You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Standing Right Next To Me

Real Ghost Stories

Standing Right Next To Me

 

Ever since I was really young, I would have Sleep Paralysis. It would scare me so much that I would be afraid to fall asleep again the next night. It felt like someone was choking me or someone sitting on my chest without being able to breathe. It was an unbearable feeling. It would only last a couple seconds though (luckily), because I read on the internet that some attacks lasted entire minutes! My Sleep Paralysis would mostly happen when I would sleep on my back, that's why now I only sleep on my sides and now they rarely happen. I also read that Sleep Paralysis is simply just the brain being awake while the body is still asleep, but I believe it's much more than that.

A year ago when I was about 16, I woke up from my sleep and realized I missed the bus to go school so I just shrugged it off and went back to sleep. When I awoke again I realized that I couldn't moved and struggled to breathe, so I began to say Jesus's name in my mind to try to get rid of whatever was holding me down. When I said Jesus's name, my ears started ringing really loudly and I started hearing very loud static noises in my head, and then like 5 seconds later everything stopped and I could finally get up and breathe properly. I got very frightened and decided not to go to sleep anymore for the rest of the day. This was the worst Sleep Paralysis I had, but it only got worse.

One night I was just laying down watching TV in my room while my brothers slept in a bed next to me. I was trying so hard to fall asleep because I was so tired but yet couldn't fall asleep. All of a sudden I realized I couldn't move and I tried to call my mom for help across the hallway but only tiny whispers came out. Then I looked to the left of me and that's when I seen him! At first I thought it was my dad that came to help me and I felt a bit calm and relaxed but then I focused on his hand and his hand looked like an ash color, and he was holding something in his hand that looked something like a necklace or chain. I felt my heart start beating faster when I realized it wasn't my dad that was standing, watching me, right beside my bed. I also noticed that he was wearing a trench coat and there was no color to him besides black. I couldn't see his face or upper body because he was standing directly to the side of me while I was laying down. He was at least 5 inches away from me.

I occasionally have Sleep Paralysis but I am no longer afraid of them. I'm actually curious about them because I know there's more to them than just your brain being awake while your body sleeps. People say that you are basically dreaming with your eyes open but why do ALOT of people see the same being I seen?

Other hauntings by SegaGK

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SegaGK, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
I have learned that it is when we sleep on our back our breathing is, what's the word I'm looking for... Correct maybe? Like in meditation. That's when we align our chakras, which opens our third eye, along with other things. I'm horrible when it comes to explaining things on paper, so I have added a link for you to check out and it will be much more clear than me trying to explain and sound nutty 😆
Http://thespiritscience.net/2012/03/21/astral-projection-101-dmt-sleep-paralysis/
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Ew that is creepy. I never really understood shadow people but I do think they exist. I hope people are able to help you out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: