You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Spirits Getting Dangerous

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Getting Dangerous

 

The events I am about to describe all occurred within the last year, right up until the most recent incident on 2/22/15. My friend Jack lives alone on the bottom of a large 2 unit home, which he says used to be a rooming house in the old days. The house is about 150 years old. Any history of the house is unknown to me at this time.

I had never had a real paranormal experience in my life until what I am about to tell you occurred. The first experience happened when we had just walked outside and were standing in the driveway of his house talking. I looked in through a window of the room we had just left, and saw the figure of a man standing there looking at me. I could see him quite clearly, even the navy blue color of his old fashioned pea coat, his hair color, and the expression on his face. He was there for a split second then gone, and while he was there I heard a fizzy sound like a radio station not coming in.

I went to Jack's house the next weekend and remarked to him how clean the place was. We both left the living room and walked into the kitchen. When we returned to the living room there was a large pile of laundry on the floor that was not there. Jack was shocked as was I.

A couple of weeks after that we went in to the barn to collect wood and Jack was stunned to see a red wagon there, right in front of the woodpile, that he had never seen before. More shockingly, it was the same red wagon from his childhood in Ohio. He said he was sure the wagon was not there before that night.

The most disturbing incident happened a couple of weeks ago. We went into the barn to get wood again, and Jack jokingly threw a log across the room to try and scare me. Right after that we came into the house and Jack rolled up the leg of his pants to reveal a large swollen wound, like half a tennis ball, with what looked like teeth marks in the middle of it. There is no plausible answer to how that wound occurred, nothing struck him or anything like that.

Jack also told me how he saw a dark figure walking up the driveway one night, coming toward him. He ran in the house right away. Also a friend visited from Australia and she stayed in the house for a month. She told me it was haunted by many ghosts, including a something evil that was not human. Her dreams were horrifying while there.

I don't know if this has any relevance but the stars shine incredibly bright above this house, much brighter than anywhere in New England I have seen---my friend Jack is reluctant to talk about any of this stuff---so thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TomS, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TomS (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Hello Biblio,

Thanks for your advice on how to pursue history of the house, and I plan on doing just that and reporting back to this site.

I just can't imagine an animal being able to bite my friend standing right beside me without anything being seen and no noise either, but I honestly don't know what caused it.

Two more things have happened since my last post. I was sweeping around a table with 4 pushed in chairs, and a 5th chair that was outside the rest. I asked Jack to please move the 5th chair somewhere else so I could sweep properly. I then walked into the kitchen and when I came back 2 minutes later the 5th chair was gone, no where to be found in the entire house! Jack never touched it, he doesn't even believe me that a 5th chair was ever there, but I'm certain it was.

The last time I was there we heard scratching on the upper wall like something trying to dig it's way into the wall, along with some thumping sounds. We both looked directly at the spot while it was happening. Also my fully charged phone was dead when I got home which makes no sense. This isn't over that's for sure.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Greetings, TomS.

I, too, am curious about Jack's leg wound. Bite marks in the center of a wound or swelling do indicate insect or arachnid bites; additionally, it could be a small puncture wound caused by a splinter dragged across his skin (by the fabric of his jeans, perhaps?). In either case, the swelling would indicate an allergic reaction; does any contributor know of a spiritual/supernatural wound which manifested as a scratch with an allergic reaction?

I have no doubts about the majority of your claims, as they seem to be in keeping with known haunting phenomena, and your clear, matter-of-fact prose shows that you have spent time considering the events from several angles.

I would love to know more about the history of both the house and the land. You would need to go to the town hall to research the deeds to the property. Additionally, town Libraries often work with local Historical Societies to preserve records. Most people who work with local history are thrilled when someone shows a genuine interest. If you meet any resistance, such as over-cautious curators who are suspicious of questions (this happened to me when I wanted to do research in a famous American Art museum), claim that you'd like to surprise your friend by creating a framed history to hang in his home as a birthday present; they may relent!

I'm curious about the history because your description of "about 150 years old" puts construction at the end of the American Civil War; a great many bereaved people turned to Spiritualism, Mediumship, and assorted mystical practices, between 1860-1890...and again after World War I, from 1918 until about 1930. Very often, the fraudulent 'practitioners' were well-intentioned eccentrics or they were con artists aided by accomplices and by the wishful thinking of their marks. Two further possibilities exist; people with genuine abilities, and frauds who accidentally accomplished something supernatural (stopped clock: twice-a-day).

The history may be important because the sudden appearance of the red wagon troubles me a great deal. It may have been a simple coincidence, but it sounds suspiciously like a portal attuned to your friend in order to get his attention. That possibility *may* support the Australian friend's assertion of "something evil that was not human."

PLEASE do not be alarmed; look at the tentative, speculative nature of the previous paragraph. This is all guesswork; hypotheses need to be tested, which is why I introduced the research avenues first. I sincerely hope that you find reassuring data to suggest my ideas are mistaken, as my first thought is often, "what IS the worst thing that could happen and how should I deal with it?"

I'd be excited to know what your research uncovers, or to hear of further activity in Jack's home.

Take care,
-Biblio
TomS (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Thanks for the interest. I should have taken a photo of the wound but did not. I still visit the place so I will be ready to try to get some evidence. I had such a bad feeling after the wound incident that I had to leave right away (after offering first aid which my friend refused). The marks within the wound were too big for a spider, but the swelling was dramatic.

We never saw any animals in the barn at any time. I will check to see if the wagon is still there. I will also report again in the future--thanks
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
id like to hear more about the red wagon... What happened it? Did it disappear again?
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
That sounded so horrible... Well the house is like one of my friend's narrated stories which she had experienced... Well she lived in the North and moved in the South of the country and bought a house and she told me that the house seemed to be really haunted with not only one but many ghosts... And not only this, she also told me that not all of them seemed harmful as some of them would be there to harm while others would be there to protect. If you know what I mean.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I too, wonder if the bite on his leg is perhaps a spider bite. But ruling that incident out, the other things, compiled, certainly point to something going on.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
First of all, welcome to YGS.
I was initially going to say they just want you to know that they're there until I read about the wound. I am going to ask because I just want to be sure. Were there any animals inside or could a wild animal have gotten inside in any way? Since you said it was half the size of a tennis ball, it makes me wonder if this could also have been a spider bite or another small critter.
Your friend having wicked nightmares and sensing ghosts, is she a medium/psychic of some kind?
Have you tried getting any evidence? Do you have a picture of his bite for example?
This could become really serious if it spurts into a poltergeist, which I believe it could be if it isn't already one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: