You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: You Mean I Was Here Alone?

Real Ghost Stories

You Mean I Was Here Alone?

 

Here's another story from my ex's house. One night we had a few friends over and had a few beers, I had 2 or maybe 3. It was getting late and I had a few things to do before bed, so my ex offered to drive our friend home, while I stayed behind with the baby and finished up some laundry.

As he left I asked him if he would bring the laundry basket upstairs for me since I just hurt my back and couldn't really bend over. He said sure, and walked out of the house. About 20 minutes later, the baby's sleeping, and I'm just sitting in our room, cleaning up a little. I heard some banging coming form the bathroom next door, and thought..."Wow he's getting towels ready for the wash!" I was IMPRESSED to say the least! So the banging and bumping goes on for a good 10-15 minutes, I'm thinking... "Ok his mom must be home there's no way he's actually cleaning the bathroom". So I look out the window and see his car, confused I walk out of the bedroom just in time to hear him put his key in the front door, and pick up the laundry basket to bring it up stairs.

When he got to the top of the stairs I said to him "You just got home right this second?" He said "Yeah sorry it took me so long, I stopped at the store". I froze with fear. I had been alone in the house for a good half hour listening to banging and bumping coming from the room next door and had no idea I was alone the whole time!

Other hauntings by skeptical81

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, skeptical81, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JessicaWishon1989 (6 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
it could have been the plumbing or something creaking... Pipes bang against eachother... But it all depends on what it really sounded like! So what did it sound like give an example!
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-18)
HI, cool story. Maybe someone died in there. You should look in to that house. Also how did you ex become you ex? If you don't want to tell me its ok. I understand.
GIRLIE
😁
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-23)
Wow have you ever experienced anything like this before? Starnge... ❤ Melonlover
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Hello Skeptical.
I think most people would like to have this kind of experience instead of staring in the face of something! It was over before your "fight or flight" instinct even had a chance to show up. How perfectly spine chilling.
Thank you.
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Hi everyone, glad you enjoyed the story. I don't live there anymore, it was my inlaws house, things happened on a daily basis there, things we'd just shrug off, we rarely saw anyhting but always felt a presence and heard strnage things. It was never scary, jsut kind of made the hair on the back of your neck stand up, I have tons of stories and will post em as I think of em. Tahnks again guys!
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
hi...I'm very happy that you trusted me and
listened to my story. But I want to ask you
something.Why do we see such dreams in which we experiance spirituality and
devilishness? Why did they appear only in my dream? Why didn't they chose any elder like my dad or mom?
I must tell you that I'm only 15yrs old...
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Kerri Thanks for answering my questions so quickly. Sounds to me like you are now spook free. For some people it takes a little more than just noises and shadows to frighten them. Thanks again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Hi, skeptical81. I was wondering if you still live in that house? If so, has anything else happened? That sounds like a pretty scary experience, Was it your first one? It sounds as if you have nothing to worry about because there was only the sound of movement, you didn't say you'd ever seen anything. Give us an update when you can. Thanks for the story, it was a good one!
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-17)
Woah, these are the best kind of stories. It seems more believable when you are suprised by what you experience because it's not the first place your mind goes. I was once touched on the shoulder in Gettysburg and didn't think of ghosts at all. I turned around to say, "o, excuse me!" because I was just SURE it was merely someone wanting to walk past me, but when there was nobody behind me, then I was quite shocked.

Thanks for sharing!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-17)
Wow, that is truly frightening. Where you able to decide what was making the noises? Do you have any idea the history of the house?

God Bless!
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-17)
Shane,
Nope never found out what it was, but the bathroom seemed to be the main area of activity... And it happened all the time! That house was so spookey, I look back now and wonder why I wasn't terrified to be there!
Kerri
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-10-16)
Skeptical, did you ever find out what caused the bumps and bangs? Has it happened since that time? Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: