You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Boy In The Tent

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy In The Tent

 

This occurred a few years back. While I have had several paranormal experiences in my life, this one has, by far, had the biggest impact on me. This occurred on a dreary Monday morning.

The previous Friday evening I had put up a small tent in my living room, for my kids to "camp" in over the weekend. On Monday morning the tent was still up, as my kids had asked me to leave it up for another day or so. They had left for school, and I was sitting on the couch drinking a cup of coffee, when I saw movement out of the corner of my eye coming from the direction of the tent.

The only pet that we have is an outdoor cat, but sometimes she sneaks in on occasion, so that was the first thing that popped into my mind. I turned to look, fully expecting the cat to be in the tent - but what I saw instead is something I will never forget for the rest of my life. Inside the tent, in the far back corner, was a little boy (I think), with his knees drawn up to his chest and his arms wrapped around his legs in front of him, staring right at me.

I had eyes on this for no more than 1 or 2 seconds before it was just gone, completely disappeared. Although I only saw this for a brief moment, I KNOW what I saw. Needless to say, that tent was taken down immediately, and hasn't been used since.

I don't think the tent itself was haunted though, for two reasons. First, it was a brand new tent that I had purchased at Target. Second, there is a postscript to this story that happened a few weeks later, and the tent was not involved this time.

Like I said, this incident occurred several weeks after the tent fiasco. A friend of mine had stopped by my house unexpectedly when I wasn't home, although she did not know this. She knocked on the door several times, then decided to go around to the back door and knock on it, thinking maybe I couldn't hear the front door. You can see right into my house through the back door, as it is a glass door.

She apparently saw just the tail end of my daughter walking into her bedroom... Or what she thought was my daughter. She couldn't understand why no one was paying attention to her constant knocking, so finally she took out her cell and called me. When I told her that I was over at my mother's house and not at home, she asked why I had left the kids at home alone (as they were only 10 years old). I informed her that both kids were with me, and that NO ONE was home.

Five minutes later, she arrived at my mother's house shaking like a leaf, and with bloody scratches on her neck. Apparently when I had told her that no one was home, she had taken off running around the side of the house, full throttle, through the bushes to her car in an effort to get off the property, and scratched her neck running through the bushes in the process.

When we all finally got back to my house later on, my daughter's bedroom door was nearly closed, but when we had left home it was wide open.

I have no explanation for what I saw that morning in the tent, but I definitely saw what I saw, and it changed me. Before this experience, I had always been a person to sleep in pitch black dark, even after several other paranormal experiences in my life. But THIS - since this happened, I am now a grown woman who will forever sleep with the hall light on!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kambersmith, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kambersmith (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
No, my daughter has long hair. I don't think my friend saw that much detail, just the quick fllash of a figure, and just assumed it was my daughter since it was her room. I don't feel anything evil or negative, but it sure was creepy. Once my husband saw a dark haired little boy standing behind him in the reflection of our TV (which was off). Most of the things we've seen/heard over the years here seem to have been a child.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
eeeeee! So scary! Little child spirits scare the crap out of me, makes me sad but also terrified. I always feel bad for children spirits because I feel they were only kids when they died and some of them have no clue where to go after death. I suggest you do a prayer for them and tell them to go find peace and that everything will be okay. But if it has harm intentions you would most likely feel it.

Of course you were shaken up, like your friend when you encountered this, but just to me, it sounds like it mean no harms. Does your daughter have short hair? I'm asking because I'm wondering if what your friend saw was the same spirit as you saw, to determine how many you have in the house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: