You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Old Man Harry

Real Ghost Stories

Old Man Harry

 

I'm going to get straight to the story. My partner and I have been living in a unit located in the hunter region in NSW Australia. We met on a dating website and have been living happily together for over four months. I have only been in this country for 1 year and reside in the same unit for this duration. My partner is from New Zealand and I also.

She has informed me that she can see black silhouettes of people and has done so for most of her life. It doesn't bother me because I have had similar experiences.

Since moving into this unit with myself, she had told me that there is someone or something in the house. She has seen a male shadow about 3 months ago and says it lounges around the house. It doesn't really bother me until she said it (or he) only makes himself known when I'm out or at work during the day. She thinks he is shy and thinks it is a male because of his stature.

Up until about 1 month ago it was just a dark shadow. At about 10:30 in the evening we were going to sleep when my partner sat straight up in bed crying and sobbing. I was a bit frightened at first but due to my spiritual culture did not feel threatened. After about 2 minutes I calmed her down and ask what was wrong and she said she saw the face of the shadow and said it was and old man late 40's/early 50's and said he was wearing work clothes and a old train man's hat.

I tried to investigate about the history of the area and found no indications as to who he is. My partner can regularly see him standing outside our bedroom window and sitting in our lounge room and has given home the name Harry because "he looks like a Harry" she said.

I've seen a few things that I can't explain during this time but the most significant was last Sunday when I heard someone pacing around my house early hours of the morning and it was only my partner and I at home.

If anyone has some suggestions or insight to this sort of behaviour, feel free to comment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Spacemaori, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

angel_101 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
Maybe "the shadow [of a man]" is connected in some way. Anyway, thanks for sharing the story.
Spacemaori (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Hi sam222. Sorry for not being clear. She could only see the shadow of the person then one night she saw the face of him.

Wish-not.
Thanks for the comment and question.
I don't feel as if I'm keeping him or it from revealing itself. I just do not want to invite what ever it is into our lives just incase it may be something negative. Nothing has happened since I posted this story but it still feels like someone is watching.
I'll do some more investigation of the property and get back to you about my findings.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-11)
Sam, I believe the OP is saying that there was a shadow man who one day showed it's face. Basically, in the last experience, there was detail to it- it was not longer just a shadow like the previous experiences. Hope that helps.

Spacemaori (cute name), this is quite an interesting experience (nicely written as well). I find the fact that he is showing himself more and more to be very interesting. Has your partner ever experienced anything escalating like this before, or have they normally stayed the same? If he is scaring her, have you considered possibly cleansing the home?
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
I'm sorry guys I just don't understand, you don't have to go out of your way to try helping me understand, thanks for trying though, I just can't get it through my head I appreciate you trying to help though. And I'm not commenting under this story any more until the author posts.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Sam - she said she was able to see the face of the shadow in the head area and that's how she was able to tell it was an older man. She just was able to see it. I hope that helps...
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Sam - unfortunately there are times people cannot explain things to make others understand what they mean. You either read it and understand or you don't. And honestly, the o/p doesn't have to explain step-by-step so you can understand. It's there.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
I still don't understand it, the only sentence that even comes close to answering that question is "up until about 1 month ago it was just a dark shadow." I still don't really understand that.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Sam - maybe you need to reread the story. It is clearly explained.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Spacemaori,
Thanks for sharing your experiance with us, but I have one question; how could she see the face if it was a shadow? Do you mean the head? Because otherwise that doesn't make sense to me, I need a bit of clarification.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-10)
Spacemaori- Welcome to YGS. This is an interesting account. I am curious to the age of the dwelling. Do you know when it was built?

Also find it curious that it chooses to show while you are not there. I wonder if you keep him from reveling itself.

Thanks for sharing... Ummm "old man late 40's/early 50's" guessing that makes me an "old man". Well crap, call it what it is lol.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: