You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Everyone's Afraid Of The 2nd Floor

Real Ghost Stories

Everyone's Afraid Of The 2nd Floor

 

When I was 12 I moved to a church home called the ranch with my mom. Before all this happened I never believed in ghosts, spirits, or even demons, but now at the age of 20 I believe we're not alone. OK let's get to the story.

When I first moved into the ranch it wasn't just me living there, there were other kids and their moms. On the first night everything seemed fine, nothing was happening. Two days after we moved in I started to become afraid of the 2nd floor. I never wanted to be up there by myself. I didn't know why my mom thought it was a kid thing. You know how some kids become afraid of basements or closets. For some reason I was afraid of the 2nd floor.

My mom always told me that it was all in my head, but I knew what I felt and what I felt was pure evil. A week after moving in I was up stairs by myself trying to rest my eyes when I heard a noise coming from behind me in the bathroom. It sounded like sweeping, as if some one was cleaning the bathroom. When I turned around it stopped like it never happened, but when I rolled back over to rest the noise started up again. I was so scared that I got up and left the room.

I never told my mom what happened. I figured she'll think I'm making it up. Now, lucky for me I wasn't the only one who was hearing things. There were three other kids who heard noises all over that place. I never thought that these things were real.

One night I was asleep up stairs, it was about 11:00pm, when three of the other kids (all sisters) started screaming out of nowhere. I got up to see what was going on when I saw a shadow figure standing at the foot of their bed. It was just standing there looking at them. This thing was not human. It was like this thing's whole body was nothing but shadows. It scared the hell out of me.

Two days after that night my mom told me that one night while she was in the shower she felt someone watching her and yet she was alone up stairs. That freaked her out. Two days later we were gone. We left and never went back. Until this day I always wonder what it was and if it's still there.

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read this. Everything I wrote here is the truth.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostbeliever94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
I agree with Val here, my question is was that the only incident your mother had in this place.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
*peeks to see if notjustme has anymore thoughts worth taking* 😜 😆
Classicvintagechic (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
I can definitely relate to your story. Thinking about it (the odd and horror experience) still gives me the shivers. I never slept in any of the second-story rooms because even if I had all five dogs with me, they refuse to stay or accompany me. I always had nightmares in that house, even if I'm not staying there anymore, it still haunts me.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
Val took my thoughts (you thought stealer 😜 😆) ...and also would like to add, is there a possibility the noises you heard could have been rodents? I believe you felt what you felt, but just for the noise incident, rodents could come into play.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
Hello ghostbeliever, welcome to YGS. I agree with Val. But, as she said, if you had talked to the sisters, perhaps they could give your more information. You said that it had happened when you were 12 years old and that means, it would have been a long time ago. Well, if you could possibly try to find out the information, if the church house still exists, perhaps we could get more clarity.

Please do reply.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-02-22)
ghostbeliever,
From what you've said, with the Ranch being just kids and their Moms - this place was a type of safe house? If you're uncomfortable answering that - no worries. What I'm thinking is if it was, there was bound to be a lot of charged emotion from both the Moms and the kids. All those negative emotions, along with adolescents could generate some manifestations. However, from what you told us, nothing 'bad' or 'evil' occurred that was attributed to it. The shadow you saw (evidently those girls did too) although scary, probably was just observing. Did you ever talk to the sisters about what happened?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-22)
Bella16, take a moment to read our commenting guidelines. The link is at the bottom of the page. Please follow those guidelines, so you don't have any future comments disappear. 😊
tacoboy (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-22)
what kind of body/facial details did you saw on the shadow figure?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: