You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Child Ghost Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

A Child Ghost Or Something Else?

 

I have lived in my present home for almost two years. Over this time, every now and then, a handful of strange things have happened.

It started one night when I put my son to bed. My son loved Thomas the Tank Engine and he had this particular Thomas toy that had a button on the top, when you pushed it Thomas would speak. Anyway, this particular evening I had put my son to bed as normal (he is a good lad and stays in bed and goes straight to sleep) and I went downstairs. After about half an hour, I heard this toy speak and a split second later my son started crying. I raced upstairs, my son was in his bed crying saying the toy had gone off on its own. The toy was on his train track on the other side of his room.

A few months later, I had just got into bed and after around 5 minutes, I heard one of my son's old toys going off in the loft. No one had been up there in months. It was a train (again) that a child could sit on or push along, with lots of buttons that make train sounds etc. It was going off continually until my boyfriend went up there and took the batteries out! Just to clarify that nothing had fallen onto one of the buttons and the train itself was upright with nothing touching it.

Nothing happened after that for a long time. Then one day I was sat reading in the living room when I saw (in my peripheral vision) something walk behind my son's pop up play tent. I naturally got up and look behind the tent, but nothing was there.

Two weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night and I could hear really light footsteps (like a child's) walking around. I lay there for a minute expecting my son to come in my room, he didn't. I asked if he was alright and heard nothing, so I got up to check on him and he was fast asleep in his bed.

Last week, I woke up (again, in the middle of the night) to hear my son's drawers opening and closing. I got up to check on him, again he was sound asleep in bed.

Two days later, I was looking at my mobile, when I saw someone (in my peripheral vision again) walk past my kitchen window. My garden is enclosed with fencing all around. I checked outside and no one was there. There is no where to hide in my garden as it's quite small and bare because of winter. What I saw looked similar if not the same as to what I saw in my living room. It appeared fairly small in height and was a rusty brownish colour. I'm not sure if this is a child or something else. Does anyone have any ideas please?

Other hauntings by BlessedWildAppleGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BlessedWildAppleGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BlessedWildAppleGirl (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-07)
Thanks everyone for your feedback and advice. All is quiet at the moment. Whatever it is, I think it comes and goes and doesn't permanently stay here. I now think it's a child rather than anything else, this is purely based on a feeling I have, but I could be wrong. If anything else happens I will let you know. 😊
sonjaperry (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
Wow, this is eerily similar to one of my experiences here in Australia in a rental home we lived in for 3 yearrs. My 2 sons had a little wooden thomas station where the fat controller would pop out with an exclamation when you pushed one of the 3 buttons! I started hearing it night but didn't think much of it, but then a couple of times I woke up feeling like some one was there and could here soft childlike foot steps coming up my side of the bed (I too got up to check both my sons) nothing! I also recall little tapping/slapping on my pillow and little shakes of the bed head... Little harmless things which made me feel no fear, just that this little being wanted me to notice it (I felt it was a girl?) even though the train thing? Just very gentle and light. I mostly kept all this to myself but one stormy very electric night my husband and I both heard it/her running in and out of the toy room and up the hallway... As if she could generate enough energy to have a good stomp and romp around! In a bizzare twist I actually met one of the previous occupants of the house through pre school! Her father had owned it... She seemed reluctant to talk about it though which I thought odd at the time, so maybe this little ghost had once been her sibling?
shootingstar1o1 (2 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-02-24)
Sometimes when I read or hear a ghost a story I can see and feel what really went on from the spirit's point of view and i'm not 100% sure this is right but what i'm feeling is that this is the spirit of a child and he means no harm (i'm feeling he's a boy) he died young before he got to enjoy his childhood and his life and he's curious about what it would've been like. He notices your son's interest in trains and wants to see if it is enjoyable for him. He is curious and wants to experiment about what his life could've been had he lived. So he's interested in your son and his hobbies but that's it he's not harmful or malicious.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-23)
Hi Blessed, did you make any research about the house you live in? If not, please do so. Check the history of the house, ask your neighbours or the previous occupants. They could give us more clues. I feel like others, it could be a spirit of a child, a naughty one perhaps. Well, you can communicate with it, if it is of disturbing character, especially to your son, while he is asleep and ask it not to startle him or make him cry. Tweed is correct on this aspect and take tweed's suggestion.

Please do share any further information.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
deming (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
Hello,

It seems to me that you have a resident brownie of Scottish & English folklore. I see that you live in the UK, I wonder what region? Brownies are spirits that inhabit your home. They can be mischievous at times but are relatively harmless, in fact they supposedly aid you in household tasks. I hope this helped!
Softus (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
Hey Blessed,

It sounds like a young child to me most likely, the toys going off in the bedroom perhaps could be explained by faulty batteries, but then again, maybe not. It doesn't sound like any harm is being done so I wouldn't worry about it unless your son is scared.

Keep us updated if it develops further 😊
BlessedWildAppleGirl (4 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
Hi Tweed, the first time I saw it, it went behind my son's pop - up play tent, so I'm presuming it was the top of the head as it wasn't much taller than the tent. The second time when it went by the kitchen window I just saw something brown. I couldn't pick out any more detail than that because I was not looking directly at it and it moved at a fairly brisk pace. I don't know if brown is a significant colour or not?
I don't get the impression it's evil but it's a bit freaky to hear things in the middle of the night.
Thank you for your input and advice 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-21)
Hi Blessed,

The interest in toys suggests it's a child to me. I don't know why it would be brown. Do you mean it's brown all over or could that be clothes or hair?

When I've seen ghosts in my peripheral they've often looked monotone in a dull colour. Perhaps this is a common way of seeing them this way. That a human child (or any earthly being in spirit form) could appear monotone in our peripheral. I wonder also when this happens that it's not the ghosts intention to be seen. But rather we pick up on it given the right circumstances.

I feel this ghost means well. He or she seems to like trains. You could, if it gets to be a problem, ask them not to scare your son.
Other than that I would let them check out the toys in the loft. Maybe take out any noisy toys from your sons room before he goes to sleep. If it's a child they probably can't resist pressing buttons etc. But this kind of behaviour would speak to the mind of a child, it doesn't mean it's an evil child, just an inquisitive one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: