You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Is Our House Really Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is Our House Really Haunted?

 

This is my first time to share my encounter with the unknown on the internet. Although I have shared this to my family and some friends, I wanted to share it with all of you as well.

It happened in the late 2004 at my mom's house in the Philippines. During that time I used to stay up super late to use the internet. It was an early quiet morning, I say around 3 am. I was in my room chatting with a friend on a messenger. Let me describe the door in my room. It has a glass panel on top of it, all the way up to the ceiling. Whenever a light is turned on in the living room, I can see it reflecting from the top of my door.

I was feeling uneasy and I accidentally looked up to my door and there I saw a white figure, with no face, came up as if it was on a ladder looking into my room and quickly came down. The light was on in my room. I felt all my hair on the back of my neck stood up. I turned the pc off and went to bed. Covered myself with my blanket. I fell asleep immediately, maybe because it was really late for me.

Later that morning I woke up, I heard my father and mother talking about something that my father saw in their room. I was curious and asked what that was. He said that at about 5 am, he woke up and saw a white figure of a woman with a flowy dress at the foot of their bed. At first he thought it was my mom, she gets up super early every day. He watched the lady walked in front of him and walked through the wall. He watched her as she disappeared in thin air. He got up immediately and called my mom who was busy in the kitchen. I told them what I saw earlier and we concluded that it could be the same "lady."

Later that day, a good friend of mine came to visit me. We have a receiving room, like a lounge outside the main house. I was playing pool with my friend when he suddenly stopped. He looked shocked and confused. He called my sister's name who was in her room at that time. My sister responded and said that she was in her room the whole time and never left. I asked him what it was. He said that he saw a lady covered in dirt with a long hair, ran from the kitchen to my mother's room. From the receiving area you can see the inside of the house. This friend of mine can see the unknown sometimes. I don't live there anymore. I left 10 years ago. But my sister still feels and sometimes sees some dark shadows in the house. They are harmless but can't seem to leave our house.

Till my next story.

Thank you.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ramencoat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-06)
hi, Ramencoat... Creepy story... I love all the folklore or ghost related story of Japan I keep reading all this. And I really want to visit Japan I love its culture and many more... OOOhhh coming to your story I am agree with xengxue Thanks for sharing
xengxue (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-04)
since you said your from the Philippines in guessing your Asian pacific. I'm asain and in my culture that could be a deceased realative coming to pay you a visit and checking up on you. As for the shadow that's a bad thing. I would get someone to bless the house or move hopefully its not attach to a family member
MikeArcAngel (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Considering the spirit you were speaking of mostly appeared as a white apparition, with no darkness coming from it suggests it isn't harmful. Yet. But like you said you moved from that place a while ago. But the dark shadows can and will lead to scary situations. There are scientific explanations for the shadows but it can also mean something might be trying to influence you. I know this because I was seeing the same thing but got a little too carried away with finding out what it was.
If you are religious pray and bless the house. Also do not, do NOT, demand the thing casting he shadows to leave. This only angers them, it doesn't get rid of them. Black shadows are not a good sign. If you can get a priest to do a blessing on the house you are in.
I wish you good luck and god bless:)
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Ramencoat, Going by what you've described I get the sense the lady wasn't residual because she appeared to be aware of you and your family. Kinda looking in on you all.

It's interesting that she was witnessed only for a day or so and not since. This might mean she's not connected to the house. But if not I wonder what peaked her interest at that time.

Interesting story!
ramencoat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Thank you Skeptical4menu for your comment. We ask the same question. Who could it be and what does she want? Harmless but disturbing at times. My sisters have their own stories about a "kid" in the house. Sometimes, they actually think that it could be ghost family living with them. I would like to share their stories but it's not mine. Thank you.
ramencoat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Thank you spiritwaiting for your comment. The house was built around 1984. We are the first owner of it. I couldn't remember anything scary when I was a small kid. But as I was growing up, our neighbors will tell some stories about dwarves and other scary stories happening in their houses too. So it could be the area where we live. Other than this I am not quite sure about the history of that area. Thank you.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
Ramencoat,it could be she is attached to the home, and is just passing through. Or it could very well be residual and your seeing replays of something that has happened in the house. By any chance, do you know when this house was built? It could have something to do with past events. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Skeptical4menu (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-01)
That was scary! Good story! I wonder who that woman was and why you only saw her for a short time.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: