a couple of relatives and they called me, saying someone came to visit. I saw my grandfather climbing up the stairs to the living room I'm in, and he smiled at me. He was wearing white, and looked like he gained weight. I took it as a sign that he's definitely better. He reached for his breast pocket and handed me money and he said it was for me, a gift for the holidays. I resisted the urge to hug him because I know the dam will surely break. We went about the house, showing him the changes my mom did in his bedroom and he said he was satisfied by it. He then proceeded to grab a couple of belongings for him and grandma (who passed on 12 years prior) and told me that she sent him here in the first place.

At that point, I've been physically heaving from the emotions welled up and eventually I woke up crying my eyes off for a good 10 minutes. The wind in my room was cool and comforting, and the gray overcast in the middle of the day calmed me down a bit.

I'm just happy he found peace and wherever he is, I know he's breathing freely--no more oxygen tank, and no more pain.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by BaiAnina

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BaiAnina, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-24)
This story definitely brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful! Your Lolo and Lola are for sure smiling down at you 😊
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-08)
[at] khayeoveyy I understand where you're coming from; I took care of my grandpa too during his final days 😳 Maybe he wants you to look after your grandma too and I bet if you do, he wouldn't be worried. God bless you!

To everyone: Thank you, I'm happy to share this with you ❤
khayeoveyy (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-08)
awww... I just remembered my grandfather. Sometimes he appears on my dream, just watching me or talking to me, but I had the chance to hug him and saw him sad in one of my dreams, (he was in a dark place) I asked him why he was sad and he answered that he was worried about my grandmother, (and my grandmother was still alive up to this day), he was worried about her being alone in our ancestral house in the province, and sometimes he was just looking at me like guiding me or giving me a go signal to whatever I ask to God. 😭 like you I always end up crying cause I miss him terribly I took care of him when he was alive, even if I was a hardheaded teen before, he still loves me, and he doesn't want me to go to be with my family before (he has been my hero when I was having problems and being bullied at the same time). Now I miss him I just miss him that much too.
valkricry (49 stories) (3266 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-08)
What a soft, sweet account. I really liked it, thanks for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
BaiAnina - what a beautiful story 😊 Thank you for sharing this with us. And I loved the part where he said your grandma sent him there in the first place ❤
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-05)
hi BaiAnina very beautiful story... Dream is the easiest way to connect human... It's so lovely he came to visit you on new year... Beautiful thanks for sharing... ❤
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Very touching and glad that your grandpa is with your grandma now. Thanks for sharing.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Very touching story. I'm sure your grandfather came to let you know he is doing fine in the other side and in the company of his wife.
Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-04)
Beautiful story. I agree with your beliefs with dreams, as I believe the same. The all white clothing attire is interesting, that's exactly how I saw my friend who also died of cancer. All white, sort of a glow to him, gained all his weight back, looked like a happy, healthy soul again. God bless you and your's.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: