You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Glowing Girl on a Swing

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Glowing Girl on a Swing

 

When I was little, about 6 or 7, I went trick or treating alone. While I was out, I felt like someone was watching me, but I just ignored it. I just went on with my trick or treating, when I came up to this strange house. When I passed it, it was like it dropped at least 30 to 40 degrees. It was an old country house with a huge tree and tire swing in the front yard.

When I went up to the door and rang the doorbell, this little girl dressed in a white dress and was glowing in the moonlight was laughing and playing on the swing and there was a glowing white man pushing her on it. I dropped my candy bag and ran when I saw my name printed clearly on the cement. I ran at least 3 blocks home and called 911.

When they came to investigate the scene, everything I described was gone. No name in the cement, no little girl or man. The police men said nothing had ever happened at this house and said it was all my imagination, but I guess I will never know about this strange day. My friends said I was crazy, but I believe something terrible may have happened to this little girl and father. Also when I got home the lights flickered on and off and I kept hearing the strange scream during the middle of the night.

I'd like to figure out more, but I believe if I do, they will haunt me until the day I die.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aimee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

hmb2002 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-15)
Hi. My name is Honnah. I honestly believe that if you find out what you saw that night, you will know how to get rid of it. I have had similar things happen to me. 😳
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-02)
Uh no, this is where fate meets death. Your name on the cement was a warning, of DEATH. And the little girl and man were repeated history of the house, so don't worry about that.

Hope you will live as long as you can...
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Hello Aimee. First off I would like to say that I enjoyed your story very much, it showed a lot of creativity. The main thing that I would like to say is this, find a website that deals with fiction. The reason you have gotten so many negative comments is that people do not like to have "the wool pulled over their eyes". There is nothing wrong with fiction, look at Stephen King and Rod Serling just to name a few, all great writers in the paranormal field but they didn`t try to pass their works off as nonfiction. Keep up the good work, be honest with yourself and others and you will go far. Bless You.

FRAWIN ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-06)
Oh, I get it, Aimee, this story took place years and years ago when people all over did not have to lock their doors, no one had any cause to be cautious of their neighbor and jail houses were virtually empty of people who do harm to children they do not know. Whew, for a bit there I though this had happened recently and you were allowed to go trick or treating without parental supervision at the age of six or seven. Because I know thirty years ago when I was six, things were still too dangerous for that. We had to go out in a group and parents followed us around.

I am sorry, Princesskate, I have to say as Ohiowatha said, I have problems believing this story because I HAVE had some shared experiences with my children, and because as a mother I would NEVER even consider allowing a six year old child of my own out on a dark night to wander up to an old country house (which would mean that there were few houses in between) and have to deal with the fright that an ordinary Halloween would bring, much less one in which all of these things seem to have occurred. And to have that same child deal with calling the police and talking to them without parental support?
Thank you.
asje (7 stories) (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
It could be you really experienced this, there is more between heaven and earth. But I started doubting your story the minute I read you were trick and treating on your own. Too dangerous for a small child. And seeing two glowing figures would definitely not compel me to call 911!
But again, there is more between heaven and earth.
Hawkgirl (6 stories) (55 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Hi Aimee,
As almost everybody, I think this story is hard to believe. I respect the fact that some experiences are strange and unbelievable, but what I don't believe is that you were allowed to go out on Halloween by yourself at such young age. And I think cops can't protect you from ghosts 🤔
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Phew! This is one of those stories that you just know is made up. No parent in their right mind would let a 6/7 year old child out on Halloween by themselves. Sorry, I don't believe this one.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Aimee, I have to agree with Shane. Who would let a 6 or 7 year old go out by themselves? Also, why would you call 911 instead of telling your parents first? Maybe you had too much candy...
Elahie (3 stories) (28 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
XP... That was so cool and yet creepy... I love the 911 part(hilarious) hey and I did not become scared of afraid or anything like that... But I guess I still mite never comment on another story on this site again... Bye ppl
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Does't matter much...that's the reason why my parents never let us go trick or treating... I use to thought that I regret it... But now it's just some childish stuff...
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Gotta go with Melissa on this one. This is a good story, Aimee, but I think it fits better in writing class than on a message board of "true ghost stories..."

And to conflict with one supporting post, I am not questioning the authenticity of your story because I do not believe in such things or things like this haven't happened to me. On the contrary, I have trouble believing stories like this precisely because I DO believe in such things and they HAVE happened to me. Which is why, based on my experiences in life and having read numerous "fake" stories on here by people who profess to know "all about talking to ghosts", I think your story falls into the fictional camp.

This is nice writing, though and I encourage you to keep it up. I bet your teacher would really like to read it too! Thanks, Aimee.
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
yeah I woudl have freaked out too, but remember one thing halloween may be the only time they get to come out and play. On oct 30 pagens belived that a portal opened to allow ghosts and other creatures in to our world and they dressed up to ward off any problems. 😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
Before you see something strange you do get a feeling of being watched it always happens to me. No you weren't crazy what ever you saw you saw so don't listen to them. They won't be saying it if something like that happened to them would they? That was a really interesting story you have there maybe they just came out to have some fun. Sometimes when you see ghosts they don't know there dead so they carry on with life not knowing usually people tell them that they are dead but I couldn't say that to a ghost cause it gets me upset. I don't think it your imagination by the way so ignore people who say that. They just don't believe in these things and they just think people are mad who say these kind of things. They just wouldn't understand because they might of never experienced something like this. I think they would believe if they experienced something strange. I enjoyed reading your story anyway thanks for sharing it with us. 😊
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
I have to agree with Shane on this one! Also, this doesn't quite make sense. You said you went to the house and rang the doorbell and then you saw a glowing girl and man? Also, I became confused when you said your name was on the cement. What on earth did that mean? Also, why did you think it was necessary to involve the police?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Sorry find this one really hard to swallow. I don't know of anyone who would allow a child of just 6 or 7 to trick or treat by themselves. Too dangerous a situation. I believe your imagination got the better of you.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Derek15 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
Oh, and one more thing. Try hitting your local library, or public records library to try and see if you can find anything about this place. Maybe even try going back to the house, just to get the adress, so you can look it up.
Derek15 (3 stories) (16 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-16)
That is terribly creepy! I believe you, don't worry. You are not crazy. But if it gets out of hand, I mean if they start haunting you and stuff, say a prayer, or do some kind of blessing. That is some kind of trauma for a 6-7 year old child. 😢 I really do think that these ghosts are not here to hurt you. They are just letting you know that there here.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: