You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: They Always Come Back

Real Ghost Stories

They Always Come Back

 

I would like to say that I thoroughly enjoy this website. I have been reading for about a year... Just lurking. Now I would like to share my own story with YGS. This is going to be about several different events that have happened to me in my life.

I have always had a connection with the other side from the time I was a young child. I always knew at times we were not alone in this big bad world.

I will start with stories about my grandpa. My grandpa passed away when I was younger, I was 7. I always felt him around. Making his presence known here and there.

Fast forward a bit to when I was 14 or 15, I got really big into horror movies. I had this HUGE poster of the Exorcist tacked up on my wall. One of my favorite horror films of all time. One night, my parents and I went out to eat... Mind you at the time we were living in the home that my grandpa passed away in. We come home and my poster was in the hallway outside of my room... The poster showed no holes from where it had been ripped down... It just looked as if someone removed the tacks.

Another event was shortly after, there was a night light in the hall, now keep in mind this house was manufactured in the 40's. There was a plug in near the ceiling, that's where the nightlight was plugged in. It was right outside of my room so I had easy access to see it. We never turned it on and it hadn't been turned on for years at that point. I remember this very well... I had on some music in my earphones as most of the family was already asleep, something caught my eye I looked up and seen that nightlight come on. I didn't feel threatened or anything like that... I felt at peace more than anything. I think papa was just trying to show me he was still with me.

Now some years later (about 4) My parents moved out shortly after I gave birth to my oldest child, that's when a lot of activity with him began. One night my husband (at the time also the child's father) and I were laying in bed, I was nearly asleep. Without moving he says, "Sonja, wake up, there's a man sitting at the kitchen table looking straight in here." I quickly raised up and saw the outline of a man exactly how my grandpa used to sit at the kitchen table. I layed back down and told him not to worry, papa was just wanting to meet him.

After that I didn't see papa much anymore, as we all moved away from the home. I still feel him from time to time, but as far as evidence, I don't.

My cousin Jay and I used to be extremely close growing up. He was a bit older than I but still I was close to him. He got severely depressed and committed suicide in his early 30's, I was around the age of 16 when this happened. Shortly after the funeral services, we were all gathered at his home in a smaller town of Oklahoma. We were having the family dinner, a man showed up that nobody knew, not even my cousin's wife. He didn't really talk to anyone and was there maybe 10 minutes and left. That night I had a dream that my cousin Jay and this man were the same person... It was kind of crazy but it was like Jay was sitting on my couch and he smiled and morphed, if you will, into this man. I'm not sure if that was Jay's way of letting me know that was him or not... It's still a mystery to me.

The next event happens with my childhood friend Mikey, he was really my best friend growing up. We were in pee-wee sports together. He was a football player and I was a cheerleader and he was my escort one year for homecoming. It's kind of a big deal in little towns like we grew up in. We grew up still hanging out outside of school and what have you.

After I dropped out, got my GED and started working, and moved to Midwest City, Mikey continued on with school. We still hung out from time to time. I remember the last time he called me on the phone, it was to tell me he had a baby on the way and he had just found out it was a little girl. I was so happy for him. Unfortunately Mikey had a drinking problem. I was getting dinner ready for my little family. My sons were hollering and crying as they usually did at dinner time and Mikey calls my cell. I couldn't really answer. He left me a voicemail telling me "goodbye that he was leaving this world" I tried all night to call him back. I couldn't very easily load up my car as my now ex-husband had it at work.

The next day, Mikey's wife calls me and tells me that Mikey had committed suicide. She came home from shopping for the baby and she found him hanging in a tree. Now Mikey wasn't a small boy. He was chunky but all muscle and stood about 5'7". She said it had happened the day before about 7:30pm. Just half an hour later than he called me.

A few days later, they had the body ready for viewing. I was working around the corner from the funeral home in Moore, Oklahoma. I was sitting in the room, alone. I wasn't meditating. I wasn't opening myself up. I was actually closed off, answering a text message from my mother, when out of nowhere, I saw Mikey lift his hand and in that instant I felt a breeze of cold air brush against my face and the board where they had several of his pictures, they all flew off, and Mikey's hand went down. I've checked several different reasonings behind this... I know they say that a persons nerves can still be alive for a certain amount of time after death, and there were no vents in the room to hit my face and that would knock the pictures off the board.

The next day was his funeral. Everyone was there, when I say everyone... I'm meaning people that I hadn't seen in YEARS. Lined out into the hall and standing. Luckily I was able to sit in the actual service. Halfway through the service, I felt a hand on my shoulder. My brother's hands were in his lap, and the person sitting next to me was a female. But it was a manly grip. Nobody was sitting behind me. Or was remotely even close enough to touch me. I blamed myself for so long not answering that call.

Two weeks later Mikey's wife gave birth to a healthy baby girl. I stayed the night in the hospital with her that first night. I was rocking the baby and feeding her and Mikey's wife's cell phone started ringing, luckily it was within arms reach of me. Thinking it was family I picked it up, and the name on it was "Michael's Cell" I immediately answered. On the other end it kind of like static was in the background with someone saying hello, hello... It was Mikey's voice. Mikey's cell phone had been shut off just a day or two before the baby was born so there was no way possible someone could have been playing a sick joke on us. That was the last incident that took place with Mikey.

I have several other events that has happened but these that I've mentioned are what sticks out the most.

Thank you all for reading. Sorry it's so long.

Other hauntings by HarlowMortis

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HarlowMortis, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-20)
Hi,

Sorry for the loss of your loved ones but thank you for sharing your stories. It's brilliant to hear that there is life after death and it's so reassuring to think our loved ones are not gone for ever 😁
AngelStar2000 (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-24)
hi... I loved your story... And sorry for your losses... I just wanted to know that is it true that our loved ones try to give us signs of their presence? I lost my brother and I really want to communicate with him... Can any body suggest me what should I do?
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
I love these stories... Especially the Mikey ones. Very eerie. I am so sorry for the losses you have suffered with your Grandpa, cousin and Mickey. I do believe lost loved ones try to give us signs that they are still there. I plan to write about one myself soon. Thanks for sharing. ❤
HarlowMortis (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
[at] Sam22 They were just pictures of him and his family. Him as a young child, also some with him and his wife.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
HarlowMortis,
Oh so the tacks were gone that is weird.
Its alright, its fine, we all have to cry sometimes.
What about the picture that flew off the wall? Was there anything significant about them?
HarlowMortis (2 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Hello everyone. I'm very sorry for the delay in response.

Thank you all for your encouraging words and I am definatly trying to let go of that guilt.

[at] Sam22 The tacks were missing as well. I'm sorry not to have put that in there. I've not ever seen that man again. I'm sorry to have made you cry. 😢

Again thank you all for your condolences. There is a lot more activity but this is what stuck out the most to me at the time of the post.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
Also I forgot to add, don't feel guilty or carry that guilt inside for not having time to answer that call. I know how that feels and it can cause a lot of hurt for you in the longrun. Just know he knows now, that you still think of him.

Sincerely,Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
[at] Harlow,I feel deeply for your loss of a family member, and friend to suicide. I too have lost my uncle, and grandfather to this, and almost my mother. The survivors guilt is very real. Do not have it, and just understand when they choose this, its not because of you. I believe he knew you were right there by that phone and knew you would answer. Also him putting his hand on your shoulder, clear indication he was there with you. 😊 Its a beautiful occurence. The dream of your cousin, it could have been his way of say "hi" for a brief moment and then the dream took over. Thanks for sharing
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
HarlowMortis,
Thanks for coming out and sharing your story, I have a couple of questions for you.
When you came home to find the poster in the hall, were had the tacks gone, were they still in the wall?
About the experiance having to do with your cousin (which was quite strange). Did you ever see that man again, besides in your dream?
That part about Mikey made me cry, seriously. I felt so bad for you and him. For some reason I know what that feels like, but I'm not sure why, I feel like its happened to me before but it Hasn't.
I think there may have been some "force" that made sure you had an excuse for not answering the phone, because if you had, I think things would have been a lot worse for you (emotionally).
Oh yeah, I have one last question:
Was there anything significant about those certain pictures that Flew off the wall?
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
That's so sweet of Mikey to comfort you in this way. I hope it helps to ease the pain and guilt you're feeling Harlow.

Try to shed the guilt. It's a nasty, consuming, negative energy and if it were meant to be for you to answer his call, you would have. Mikey, being the good friend he was/is, would not want you to take on the responsibility of his death and you shouldn't.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Beautiful story and thank you for sharing this with us. Welcome to YGS 😊. I think Mike was letting you know he loved you as a friend and to tell you not to blame yourself anymore. How lucky you are to have such a good friend console you even in the afterlife. Take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: