You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Helpful Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

A Helpful Visitor

 

In 2011 I was rushed to the ER suffering from a very high fever brought on by Septic Shock. I was quickly admitted and was put on a course of Intravenous Antibiotics called Levaquin.

A few nights into my treatment I was unable to sleep and found myself content with watching late-night television. My attention would frequently wander over to the open door and to the nurses and staff passing by the door. On one such occasion a woman happened to slowly pass by me and I muttered (somewhat out of character) "hello". The woman was very pretty with a pale complexion with very, very blue eyes and her face was framed by nearly shoulder length brown hair. She smiled at me then pressed her index finger to her lips and let out a soft "Shhhh". She then continued down the hall and out of sight.

I replayed the odd occurrence in my mind and it then occurred to me that she wasn't wearing the scrubs of a modern nurse but rather the white outfit of some turn of the century nurse. The next morning I ask the attending if there was some sort of costume party the night before and was told no.

A few days later after the fever had broken I found myself being wheeled out of the hospital and we passed by a mural of the hospital's history including a bunch of photos of women wearing similar outfits. Whenever I relate this story to others they tell me that I was dreaming and my seeing the photos put the information in my head. "I never saw that Mural!" I say "I was admitted through the Emergency Room, not the Main Entrance."

To this day I'm confused by the experience. I've never had any type of paranormal happening. One believer told me that I was being "watched over" by a kind spirit but I don't know what to believe.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SavantiRomero, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hello:
I agree with Bliss; that it was a nurse from another generation there to comfort the ailing. It can be shocking to actually see them, but perhaps take comfort that there are those skilled on the other side taking an active interest in what happens to us.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Did you have a high fever the whole time you were at the hospital and then you were released once it was done? Did you have any drugs, or pain killers, in your system? These have been known to cause hallucinations.
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Wow, that is a great story, it could have been one of the staff that used to work there while she was alive.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: