You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Figure at my Bedside

Real Ghost Stories

Figure at my Bedside

 

This is my one and only paranormal experience, thankfully, because I don't know if I could survive another! I was about 14 years old at the time (25 now) and was spending winter vacation at my grandparents house. Now, my grandparents house wasn't old, it wasn't reportedly haunted or even built on an indian burial ground - nothing dramatic, just a newer house built in the forest.

I was sleeping in the spare bedroom with my cousin and was slowly awakened, by what I don't remember, but suddenly I was WIDE AWAKE. There in the glow from the fire place lighting the room, there was a black figure walking from just outside the doorway to beside the bed - right beside me. This figure had no discernable features, but it was as big as the door frame and was just walking out to the hallway and back to the bedside. I was paralyzed with fear. My stomach would clench as the figure drew nearer and nearer, terrified that it would reach out and touch me. It would get close and then turn around again. I was scared, but not so much that I couldn't elbow my cousin and ask her to switch places with me! She just groaned and never woke up.

I don't know what or who it could have been but I couldn't have felt too threatened because I fell back asleep eventually. That's it, no big ending and I never encountered it again. As I get older I wonder could it have been someone in my family or even someone in my cousin's family (her other side) protecting us during the night? Something to discuss at holidays with the family!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Heidi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-21)
Hello Heidi. I agree with whitebuffalo. It does not matter if a house is old or new or buikt on top of an Indian burial ground. It sounds to me like it was either someone in your family watching over you or possibly even one of your guides. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-05)
Hello Heidi.
For a house to have an entity in it's walls, it does not have to be old, someone did not have to die in it, and it did not have to be built on an old Indian burial ground.
This house is beside a forest. There may have been trails that people walked along that happens to have been where the house now stands. Something could have happened on the land itself to cause a visit from the Other Side.
Or it could be a family member who had passed on before who was just checking in, or checking on you all. Either way, this was a good story. Thank you.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Dear Heidi,

No matter what the experience, whether it be our regular daily life or paranormal, the ultimate conclusion and explanation of any human being's experience is our own choice to choose what fits our present perception and belief system. With that said, you have the right to decide for yourself what you have witnessed.

I can only speak from my own experience, knowledge, perception, belief system and research. All such entities may be dead human beings who are trapped on earth or earth bound, called ghosts. They may be dead human beings who have crossed over to the other side and return to visit the earthly realms again, called spirits. They may be dead human beings who are lower level human beings who wish to be mean and cause havoc for the living, such as a poltergeist. This type of playful or mean behavior can also be displayed by non-human beings. These non-human beings could come from the lower levels or darker side of the ether worlds. They can also be from another dimension or and ET. They could come from the nature spirit family as well. They can be our long dead ancestors. They can be of the angelic realm. In a human perspective which relies on the perception of good and evil or black and white, all such beings alive, dead, human or non-human, each is at a different level of dark or light. Those beings who are of the higher levels will not wish to cause harm, fear and pain. Those others who come from the darker levels will feed off fears and cause as much chaos, pain and harm as they are allowed. If you have to choose please choose unconditional love, as all can change their faces, but none can change what is unconditional, and that is love eternal.

How can you tell what is for your best and higher levels, they will be those who hold your best and higher interest at heart. Love does not come with fear, pain, chaos, and suffering. Love does not demand as it is patient. If you set boundaries love will know where those boundaries are without asking or demanding you change. Practice this in the living world and with all those who are no longer of this living world or who come from darker worlds and are non-humans. Use your common sense. Unconditional Love sets you free, it does not enslave, cause you suffering or imprisons you. If you can't tell if an entity is wearing a black or white hat, check in with yourself and ask yourself how this entity makes you feel and what does it want in return. Love makes you feel good about yourself and your surroundings and it asks for nothing in return but that you be of love and be free.

May you dear readers, all be free of uninvited guests. May you have the wisdom to know which uninvited guests have your best interests at heart and may unconditional love always be the beginning, middle and eternal end to any choice, agreement, experience or belief you may perceive in or out of your physical body.

Blessings, Abby
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Wow good story, I remember being little and looking out my window everynite I could see the figure of a man's sillouhette on my window shade. I still wonder to this day if it was just a shadow from a tree or something more...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
As you fely no evil from this and was able to go back to sleep, it is quite possible it may have been a realative gone on befre. Maybe just checking up on you.

I wonder if anything like this has haoened to other individuals in the house?

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-18)
Heidi, has anyone else spoken of any similar experience in your grandparents house? It could have been something to do with the land and the previous occupants or, as Shane suggested, a relative of yours, your cousins or even your grandparents. It seems you have nothing to worry about since there wasn't anything threatening or scary about things. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-17)
It could have been a relative Heidi. I am glad that you didn't automatically assume that because it was a dark shadow figure that it was evil. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: