You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My First Experience - The Only Good One

Real Ghost Stories

My First Experience - The Only Good One

 

Members of Your Ghost Stories,

I found this site about a month ago as I was interested in finding stories and experiences similar to my own and have been reading a few small stories a night. I have really enjoyed the majority of what people have shared on here and decided for the first time ever (excluding friends and family) to post about my experiences.

To those that are interested in my life's progression with the paranormal: I have a lots stories. I have experienced many paranormal things in my life and due to the large amount of them, I plan to break each story up as I can remember them, mostly in chronological order. This is the story of my first experience; unfortunately, it is my only good one.

I was born in a small town called Rocky Mountain House located in Alberta, Canada. My parents were dysfunctional from the very beginning: heavy smokers, alcoholics, and physical abusers. I was the youngest in my family and did not have any full blood siblings; my step-brother was 4 years older than me and my step-sister was 6 years older. None of us got along and, as you could imagine, the kids were often left to fend for themselves.

By the time I turned 5 years old the situation was getting even worse with more physical abuse and even suicide attempts by my mother. Because of this I found myself always around my mother, to act like a protector towards her, in hopes to stop the extreme violence. One of the techniques I found that worked extremely well was pretending to be afraid at night and sleep between them.

After another terrible night I had crawled into bed between them. I was laying on my back and they were both on their sides with their backs facing me. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, in the same position, with a woman in a white gown at the end of the bed just staring at me.

Even though I did not recognize this lady at the young age of 5, I was not frightened at all. I began to poke my mother to wake her up. She grunted at me from her deep alcohol induced sleep, "What is it?" I whispered to her, "There is a woman at the end of the bed!" My mother just pulled the covers over her head and insisted, "The doors are locked no one is there." I looked again at the end of the bed and she was just standing there smiling at me with very peaceful eyes. I poked my mother again, "You have to look! She is still there!" My mother rolled over on her back and said, "Look, there is no one there! Now go to bed!" When I looked back down at the end of the bed she was gone.

I had never seen that woman before and have never seen that woman since. However, within the next week my mother had gained the courage to run away from the abusive situation with me and my step brother (my sister stayed with my dad as she was biologically his). She stopped drinking, had no more suicide attempts, and even started a business and met someone else (which lasted about 9 years before stuff fell apart). My father also stopped drinking, became a manager of a big oil company, and also found someone else who he is still with to this day.

I am unsure who or what that lady was: angel, spirit, ghost of a family member? But there are 2 things I know for sure: first, I'm convinced it saved each member of my family's life. Second, it opened me up to a world of demonic and frightful things ever since.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing my other stories in the future.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PsychStudent, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
Hi there! It's nice to read stories such as yours on this site and congratulations on your renewed life. Sometimes spirits can be your silver lining.
Take care!;)
selkay (6 stories) (40 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Sorry you had to get through that, I do believe she's either a spirit guide or maybe an angel? Anyhow wish everything is going well for you now.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I'm sorry you had to go through that as a child, but with each wave, we just get stronger, and we also gain from every experience, good or bad. I think you were right to believe she was a spirit guide or a family member. It's true I have learned that once you have seen something paranormal, you are likely to experience more. That is because your third eye has been opened (you can research on that if you want). Everyone has the ability. For some, it has been activated naturally, and for others they can too, through practice/meditation. I believe we all have 1 or 2 spirit guides that is always with us. If you want to connect with them, I would research on "meditation to connect with spirit guide". I have read it has changed many people's lives for the better. I hope you are living a fulfilled life now and it always blessed. ❤
SILENCEDxHELL (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
My father has had a similar experience to this. He didn't have abusive parents but he had a hard life. When things were the worst, he seemed to think someone was watching out for him. I have seen and heard a young girl (or what looks and sounds like one), that seems to stay near my dad. I have told him about it, he claims I was just like my sister, talking about "it". He doesn't like to talk about it, but this story just reminded me of that.
Gamedog (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
First off welcome to the website.

Second, this was a very good story that shows that even though we are in bad times there is always someone watching over us.

Again thank you for this story and have a nice day.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: