You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Dreaming Or?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Dreaming Or?

 

I've seen many of you on this page with having similar experiences of a dream that actually feels pretty real the next morning, but we always tend to say... It was just a dream... But, was it? (Just for the background, when I dream, I have very nice calm dreams floating in different worlds filled with happiness and positive experiences. This one was way more different.)

I was living in an apartment in heart of the city with 3 other flatmates, each of us having a separate room. I went to sleep as I usually do. The bed I sleep in is next to a door that was closed for privacy. Door is leading to a common hall. I remembering waking up around 1:00 at a sound of the door handle. The door popped open a little. I got out the bed and closed it, assuming it's just the wind (my window was closed) but who knows. Just a wind.

Went to sleep again and after couple hours same happened again. I got up again, went to the hall to check whether someone forgot to close the door or kitchen window. All closed, everyone asleep in their rooms. Anyway, went to bed again and fell asleep in a minute.

Next thing after an hour maybe, I heard the door handle again, I turned around, but this time... It looked like someone is holding it down from the other side! I thought to myself... OK guys, end of fun. Don't you understand I have to go to work early morning!...Stupid flatmates, this isn't funny.

I went to the closed door and grabbed the handle to pull it open. But I couldn't! There was literally someone holding the door from the other side! I got really mad at my flatmates and swung the door open with all the force and... Nothing. NOTHING. Not a sound, empty hall. I went down the hall checking on my friends and they were all asleep.

Well that freaked me out seriously. I sat down for a little and felt very, very tired. I closed the door again and woke up in the morning thinking to myself... What a weird dream!

I told it to one of my flatmates (she's very spiritual and can feel good and bad energies. Does Reiki as well) The moment I told her my dream her skin turned to goosebumps and she told me... Are you sure it was just a dream? And that got me thinking...

What do you think?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jancariel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jancariel (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Hi Vikstal, well that's a question. I cannot tell whether it was or wasn't. It felt like reality when I woke up. But I forced myself to think it was just a dream. Otherwise I'd move out right away. I don't have dreams like these. Never. This was first time in my entire life.
That's why I'm posting it here in case someone experienced similar...
Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
I didn't get it. Was it a dream then or did it actually happen?
jancariel (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hi there, thanks for your comment...
I don't live there anymore. It all happened 3 years ago. Yeah it could of been anything. The flat was new, together with the doors. I tried to forget this nightmare as soon as possible so I didn't paid any attention to the door or the dream until now when I read few stories of being awake/sleeping and what is means or what happens to the body at the this time. Thanks again
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hi jancariel, this is quite an interesting experience you had. Still try to find out if the lock is secure or it is giving way. Because in my house, my attached bathroom door will open quite frequently without any wind or anything and the door will also jam sometimes as if someone was holding it from the other side. But, I got it checked up and ultimately, it was a small piece of wood that was responsible for the lock not getting fully into the orifice.

So please do check up the door before jumping to paranormal. I am not saying that it has got nothing to do with paranormal. It might be. Still because of my own experience, just advising you.

Keep us informed of developments.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: