You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Kids Say The...scariest... Things

Real Ghost Stories

Kids Say The...scariest... Things

 

My story is actually several small stories that fall under one category: My kids creeping me the heck out! For the sake of simplicity, I'll tell these stories in order from oldest to newest and by which child they relate to. Some are about my little cousin, some about my own daughter and some about my nephew.

(1) Nickona Shae: When I was a teenager and young adult, my uncle and aunt used to go out of town a lot on business, so I babysat my little cousins... A LOT. One night when Shae was about 2 or 3 years old, I had just crawled into bed with her as my aunt and uncle were leaving in the wee hours to catch a plane. All of the sudden she sat up and looked toward the center of her bedroom at the foot of her bed. I tried to get her to lay back down but she continued looking at this same spot. The she asked me, "Sissy, who is that white lady?" I, of course, asked the logical question, "What lady?" Then in that "you're so dumb" tone that only toddlers and teenagers can manage, she huffed and said, as if it was obvious, "The WHITE lady, in the WHITE dress, RIGHT there." She was pointing at the end of her bed! I just calmly laid her back down and spent the rest of the night snuggled up to her with the covers over my head.

Shae also had a habit of waving when we passed cemeteries and shouting, "Hi ya'll!" even when she was small enough that she couldn't see out the window to tell we were passing a cemetery. My uncle was sure I taught her that trick, but nope, wasn't me!

(2) Noah Skye Kathryn: When my daughter, Noah, was a baby my rocking recliner faced away from my front door. She had a habit of stretching up to look over my shoulder as I rocked her, saying "Papa". This is how I always knew when my daddy (her Papa) was stopping by to see her on his way home from work, because every time she would do that he would show up a few minutes later.

When she was 1 1/2 (I'm sure of her age because I had just began keeping a six month old who was almost exactly a year younger than her.) One morning I heard her stirring and went in to get her, she looked at me with the sweetest sleepy smile and said, "Jesus is coming today!" Now, I have to say, that freaked me out a little because I didn't know if she meant it generally or if He was just coming for her, so needless to say I kept Noah and her new little friend extra close that day!

When Noah was about 5 she woke up saying that she "hallucinated" a black cat running across her bed and ran out the door. She even told her pediatrician at her next appointment, to which he replied, "You don't even know what hallucinate means. She put her hands on her hips and said, "Yes I do! It means I saw it and it wasn't really there!" This cracked him up. Of course he should have expected as much she had been speaking in full sentences since she was 13 months old! Lol I'm sure if I thought about it I would have lots more to tell about Noah, but this is already VERY long so I'll move on.

(3) Talyn: When my nephew, Talyn, was small he had several "imaginary" friends. They were forever freaking my sister out! LOL One was "The Red Man", he always said it like that was his name. There are lots of stories but one I remember that really freaked my sister out was when Talyn (who was about 2 at the time) was yelling at "The Red Man" because he was trying to watch TV and "The Red Man" was dancing on top of the entertainment center. He was so mad and even told his mom to make him stop.

When Talyn was about 3, my great-aunt and uncle were murdered in their home and were buried in our family cemetery on our land. Taly didn't know the deceased as he was so small and we really only saw them at Christmas. Shortly after the murders, Talyn gained a new "friend", "The White Man". He talked to him and talked about him for days. Then one day we were having dinner at my Granny's one of the memorials with the deceased photos on it was laying on the dining room table, Talyn picked it up all excited and said, "Look mama it's "The White Man"! We all about died!

Now Talyn had one "friend" that stuck around longer than the rest, his name was "Jungala" (pronounced Jungle-uh). He was always talking about him and playing with him. Then I noticed I hadn't heard about him in a few days, so I asked Talyn about him. He told me he didn't like Jungala anymore because he was mean. He said Jungala was up in a tree listening to us while we talked. I asked what Jungala looked like and here is how my 3 1/2 year old nephew described him. "He is red (Talyn had already told us Jungala was NOT The Red Man, that he was different), and has a big butt from drinking to much sugar and has two big ears that stick out right here." He illustrated by poking one finger on each hand straight up from his forehead one each side (LIKE HORNS)! Jungala kind of when away after that.

One night, years later, my daughter and I were in the theatre watching a horror film (our favorite) when one of the demons was called by name... It sounded just like they said "Jungala"! We both looked at each other and where freaked out enough that our friend asked what in the world was wrong with us. After they said the name again it we realized it was almost the same but a little different. This made me feel better until Noah said, "Yeah but Talyn was little, maybe he was saying it wrong!" Yep, still freaks me out thinking about it!

Sorry this is so long, enjoy and God bless!

Other hauntings by Mama22bratz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mama22bratz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Elizabeth62 (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-19)
I know this post is older but I really enjoyed reading about your children's sightings. My oldest granddaughter used to talk to a little boy who had the same name as my youngest son who passed about 3/4 years before she was born. We always wondered. She is grown now and doesn't remember.
Have a blessed day everyone. ❤
cassidy95 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-20)
This is interesting... I watched a movie Deliver Us From Evil the other night... The demons name was Jungler? Could this have some kind of relation to the imaginary friend? This is what I read about Jungler
This demon speaks Latin, exhibits clairvoyant powers, is strong and can possess people beyond the main source of possession. This means Jungler's influence can move past the possessed source to make other people perform unthinkable acts.

This Jungler demon can speak to dangerous animals without them attacking its host. This demonic spirit commands the most dangerous animals in a zoo to attack people.

Beware of the Jungler. If you see any odd words you don't understand, don't read them. In Deliver Us From Evil, the written words are eerie. They represent a portal to another dimension.

Jungler is the name of the demon. It has an evil agenda to kill living humans through possessing vulnerable people.
Simie (4 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-05)
Wow Great story. Thanks for sharing. What I know is little children got some connections with the spiritual world. That ability goes away when they get older.
KimmieWebb (8 stories) (32 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
Shae waving to the cemetery and saying " Hi Ya'll"...I almost can't handle that. Its the simplest thing on your story, but it sticks out the most to me. Thanks for sharing. Great stories! ❤
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
A few years ago I decided to renovate an old Victorian row house as a flip opportunity with some of my friends who were in the trades. One Saturday my friend showed up with his nephew who he had to 'watch' as his sister was busy. To occupy him we let him play in the enclosed backyard and we left the backdoor open so he could come in and check on us and we could check on him as we were doing our renovation work. At one point we were all ready to go and so we collected my friend's nephew and as we were putting his jacket on he started to say "look! LOOK?... Look at that face!"... Of course we looked but there was nothing there but not only could he see 'a face' but he could tell us in great detail how it looked and what it was doing. The face supposedly was 'smiling' at us which gave me and my friend the shivers but seemed to make the little boy laugh with excitement. So as your title suggests sometimes 'kids do say the scariest things'.
Mama22bratz (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Thank you all for the positive comments! The movie I was talking about was "Deliver us from Evil" Awesome Movie BTW!
Trishah1 (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
😁 Thank you for sharing! Enjoyed reading this. I am curious as WHAT movie the two of you were watching. Lol!
valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-02-28)
Sometimes, it's very difficult to decipher what is part of a child's imagination, and what is part of their reality that we, as adults are no longer privileged to see. I have to agree though, kids can say the scariest things. Thanks for sharing this, I really did enjoy it.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
Mama22bratz - I forgot to mention I love your user name and as well as all the children you've mentioned. Got some good ideas for my future offsprings! 😉
krissy_moon (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-27)
This story was so amazing and well written!❤ Thanks for sharing your experiences! My best take away from this is the part about Jungala having a big butt from drinking too much sugar. Lol 😆
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Great story thanks for sharing!
Children seem to be so much more sensitive to ghosts and otherworldly beings than adults. This story is one of the best examples of this I've ever heard!
Mama22bratz (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Well, it's never boring around our place, that's for sure! LOL

I forgot to mention that my son, Jonah Seth also had a whole troup of "imaginary" friends, "The Green Scouts" (his name for them) He was always blaming the for things he did. Once he broke something and claimed it happened because one of the Green Scouts mom was having a baby and he had to jump across the couch to "Catch it". He was about 4 or 5 at the time. LOL
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
By the way, the part about "Jesus is coming today!" almost made me spit out my pop then die laughing at your reaction LOL
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-02-26)
Holy jumoly! Sounds like you got a bunch of these one your hands
Http://in5d.com/tuning-in-to-the-needs-of-indigo-children/

Quite cool I think, as long as they are safe. Good story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: