You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Two And A Half Crazy Months

Real Ghost Stories

Two And A Half Crazy Months

 

Before I tell you my story, you should probably know a few things about me. First of all, I'm fourteen years old and I have two younger sisters. Second of all, I don't know if these events are the evidence of a real haunting or just purely coincidental.

It was Christmas Eve, and I was fast asleep in my bedroom. My eleven-year-old sister was sleeping on a mattress down on the floor, while my nine-year-old sister was sleeping in my parents' bedroom. At 11:15, I was awoken by the sound of footsteps outside the hallway. "It's probably just Mom coming back upstairs," I thought to myself. She usually had to stay up pretty late, and it was only 11:17 now, which was early for her. No big deal, right? Well just then, at 11:18, my door opened and there stood a tall figure in the doorway. There was a faint white glow around him, and he wore what looked like some sort of hat. That's the only thing I saw; as far as I could tell, he didn't have a face, and yet he didn't give a sense of danger either. He made no move towards me, but simply stood there for a few minutes before walking out. I was puzzled, but not frightened, so I simply went back to sleep.

About a month later, on January 19, I was up late doing my homework again. I went upstairs at around 1:45 to find my bedroom light on and my books scattered all over the floor. This made no logical sense to me because I had turned the light off earlier and I hadn't heard the books fall either. I didn't know what to make of this, but being the logical girl I am I figured I had just forgotten to put them back on the shelf. I put them back and turned out the light.

The next week passed by without much incident. A few things disappeared here and there, doors would be inexplicably wide open, but it wasn't anything to be particularly concerned about to me. After all, I was living with two younger siblings, so I was used to my stuff vanishing and reappearing in the most unusual places.

Then, on Sunday February 8, I was busy helping clean the house. My eleven-year old sister has a stuffed frog that she keeps on her bed at all times (she has her own room but prefers to sleep in mine). I was helping her put away her laundry, and the frog was sitting on her pillow as usual. My job was to take out the recycling, so I gathered up the bin and took it to the recycling bin outside. I dumped the contents inside and started walking back to the house. Imagine my surprise when I saw the frog sitting on the porch staring at me. I picked it up and brought it back inside, expecting it to vanish in my hand right then and there. It didn't, and withing two minutes it was back on my sister's pillow. Could it have been a prank? Maybe, but I doubt it. I was the only one who went outside as far as I know.

Whether or not these were supernatural occurrences remains to be seen. If it is, I don't think it's a demonic entity so I would be pretty much indifferent to his presence.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GuessWhosHereToHauntYou, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
val - not to correct you or anything, but I guess I'm confused. This February 8th (2015) was on a Sunday. I actually looked at the calendar this morning because I was sure the 13th was a Friday, which would have made the Friday before the 6th, making Sunday the 8th. (Wow, even to me that's a confusing way to go about it, but what the hey. It's early LOL).

As for remember the dates and times, isn't that we recommend to our members? Keep a journal, track the date, time, etc.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
valk; Oh! Yeah that is a little off but I am sure it's just a wording error. And I feel you on that one, work has been stressing me out. 😭
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
ifi, what I was wondering about was in the story itself, the OP says, "... Sunday February 8, I was busy helping clean the house." I don't think the when it was published would effect that. Then again, I probably have like two embers still burning in the old brain pan, and am just not seeing something totally obvious. (Work is really, really taking all I got...)
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
GuessWhosHereToHauntYou,
Uhh-, oh gee, I think that first thing you saw is what is called the "Hat Man" (im not saying it is for sure) Of of the top of my head I know one other story on this site having to do with the "Hat Man" (though I am sure there are more), and here is the link if your interested. Actually I do know of more, but here is the one I was talking about.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=18031
I guessing that this was at the end of last year because you said "christmas eve" so all this stuff is fairly recent, and I'm assuming that it is still occasional occurring, if that is the case; keep track this and post it (if you want), hopefully this stuff doesn't get to out of hand.
P.S. Keep and eye on that frog, In my opinion it may be a prank, but if it continues to move without a logical explanation (an proof of the explaination) that would become MY biggest concern.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
Valk; they could have written it on that date and didn't submit it for a few days time or it didn't get published as soon as it was submitted.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
I was (almost) expecting to read that you were visited by Santa Claus that Christmas Eve! 😐
Do you know if any of your sisters sleep walks? -That could explain the books scattered on the floor.

Thanks for posting your experience.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
Well, I'm impressed. It isn't often that someone can give us a minute by minute accounting of anything that happens, or even the exact date. I do wonder what year this all happened though, because this Feb.8,was a Saturday, yet you write as if this is currently happening.
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
The frog part could be a prank I pulled way harder pranks with my friends without the "victim" noticing me

Brw the title reminds me 2 and a half men lol
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
As you said you have 2 siblings. Maybe they just played a trick with you. Or maybe something paranormal was there, if your home is old then try to find the past of your place.
Good luck
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-15)
I think whatever that is, it is definitely trying to show his presence. Whether it is an evil entity or not I am too not that sure.

Regards
NeraDama (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-14)
Hello GuessWhosHereToHauntYou,
I'm new to this site, just like you, so I didn't left a lot of comments nor I didn't posted any story yet.
Your experience is surely weird, but, as I have seen/read around, if you didn't feel afraid of this entity it probably isn't an evil one.
Maybe it's just trying to get you attention?
Your home is a new or an old one? Do you know if something happened there in the past? Perhaps in the history of your house, or of the ground on which it stands, there could be some clues about the identity of this presence...
By the way, thanks for sharing your story 😊

I hope my English is enough correct, I don't write in this language very often 😳

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: