You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lights And Sounds

Real Ghost Stories

Lights And Sounds

 

I grew up in a family who do not believe in anything related to ghosts or anything supernatural. But in the course of time I have faced a number of experiences to believe that there indeed exists something strange and unexplainable.

This first happened to me when I was about 7. My dad had gone on a business trip so I, being the youngest, slept beside my mom that night. I woke up to the dogs barking and howling and to my utter terror the room was completely red in color. I told my mom the story the next morning but my whole family just laughed it off.

After a few years we moved in to a new house and my parents were living abroad due to job demands. A month after they left I moved into their room as I was missing them terribly, and for a week or so I was able to sleep peacefully. However, one night just as I was dropping off to sleep I could literally feel someone whispering into my ear. I tried to scream and shout but was unable to, like sleep paralysis. I could hear the whispers getting louder like someone was shouting into my ear. I was finally able to free myself and ran to my aunt's room.

The following night I dreamt that I was walking into my aunt's room and stood there staring at her near her closet. It felt very real but I didn't think much of it until the next evening when my aunt mentioned that she woke up in the night without any reason to see a black figure standing and staring at her.

My aunt had a poodle who one day just woke up from her bed, ran to my room door and started growling and barking at nothing but refused to enter the room.

And the last incident I had was one night during the winter season and after continuous nights of sleep paralysis I was getting ready to go to bed and switched off the lights. Then after a few minutes I started seeing some strange circular formation of lights made up of even smaller circles... Very hard to describe. It was like the more I stared at it the brighter it got.

I don't have any idea as to how to explain these events until date.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emi22, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
Yes notjustme I too agree with your theory as I too felt exactly the same thing when I read where his aunty saw the shadow at the same time.
Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
The circular light which you saw could be explained in meditation as I am yoga therapist and teach meditation. Usually for people who see spirits and sense or see paranormal stuffs have their third eye open and seeing lights and orbs are due to this and behind the head there is place which response to light which is cave of brahma where one can see lights and sparks by their eyes closed. You are like antenna for the whole galaxy and when we tune in we can see the unseen.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
What I'm saying is some people claimed "I was laying in bed when I suddenly saw shadow go by the wall" - what if, WHAT IF! This was a family member who has just walked into the dream world? Not saying it's always them, could be other entities too, but I find that pretty cool to pick at.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
This story opened something for me. And I'm very glad you shared it. The part where you said you saw your aunt sleeping and she saw a shadow person...BINGO!

There are countless amount of stories on here with shadow people and now we can add another theory. So what I'm thinking is, as we dream we are traveling with our souls.
There is no 100% scientific explanation for dreams, and this is what I like to believe. So as you were soul traveling, your aunt caught your soul shadow. This is amazing to me! You were not clear because you were not in full body form (or shell, as I like to call it) and your aunt was in between sleeps. Most people who have gone through sleep paralysis would agree that most of the time it happens when they are just about to fall asleep but not quite yet asleep, or most relaxed. Just wanted to share my thoughts... Again amazing! Learned something new 😆
Chin2Raval (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-03)
Hi Emi22, Welcome to YGS. Ok let's discuss the things you have benn passed through.

You said The dream that you saw you are staring at your aunty, and at the same time next day your aunty told you that she woke up by seeing a black figure. Sometimes, we are doing things in actually but we think its dream. Even I have been through it. Maybe your are actually sleep walking but it feels like dream. Maybe she showed you, and due to darkness she can't clearly see you. Believe me as I said, I have been through it.

Next thing is that your Pet refuse to enter the room but barks at it. And all those Orbs.

See if the orbs are there then there must be some energy is around.

Emi22, you need to perform a cleansing of your house. No matter it's true or not but see if you think something is weird, There is no problem to take a positive step. Have Faith in God. Believe in God. Everything is going to be alright.

God Bless You Dear!

Thank You.

Love and Regards.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Emi22, you described that room completely red in color did you mean it was painted red or it was red but wasn't supposed to be?, because if that is the case that's quite odd. And those lights you saw in the circular formation, could those be orbs? If they are I think that's unusual, I have read story's about orbs and seen photos but never several of them in one fformation. That' shadow you grandmother saw may be a shadow person/figure/being.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-02)
Emi22: welcome to YGS.
Given the age and the stressful situation you were going through, it is hard to tell if some or your experiences're just dreams, though I have to admit the part about your aunt seen a shadow by her bedside seems to be an out of body experience.
Anyway, I'm glad your experiences have made you open and accepting to the existence of a paranormal "world" within the world we live in.
Thanks for sharing your story with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: