You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: When I Was At Grade Fourth

Real Ghost Stories

When I Was At Grade Fourth

 

Before you read, I have to apologise for all the mistakes that I made while writing this story. I am still a students and have a lot more to learn.

I am currently living in Vietnam, a country which has the most extra classes in the world (at least that is what I read on the Internet). The reason, in my opinion, is we students do not gain enough knowledge from school classes (each class, or period, in all Vietnamese schools last for only 45 minutes, and the teachers' salary is too little for them to live on) and the exams (such as university entrance exam) require so many skills that textbooks do not mention.

Primary school years are very important as children will learn a lot of primary skills, and if they fail to gain these simple knowledge, they will have a lot difficulties in the long run. Of course many parents are aware of this, since their children are in the first grade, they have tried to find them good extra classes.

So I did participate in some extra classes. And it was in grade fourth that I experienced an unbelievable and unforgettable event in one.

It was a Wednesday morning, as I remember. When I came to the classroom, it was still early, there were only a few friends of mine and the teacher had not come to unlock the door yet (my teacher did not teach in her house but in a room belonging to an old apartment building that laid in a big lane, maybe because her house is not big enough). So I stood with them on the pavement, waiting and looking at the high houses and shops around.

Then, a black car went into the lane. We just watched it coming without knowing that it would be driven into the pavement where we were standing. In order to avoid being hit, some of us, including me, leaned our back against our classroom window, the others ran farther into the lane. Little did I know that when I turned my head around to look through the window (our classroom window is made of wood, there were no glasses, only slits), I would encounter a woman's face filled with darkness. At first, I thought that was the face of our teacher, so I told my friends, "The teacher is here." As you can imagine, we ran to the classroom door, only to find that it was still locked.

I was terrified. I told my friends that I saw a woman in the classroom. Two of them said that they saw her too. They also stated that they heard the woman say, "Go away, I'm sleeping!"

Many years later, when recalling the event, I thought maybe they were lying, maybe they thought that I made up the story in order to scare friends and they wanted to join. However, I swear that what I am writing is true.

While the frightening still covered us, our teacher came. Of course we told her the story, but she did not believe it, mostly because when opening the door, she found nobody in the room.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honghiff, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Sorry Hong, I didn't see your comment until now. I live in Manitoba (very cold here, on of the coldest provinces of Canada)
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Hongriff, yeahmaybe the car was just a coincidence, and yeah you should come visit the united states, I have meat many people who come over here from other countries and they say they love it, you would to.
honghiff (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-28)
notjustme - I am living in Hanoi. Are you in Canada right now (I saw in your story "The Dock, Be Water")? And which part of Canada do you live in?

Sam22 - Well I was wondering the same thing.
Also I really want to visit United States!
honghiff (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-28)
Thank you all for commenting!

MaybeADreamer - There is only one door and it was locked. However there are many windows in the walls so maybe your theory is right, then my experience is just a misunderstood situation.

Thank you Miracles51031 for saying that!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
hongriff - wow, sorry about How your school situation was, that must have sucked, too bad you couldn't have come to school in America.
Anyway, I'm still wondering what was up with that car, why did it come so close? And you said that your teacher taught in an old apartment, well the apartment may be haunted by someone who died there.
After reading MaybeADreamers comment I agree that that cold too be a possible explanation, but these two I believe are the most possible.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Chao Hong =) First, I'd like to say your English is excellent just like Miracles says! And second, I am from Vietnam too! I was born in HCMC. And boy do I miss the food... Yummy yummy banh canh cua (crab noodle soup)
I want to ask what city are you from? If you don't mind sharing, you don't have to answer that 😊

MaybeDreamer brought out a good possibility, but you did state the classroom was locked, so who knows. What did the lady look like? Normal? Pale? I know you said it was filled with darkness, but I wasn't sure if you meant her face or the classroom. Thanks for sharing.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
honghiff - just so you know, I didn't have to edit your story at all. I may have added a comma or two, but as far as spelling, grammar, yours is better than many of our members whose native language is English 😊

And I think MaybeADreamer has a very valid point. Could it have been a homeless woman? Or maybe it was an apparition. In a situation like this, it certainly be reasonable to believe you saw a ghost. Thanks for sharing this with us.
MaybeADreamer (4 stories) (58 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-02-25)
Maybe there was a homeless person sleeping in the room and you kids woke her up. Then she realised that she would be found very soon so she made a speedy exit before the teacher arrived? That's the only explanation that springs to mind.

Without going back in time I guess there's no way of knowing now. How sad xx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: