You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Erie Feeling

Real Ghost Stories

Erie Feeling

 

I moved from Ohio in 2013 and have purchased a home in Gaston, SC. I have always believed in ghost/supernatural/paranormal. My brother, his family and myself have actually gone on ghost hunts, but have never seen anything up until now.

I live in my home with my husband our son, and 2 roommates. I have lived in my home for a year now and on several occasions I have had an eerie feeling like I am being watched, it has affected my sleeping. Over the period of a year I have had the feeling of being watched and it seems to be getting stronger. There are cold spots in my bedroom and when I sit near my bedroom door I feel cold.

On February 6 2015 it seemed to be getting stronger more noticeable. I went to bed and I kept feeling like someone was standing over me watching me, to the point that the hairs on the back of my neck stood up and I got cold chills. I looked and seen no one but I could not sleep and the feeling would not go away, so I left my room. Then it happened again February 8, so strong that it chased me from my room, then last night February 11 it happened again.

My husband and I went to bed, I feel asleep and it seemed as if I was jarred awake. I got the feeling someone was watching me so I left my room and when I came out of my room my son was screaming for me. I ran to his room and he said he had a nightmare of bodies separating.

The feeling of being watched seemed to follow me from my room to my son's room so I got my phone and started recorded in my house from my son's room to my bathroom and when I watched the recording there was a white orb floating from my bathroom where I was going into my bedroom. I do not know if I am scared or if I need to be scared, but I am tired.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GastonSC2013, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

krissy_moon (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Hi. I have experienced a similar thing in the past where I got this feeling of being watched, that I couldn't shake off. Even if I am sleeping peacefully I used to wake up with a start, and feel this presence near my bed. This continued on until I couldn't sleep properly at night and my mom had a similar experience herself which made her bring in a priest to cleanse the house. After that I didn't have a problem with sleeping. When you don't sleep and your mind and body is weak, it gets easier for negative energy to affect you more. Try to cleanse your house, and to find some way to get some good rest.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
A method I use for my own home and family has been sugested... But let's take a step or two back and see if there may be a non-paranormal cause for this.

You mentioned you have been on ghost hunts before... Did anyone on then use a melmeter... Or any other type of device to measure the EMF of the envoroment? I ask because HIGH levels of EMF can cause symtoms like what you have described.

You mentioned your son had a nightmare... It may have been just that... A nightmare, but coupled with the way you have been feeling has made you wonder if the events are linked in some way.

How old is the home you live in? Is there an electrical run near your bed or is the homes electrical distribution (breaker or fuse box) box near your bedroom?
Please check the EMF levels in the home and if you can please post the video of the orb you captured.

Keep a Journal so you can go back and attempt to debunk any odd experiences so that all natural causes can be eliminated. If you have any questions please feel free to ask and please share any findings you come up with.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jemiance (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
Don't let it scare you, because fear can give it more energy. What I suggest is asking it to leave and do this in a polite manner. If it continues, I recommend cleansing your room and your house. Just get a sage smudge stick and go around your house. Go to every door, window and every corner of every room.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-18)
Aside from a home cleanse, I would also suggest you try to gather all your courage and demand this thing to go away. I don't know if it's good or bad, but if it makes you feel that uncomfortable, I would do that. Know you are stronger than it. We all have a light around us that is our protection. Whatever gives you strength and faith, put that in your head and ride on it the next time you feel like you're watched. Hope it helps. Take care.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
Hello:
Have you considered doing a home blessing/cleansing?
There is a member here named Rookdygin that outlines a detailed home cleansing which has been helpful to many. It is listed under "About me" in the profile:

Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

It seems the most obvious place to start, and requires no special knowledge or professional intervention. It is a generic spiritual approach which can be adapted to include your particular faith, if any. Depending upon the activity, cleansings/blessings may need to be performed periodically.

Kind Regards,
Lynev
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-17)
Your story is very fresh as you said its of 6th feb.
Even I get these kind of feelings in my home and in recent days every story says that they feel chilling cold but I never felt that in my house but I always get a feeling of being watched and my house's electrical appliances also work wierdly but my parent never believe in paranormal things.
As our stories are similar. Therefore solutions given to you may also help me
GastonSC2013 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
I do think that it could have been my son screaming that woke me or mothers instinct that something was wrong with my child. I do not really feel fear when I am being watched just creepy but perhaps that is because of my fascination, I have read that sometimes these feelings are real and sometimes they are just you scaring yourself. I guess we will see in time.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-16)
Thanks GastonSC for your story.

Do you think its possible that it was your son's screaming from a nightmare that jarred you awake that night?

With reference to the watching feeling & orb seen I cannot profess to say I know what these are but hopefully they are nothing to worry about. I always feel as if I am being watched but if you are there is nothing to say its a bad spirit watching you, it could be a nice one. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: