You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Sisterly Advice

Real Ghost Stories

Sisterly Advice

 

I have recently submitted my first spiritual account to this website (I am still waiting to see if it is published) about an experience I had when I was younger, wherein I saw my dead sister quite often but the thought of it scared me so much I couldn't stand it.

Well anyway, back to this story. This happened in 2001.

I had recently split from my first husband (I married young at 23 and it only lasted a few years in total) and was feeling quite down about my life. My friends decided that they needed to take me out.

The plan was to go and see a spiritual medium (which we had done various times before at a local place) then go out for a drink after. But unlike usual visits this one was at a friend's house. During my previous visits I had never had anyone "come through" for me but I was interested nevertheless.

So on this day, I got myself ready to go out, whilst doing so I decided that today would be the day to remove my wedding ring and start to get on with my life. So I painted my toenails to wear nice new sandals, put my make-up on and got all dressed up to go out.

About 30 minutes before we were due to go out the weather changed from warm and sunny to wet & windy so not being a real girlie girl anyway I decided that I was not dressed appropriately and changed into something warmer (from dress & sandals into jeans & boots).

Living in England you get used to weather changing a lot so it was no big deal.

Anyway, my friends called for me at normal time and we went to my other friends house for the spiritual meeting. It was a lady medium I seen before but never spoken to.

During the meeting she said there were various spirits around us and tried to place them. Some were for my friends but some weren't.

Anyway, towards the end of the meeting she said that there was a female spirit standing beside me, quite young, she couldn't say her name but she outright just said "did you have a sister" as the position of the girl showed her to be a close relative of mine.

I confirmed that I did have a young sister die when I was also young. And the medium said to me, she just has a message for you. This is where it got creepy!

MESSAGE: "Missing jewellery will return, but I love your lady toes, everything will be ok"! END OF MESSAGE. That was all the medium could tell me.

Now to explain, being quite sceptical of mediums telling things about you I checked myself over for tell tale signs. And I thought she could tell I had recently removed my ring as I had the tell tale mark still around my finger where my wedding ring had been so I dismissed that straightaway.

BUT, how did she know I had painted my toes when I had socks and boots on, more to the point, I had painted them red with white dots on them i.e similar to a lady bug ("lady toes?"). I checked my hands etc to see if I had accidentally left nail varnish on my fingers / arms / clothes but there was nothing to see. That was weird for me.

Even more so, 6 months later my husband and I reconciled for another 2 years. The day I put my wedding ring back on I remembered the message "missing jewellery will return".

So whilst I cannot say without a doubt it was my dead sister Emily, it gave me hope that she was still there watching out for me.

Do you believe that some mediums can actually pass messages such as this or do you think it was a guess on the medium's part that just happened to be relevant to me?

If you have any questions/comments please let me know.

Thanks all

Other hauntings by MaybeADreamer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MaybeADreamer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
[at] maybeadreamer,Great experience. I believe our loved ones come into our realm and say "Hi" from time to time whether in a dream, or what I like to call a "visitation". Or through a chance with that phycic. I think your sister saw the chance and she took it. How awesome. I get visitations from 4 of my family members now, that two of my elders have passed recently. It' a great way to stay connected.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
Thanks Guys for all your comments. I will always be sceptical of phychics/mediums as a lot of them guess lots until they get something right, but in this case I really do believe it was Emily. 😁
Krom1987 (5 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
I agree that there are people out there with psychic abilities. I know my mom is one, but she has no medium abilities, so I don't understand their workings or if they really work. But seeing what I've seen in my life, it wouldn't surprise me if the medium was the real deal.

Good story, enjoyed reading your story
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
In this diverse world of ours, there are some who possess some real psychic abilities. Unfortunately, they are greatly outnumbered by the pretenders and cons. Personally, I can think of several very famous psychics that I believe are shams - they're just very good at it. However, from what you told us, this particular medium did not ask you leading questions, or try to make you believe you NEEDED another 'private' reading, or anything like that. I think Emily is still watching over you. 😊
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
I would also reflect the same what Miracles51031 and ifihadyoux has said. It was an honest story you have shared with us MaybeADreamer so thanks for it.

Regards
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
I do believe that there are real mediums. To say there aren't is kind of rude in my opinion. With that being said, there are a lot of fakes and you have to watch out for them. I can only imagine in the UK it is much worse than in the US.
It's been recommended to me to do some research not hem first, kind of like you would for someone doing work on your house or a stylist, and read some of their reviews. It will help. I also like how you were ruling out the obvious first, that is also very smart.
I think this lady was real. You didn't mention it but she wasn't telling you all doom and gloom and wasn't trying to up sell you on breaking a curse. That's another sign they're a phony.
I love hearing about things like this, thanks for sharing!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
MaybeADreamer - I think I'm one of the few who believe in mediums/psychics. Not all, mind you, but there are some who are real and don't use observation or other tricks to pass along messages.

I actually do believe this medium was real. Using the placement of the female spirit to determine she was a sister confirmed that for me as well as your lady toes LOL.

Thanks for sharing this with us 😊
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
MaybeADreamer - thanks for sharing another experiance, I don't really have anything to say about it, but you asked a question at the end and I will tell you what I think: Honestly, I do mot want to believe that people (mediums) can just do things like that, that thought makes me uncomfortable, knowing that it may be possible, makes my thoughts go wild, it just doesn't make sense to me, I don't understand that stuff.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Nice story! I believe you were right about everything. When it comes to spiritual things, it's what our gut/intuition tells us because there is no way to prove anything for 100%. Really sweet of your sister. ❤
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Sounds like the real deal, awesome!

Can relate to being skeptical and while reading I was wondering if the medium had heard you talking to your friends. Perhaps she had put 2 and 2 together from things she maybe heard.

But if that's not the case, brilliant!
I believe in mediums and psychics but the real ones are rarer than the shams.

If this happened to me I'd be thrilled. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: