You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nanny's Doppelganger

Real Ghost Stories

Nanny's Doppelganger

 

Since I was a kid, I have heard stories about the "unseen", the "not-like-ours" and doppelganger. I also had my own horror experience back then.

When I was in College, I already lived in a different City. During my first 1 year and a half, I lived with my sister in their rented apartment. That was in 2006. In my first year living with them, (by the way, aside from my sister, living with us is her first child, our Mom, my cousin and my nephew's nanny) I didn't have any spooky experience not even when my sister was still pregnant (as a culture in the Philippines, when there's pregnant, old people got so many spooky beliefs for them, but for precaution, sometimes we got to listen to them as long as nobody gets harm).

But I still like hearing/reading horror stories once in a while. When I'm bored, and my cousin is free, we chitchat, though we don't have specific topic as always but usually, our last topic was always spooky ones. Also, I chitchat with my nephew's nanny before going to bed. Still, our topic would end up with horror stories. Though never did I remember that we had talked about doppelganger. Since most of the topics were about the "unseen". And also, no matter how scary our topics could get, I never felt afraid in that house. I even stayed up late alone in the dining to study. But the feeling changed when I had my own spooky experience in that apartment.

It was almost the end of my first year in college. We were having dinner together. The lights in the living room as well as the lights in the stairway were turned off since my nephew was asleep in the bed (we actually placed a bed in the living room since my sister undergone C-section delivery and the healing was taking too long and it'll be hard for her to climb the stairs every now and then). After eating, we all stayed in the living room to watch TV but I didn't notice that my nephew's nanny went outside the house.

After a while, my Mom reminded me of my schoolwork. So I decided to go up to get my stuff. As I was about to go up, I saw my nephew's nanny going up also, so I didn't bother turning on the light on the stairway. As we reached our room, I was shocked that I was not following anyone. I turned on the lights in the room but the nanny wasn't there. I felt goosebumps all over me and my heart kept beating fast. So, I picked up my stuff and hurriedly ran downstairs. I asked my Mom where my nephew's nanny is and they told me that she went to the Landlord's house right after eating. As I heard that, tears just fell in my eyes and started crying because I was too scared.

They asked me what happened and I just told them everything. Then my sister just told me, that it may be because I was just thinking too much about the horror stories that's why I'm getting scared even if there's nothing to be afraid of. But honestly, I wasn't thinking of any spooky or scary things that time.

Then, minutes later, my nephew's nanny came back. And as I remember what happened, I realized that what she's wearing that time wasn't the same as the one I followed going up. She was wearing the clothes that nanny wore the day before that. So my cousin told me that it was nanny's doppelganger. And both my cousin and nanny told me, that good thing I didn't talk to nanny's doppelganger while going up, because maybe, something scarier could have happened.

And after that incident, almost all of us in the house encountered a doppelganger; there were times that the voices of my Mom or Sister were being copied. We just didn't mind it then.

Other hauntings by kayron888

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kayron888, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
I'm just wondering if you tuned into a residual energy of your nephews nanny just to offer something else for you to consider, especially if her duties involved the cleaning of the home along side looking after your nephew?...our homes are basically filled with potential energy similar to our own atoms at the core which can interact with our minds and even other dimensions in such ways especially if the person cares for that home on a personal level such as perhaps the Nanny does?. It may be a doppelganger as suggested, which basically occurs when a parallel universe overlays this one conforming both realities for the doppelganger to access usually for a short period of time and to go a little further into bizzare land, string theory actually suggest that we have more than just one doppelganger, perhaps 100's and 100's of other multi universes where we are going about our lives totally unaware of each existence.

Regards Daz
chat234 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
Thanks for sharing. I had a doppelganger experience my self. It took the form of my girlfriend. To make matter worse I grabbed on to it and started to follow it until it vanish into my closet it also had the smell of my girlfriend perfume. What also made it weird was it was warm. Plz read my story if you want more info. Hope your okay from your experience.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
Nathaniel: Yeah, it's very rare to have an exact match but as sushantkar mentioned, it does happen. But as I said very rarely. I don't know why it happens like that but it gives weight to notjustme's theory of parallel universes. You're welcome! 😊
Nathaniel (37 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
OMG ZZZGranny, your reply just gave me goosebumps! I have seen 2 Dopplegangers. One of my ex room-mate, and one of my cat. Both times it was like something was a little off! With my ex room-mate it was his cell phone, and the way the phones case attached to his belt. His cell phone case attached vertically, and the Dopplegangers was horizontal. With my cat it just seemed off like something was trying to take the shape of cat, but couldn't quite get it right. I didn't know that this was normal behavior for them. Thank you for sharing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
[at] kayron888,Creepy! Two of my sons have seen doppelgangers of myself and their brothers etc. It's quite the experience. I agree with zzgranny and notjustme. But then again there are also so many different experiences happening in Our world we live in 😊.Just be careful
ellsthetank (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
😕 I also believe you are seeing visions of another universe, if this happens again, research where your house is stood and whether the ground is relayed to anything 'unusual'
😆
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
Hello kayron888! It must be very creepy experience. But I am not totally agreed with what zzsgranny has wrote about the doppelganger. I had seen my father's doppelganger few years ago and he looked exactly the reflection of my father. After seeing his doppelganger my father unfortunately passed away few weeks later.

Regards
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
kayron888: One of the most common things about dopplegangers is that even though they closely resemble the person, there's always something a little off. Different hair style, color of eyes, manner of movement, etc. They like to copy others but can never get it exactly right. I love doppleganger stories and there's quite a few in our archives if you're so inclined to take a look-see!

Thank you for posting 😊
bhataktiaatma (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
[at] MaybeADreamer: thank you for explaining... This will help me a lot...
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Sometimes I like to tickle my brain and think of other explanations. I have a theory that POSSIBLY when we witness dopplegangers, we are actually catching a glimpse of a parallel universe. Now I know that is something not everyone agrees with and that's fine, for this is just my opinion. Sometimes people see evil dopplegangers and some just see them walk by like your experience. Lots of things cannot be explained in our world, but luckily there's also lots of us here to explore it together 🤔
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
(at) bhataktiaatma: I quote from urban dictionary "Doppelganger means: Someone that looks the exact same as another person. Yet not a twin. Ghost identical to living person: an apparition in the form of a double of a living person."
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
I thought the name was going to say dinglehopper and I kind of got excited. [Little Mermaid/Disney reference in case you aren't aware].
bhataktiaatma (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
I m confused about doppelganger? Can you please explain me what is this? Waiting for your answer... Thank you... God bless you...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: