You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Behind The Church

Real Ghost Stories

Behind The Church

 

I've been studying in this private Catholic school for almost 11 years now. This school is really old in fact. It's been around since the 1700's and in Philippine history, that was the time when the Spaniards were at large in the Philippines. To give you a brief history, the Spaniards based their government on the church and they belittled the Filipinos. So a lot of chaotic, and sometimes bloody, stuff happened to Filipinos on some churches.

Our school has this church built in the 1700's. Our school used to be a convent during the Spanish times and a lot of paranormal activities today are being witnessed today not only by the students, but some staff as well. But most would say that the most haunted part of our school is the girl's restroom behind the church. A lot of people say that a headless priest or a creepy nun roams the area since that area was where the convent used to stand. If you entered the girl's restroom, you'd get an eerie and uneasy feeling so a lot of students don't really use that restroom.

So my experience happened at that restroom 3 years ago. I was about 12 years old back then. Me and my friends were sitting at a bench not too far from that restroom. My best friend, let's call her Jaymie, asked me to accompany her in the restroom because she will just fix her hair. At first, I didn't want to go there because I've already heard a lot of ghost stories that happened there but Jaymie told me, "You believe in that nonsense?" so I decided to agree. Jaymie is the type of person that would have to see or experience something to believe it.

We entered the restroom. As any typical haunted restroom, the lightbulb doesn't really shine bright, there is an abandoned leaky faucet and there is a mirror with a few black stains on it. We stood in front of that mirror while she combed and tied her hair. I could see all 4 cubicle doors were open so obviously, we were the only ones there. I suddenly heard footsteps. The footsteps sounded like it was from the marble tile floors of the restroom. It couldn't have come from outside since the outside had rough sandstone tiles. I looked at Jaymie, she seemed like she didn't hear anything so I just ignored the sound.

After a while, I heard what sounded like a bunch of keys jiggling. Again, I looked at Jaymie, she didn't seem bothered so I assumed it was all in my head.

Suddenly I heard the toilet at the last cubicle flush. My eyes grew wide. I whispered to Jaymie, "Jaymie, I swear I keep hearing things." Jaymie suddenly ran out the restroom leaving me in front of the mirror. I was so paralyzed and scared, I just stood there. From the mirror, I saw the cubicle door behind me move. NOBODY WAS THERE. I was literally the only human being in that restroom. I ran out and followed Jaymie. When I saw her by the bench where our friends were. I told her, "Why did you leave me there?!" She said, "I heard everything. There is a ghost there."

So that's the end of my story. Almost every building in our school has its own ghost story and I've had different experiences as well. But this was the one that really stuck to me. I hope you enjoyed reading my story:)

Other hauntings by raphaelam9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, raphaelam9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

momoisapanda (7 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-04-04)
Some friend you have... Leaving you alone, whereas before, she acts like the brave one. -_-
raphaelam9 (2 stories) (1 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Hello ifihadyoux 😁 yeah I guess scenarios like these are pretty common right now so stories tend to get very similar. I've also read other stories similar to mine but this was based on my own experience in our haunted bathroom in our haunted school 😁
Bliss006 (6 stories) (49 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-15)
Nice friend you have there, but on a serious note I can imagine how you must have felt, as I used to never use our school restroom as I had a creepy feeling that it was haunted.
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
I am pretty sure I have also read a couple stories similar to this... The most recent one being a girls bathroom on the second floor, or something along those lines.

This would scare the bajeezus out of me at 12. If it makes you feel any better, maybe it was just bad piping, and wind-suction from your friend opening the door on her way out that caused the stall door to move. Creepy either way for sure though.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Eh, you're not crazy, ifi. Don't worry over the negative karma points. I'm 99% sure all the mods have gotten them at one time or another for simply doing their job. You can't allow it to silence you. Haters are going to be haters. They only win if you allow it - by not commenting.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Thank you valk; nice to know I am not going crazy 😉 wordswordswords
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
You know, I had the same feeling as ifi that I've read this story, or one very similar, before.
It seems to me that there's some unwritten rule or something that all old schools must have at least one 'haunted' bathroom, and a residing ghost on the property. I'm not sure why that is, but it seems to hold across the globe as true. I can't understand why a spirit would choose to haunt a bathroom, though...
I will say this on your experience though, raphaelam9, shame on your friend for bolting without you! Shame, shame, shame!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Yes, Sam, I remember and we need to get this story back on track. That's directed at everyone, not just you 😊
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Miracles, I remeber a huge deletion of comments not to long ago, it was around the time I posted that unessessary long comment, I'm sure you remember.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
ifi - actually I kind of thought you might just be busy. Life has a way of making that choice for us sometimes. And I thought you weren't paying attention to the karma points 😉 😆

I don't know what mass deletion of stories comment you are referring to but I'm wondering if it was a deletion of comments, not stories, that BJJ was talking about 😕
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
You guys ever notice on his profile he says he's socially awkward? Well uh, maybe this is an example; him using another story to socialize with people he doesn't know. Just my theory.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
BJJ had said something about deleting several stories a while ago. And thanks to whoever gave me a down vote for trying to do my duty. -_-
And you wonder why I don't comment anymore.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Okay, let's return this story to the o/p now 😊 Good grief, sometimes 50 characters is not necessary! Ugh LOL
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
ifi - ummm... I think I'm missing something here 😕 As a rule, unless there is something seriously wrong, stories don't get deleted. I think, in my years here, there have only been one or two and that's because they were duplicates submitted by the same o/p. And I don't recall as mass deletion. Granted I was off the grid for a week or so a few months ago 😕
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I can't remember a mass deletion? I remember admin deleting individual stories once a blue moon, but mass deletion just isn't ringing a bell.
Ah well, my memory can be swiss cheese at times.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I am assuming the old story was deleted when we did a mass deletion because I have checked a long way back and cannot find it.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I don't remember the title unfortunately. We debunked that other story to be just a legend or even plagiarism though. It's been a while.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
ifi - if this is a plagiarized story from months ago, I am unable to find it. I realize there are many stories that involve haunted (true or not) girl's restrooms, so maybe that's it?

If you can find the other story, let me know so I can contact the administrator 😊
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Do you happen to remember the title? I can't find anything, have copy/pasted several bits into our search engine and nothing came up.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
MODS; Is this the same as another story we had about 2-3 months ago? Almost literally word to word?

The haunted old school, the haunted bathroom, the girls...

I call BS on this one.
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Your story is fantastic! 😊
I would really like to hear from you more. Thanks for sharing! 😜

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: