You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Shed And Its Resident

Real Ghost Stories

The Shed And Its Resident

 

My family and I had moved into a cute yellow house back in 2009. It was quite perfect for our family of seven, except I was living with my grandfather; I visited on weekends and summers. Anyways I was 11. Everything was normal at the time. Nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

It was about a year later that weird things started happening. I noticed that something was off about certain parts of the house. My bedroom, for example, especially freaked me out. It didn't have electricity in it (the house was old and had bad wiring). I had to sleep with the window open to get air flow. I slept one night in that room with my cousin Erin. She was fast asleep but I couldn't sleep at all. Then I felt like I was being watched. Now, our windows were really up off the ground. You'd have to get a ladder to break in. I turned and saw a giant shadow move across the room and out the window. I didn't sleep in that room again.

But that was just the beginning. A few months later, I learned we had a friendly spirit that resided in our living room. The whole family felt safe in that room, and thinking it was the former owner, we named it Mr. Thompson. He would do the usual, opening doors, moving things, appearing at times even. But he wasn't the shadow I saw.

One night, while I was eating and talking on the phone, I noticed a figure in the window. It was tall, slender, and walked in a stooped manner. It was outside and slowly walked across the window and disappeared. I was a little spooked but not concerned.

Now we had a shed outside past the garage. My sisters and I did not feel right about it at all. My youngest sisters were toddlers at the time, and they refused to go near it. They said there was a scary man in it. I remember one time my sister Kristina was going to jump off it in an attempt to break her leg. I, of course, was going to video tape it. She backed out and started to get down but suddenly rushed forward. In the video, you could make out a face and hands behind her. We didn't go near it again.

A few weeks after that, I was in my sisters' room to sleep, and we all were half asleep, when our noise maker went flying across the room. No one touched it. At the time it was thrown, it sounded like someone was growling.

A few months later, before we moved, my sister Kristina and I were lying in our bed wrestling and giggling. I suddenly had the urge to look out the window. Again, our windows are 8 feet off the ground. And what I saw stood taller than the window. It had its hands pressed up against the glass looking in. It had slits for a nose. I couldn't see its eyes. It also had horns spiraling backwards. And it was looking at me. I screamed and Kristina bolted. That's when the knocking began. Whatever it was kept tapping at the glass. We didn't feel safe in our home anymore.

Turns out, some punk satanist teens had held rituals in the shed (I looked up the houses history later on). It was a crime case of breaking and entering. Pictures showed the signs they had painted and such. We moved three months later.

I'm sorry this was long, but I felt the need to share it. I've had numerous experiences before and after this incident, but this one scared me the most. Thanks for reading and God Bless.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NikkiHarris1521, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NikkiHarris1521 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
I don't believe anything made her do it; she simply wanted a cast so that people could sign it. I video taped because I wanted proof of it. It was stupid really, but I'm glad I did. It served as evidence to my father. As far as the new resident in our old home, he told our old neighbors that he was experiencing similar things. Our neighbors daughter is friends with my sister Emily and relayed what the guy was saying. Nobody was harmed thank God, and I will never go near that house again. It used to be a preschool back in the 20s and I failed to mention that my friend Courtney and I had heard kids laughter in the dead of the night. It only happened once which is probably why it slipped my mind. Thank you all for reading, and if you enjoyed reading about this experience then be on the look out for more. Like I said, this isn't my first experience, but none of the others scared me like this one. I intend to research further on the creature. I'll keep y'all updated. Thank you!
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Yes Badjuju, that is exactly the word I was looking, I have trouble sometimes finding the rights, and this is the one.
So nikkiharris, I really meant is it possible that something in the shed or having to do with the shed influenced her to do such a thing?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Sam, I think the word you're looking for is "influenced." 😊
Nikki, I have nothing useful to contribute. I'm glad you guys moved out.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Miracles - yes your exactly right, and it sounds like something the jackass crew would do. But the filming part, I'm not sure about, I mean I got my cousin to film me riding my bike into a wall.

But anyway I don't want to go any further, cause I'm known to do that. Hopefully she can clear things up.

Nikkiharris- I just now thought of it, was something in the shed makeing her act the way, like possibly give her those thoughts of doing that, this isn't exactly what I mean, I'm not sure how to explain this to you I know there's a word/phrase for it but I can't think of it.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Sam - you brought up a question I intended to ask yesterday. Why would someone deliberately try and break their leg? My other question is why would someone else, even if they were children, film it?

I would hope if my son was going to jump off something and try and break his leg, whoever was with him would come running to find me before he jumped 😕
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
First of all, I have to ask why someone would purposely break their leg.
It seems like both inside and outside was haunted, that's just horrible. And whatever that thing was with its hands up against the windows; I don't even want to think about it, I have no clue what that could possible be; unless it's some hybrid of a shadow, serpent (slits for nose), and something with horns.
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Creepy and stunning! Perhaps I would've passed out if i'd happen to see it. But anyways, glad that it didn't harm any members of your families.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: