You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My First Attack

Real Ghost Stories

My First Attack

 

I remember when I was young maybe ten or eleven I had my first attack. Growing up I didn't have much paranormal witnessing or have anything out of the ordinary (Though my mom does like to say I've met Jesus in a dream before but that's beside the point). Anyway. I remember that it was dark outside while my family was out by the camp fire, my Uncle was doing his thing telling us stories and making us all laugh because that's the type of guy he is.

I had to go inside the cabin for some reason maybe to get more water but next thing I know I could feel my body give out from under me making me collide into the hard wooden floor. I couldn't scream, and I could barely breathe. It felt as if there was this large pressure pressed against my chest.

I know I'm not that strong but that weight pressed down against me felt as if it was maybe 100 lbs? Heck I can pick that up if I'm forced to but being 10 or 11. It was impossible to move! After about a minute or two the feeling went away and I was too terrified to move. My aunt walked in on me on the floor.

I said I fell.

No one would believe me thinking it was some childish imagination. I'm still kind of terrified to enter that cabin alone. I don't think that spirit liked me and I don't know what I might have done to make it mad but whenever I return to Kentucky I try to avoid being alone at all costs. I'm terrified I'll make it mad again. But now I know a few more tips on how not to piss it off and what not to do if something does happen. Horror movies kind of helped.

I know I'm weird but hey a lot of people are and because of what happened made me believe in ghosts, I only thought they were stories, now I know better. And let me tell you I've had a few more experiences now that I'm older. For example there's a kid latched onto me but that's a story for another time.

Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kiragirl19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xengxue (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
I second on the kid story... I want to know more about it. Just filling in space because I needs to be at least 50 characters
crookshanks (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
Kira, before you are sure that this experience was purely paranormal, please go see your doctor to see if it was a seizure or another medical condition. I'm epileptic and sometimes during a seizure (at least the parts I am able to remember of it), I always feel terrified and when I 'wake up' from the seizure, if it was a particularly bad one, my body feels extremely heavy and I always 'wake up' on my back if it is this kind of seizure and I'm unable to move because of the pressure for a few minutes.

Sorry but I had to say that just in case. However if it wasn't caused by a medical condition and was paranormal then tell the spirit that you don't like what it does to you and tell it to leave the cabin. I look forward to your other stories 😊
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
I too would like to know if you found anything out. Apparently cabins have a habit of being haunted or something paranormal or even just weird happening on the grounds, so I would investigate any legends you stories you do hear.
The only thing I would suggest is could you possibly have had a mini seizure?
krissy_moon (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
Totally hooked at "...there's a kid latched onto me". **cliffhanger** Would like to hear more about your experiences!:)
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
The thing about weight being on your chest kind of sounds like sleep paralysis, but it obviously wasn't that because you were clearly awake. I'm not sure what this was, I know that I wouldn't like that to happen to me. Refer to lady-glow's comment/questions, I think she could help you.
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Hello Kira, I can only imagine the fear you must have felt after being pushed down and held down by something you were not able to see. Don't ever let the unknown get the edge on you. Just think of this "Any fear can make you stronger if you know how to wield it" keep being as strong as you can.:)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+6
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Kira: welcome to YGS.
Do you know if there is a history of paranormal activity in that cabin?
Have you ever again suffered that kind of attack?
Have you talk to a doctor about it?
Would it be possible for you to have a medical condition that makes you prone to seizures?
Have any of your relatives experienced any activity in the cabin?

I ask all these questions because it is important to discard any medical condition before considering the paranormal.

Thanks for sharing your story with us

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: