You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Figures In The Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

Figures In The Bedroom

 

This may not be the longest story on here but this is my experience with what could be a ghost or spirit so here it goes. Okay, so when I was a little girl maybe around the age of 5 or 6, I used to still sleep in the bed with my dad because I was scared to sleep in my original bedroom right next to his.

One night I woke up around 2-3 in the morning because my dad snored terribly and it always woke me up! I turned over to try and shake him so he would stop (usual routine) and on his side of the bed I could describe perfectly, a transparent old women with a bun on top of her head, an older apron type dress, and I could still faintly make out the wrinkles on her face. She was literally a kilometer away from my dad just looking at me. The first time I rolled over hoping the old woman would disappear and to my surprise when I looked again she was still there! I was so scared and my dad wouldn't wake up for nothing! Eventually I rolled over and just fell back asleep.

When I became a young teenager, maybe 13-14, I told him (my dad) about what had happened years back and he had specifically told me that I described his great great grandmother to a T. He had also said that the land we lived on and our house was very old and there was an abandoned torn down shack in the woods right next to the house that no one had any information on.

I am now 18 years old and ever since that night I've never seen the old woman or any other paranormal activities again. My father thinks the woman or his "great great grandmother" never returned because she knew that she really scared me and she was just trying to meet me in a way by watching over me and my dad.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, taylorpaige420, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

chat234 (4 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-19)
Thanks for sharing your story. Hopefully it was a family member and not the spirit playing tricks. But it hasn't bother you so that's is great. I once had a ghost sit on the edge of my bed and cry that freak me out a lot. If your intresrted please read my stories
freakedoutfreddy (1 stories) (77 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
Oh boy, that's what I call a distant relative!😆
Cool story, dude, I like to read stories in which the spirit of a dead family member comes to visit its loved ones.
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
They will never harm you
She came at your place just to see you and your dad or maybe to see your whole family.
And I must say you got a amazing eyesight and a damn big bedroom:P
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
Hmmm, well I just thought of something, and it seems like she is not going to answer anytime soon. We don't know anything about her history, perhaps she comes from elsewhere, because we are the only place that uses (US) standard mesaurments.
elnoraemily (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
Strange, I did not realize that it's a US post using kilometers. That is bizarre. Not unheard of, but strange.

Maybe that is why it's kilometer and not meter? Using a system that is not very well understood by many Americans?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
I am pretty sure the OP meant 'meter' and not kilometer... That being said I have this question...

Whats up with the use of metric system terms...isn't PA using US Standard mesuerments anymore?

Just saying...

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-02-13)
Your eyesight is great! - If you saw the lady's wrinkles from a kilometer away... Wow!
I guess she didn't mean any harm, otherwise the ghost would had come closer to you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
ifi - thought I covered that, but thanks for the added support 😕
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Sam - "to a T" means "exactly"...so she described her dad's great great grandma exactly.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
All right before the comments get out of hand again, let's comment on the story not on other users 😊
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
I have the same question as BJJ, what did you mean a kilometer away?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Sam - are you serious?! You are constantly providing links on other people's stories and have mentioned that you looked/checked on Google.

I'm not going any further with this conversation as it will only lead to further distraction of the story.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Miracles I sorry I have seriously never heard or seen that express before, Indian I it was something I should know, and how would you know whether or not I use google frequently?
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Sam - for someone who frequently uses Google, it really surprises me you couldn't/didn't Google to find the meaning of to a T. It also surprises me that you have never heard that expression 😕
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
Taylorpaige420, do you mean she SEEMED like a kilometer away? And what do you mean you described his great great grandmother to a T?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
9 years ago (2015-02-12)
She was a literally kilometer away? Good lord, that's a huge bedroom. And impressive eyesight that you could tell she was looking at you from over 3,000 feet away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: