You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Oldest Pioneer Farm In Utah?

Real Ghost Stories

Oldest Pioneer Farm In Utah?

 

So, thank you YGS for publishing my other story, even though it was my wife who wrote it for me under twisterwatcher7. You see folks, I'm a rare survivor of childhood leukemia. So, please hang in there as I have violent shakes, but I realized I better write my own accounts.

As a small child I was sick a lot and the doctors always diagnosed me with double pneumonia or something not related to a blood disease! This is background info that may help out later. Please understand that I have to give the beginning of my mysterious, and paranormal, life.

OK, the year was 1975. I was 5 years old. Fresh out of living in an oxygen tent for nine months. So, I was reunited with my mom, dad, and 5 siblings. My mom was an inspirational writer, who didn't make a lot of money or become accomplished until after her murder in '99. Bless her soul. My father was an up and coming guitarist, one of the best in the world but too addicted to militant alcoholic jealousy to make it big. He was my mom's murderer.

Anyway, we were a family back then and we moved into the oldest possible pioneer home in Utah? I'm a newbie, so please be patient if I'm taking a while to get to the meat of my stories. You'll need this background.

So, in 1975 the 8 of us moved into the oldest pioneer home in Utah! Our landlord was a Utah state representative. He rented the 1862 Victorian to my parents for $100 a month and the agreement we'd care for the animals and do the farm work. The home was a beautiful red brick, 2 story, 5 bedroom Victorian.

When we first moved in there were 2 very strange things. 1. A sealed off room upstairs! You could see the wagon wheel window on the 2nd floor but you couldn't access the room upstairs! And 2. The Indian trapdoor halfway up an L shaped stairway! The landlord told my parents that if anyone ever cut the wall open to the wagon wheel sealed off room he'd kick us out! That led to a great curiosity that added to our Waltons Meet Poltergeists experiences!

The first day we lived in the old pioneer home everyone chose our rooms and had to clean the rustic abandoned house. My father and two older brothers took 7 loads of trash to the dumps. Apparently the former tenants let their cows, chickens, and rabbits live in the house with them! My mom said it was a pig stye! "We may be poor, but we ain't filthy!" she used to say.

Well, I'm the youngest of 6 so I helped, but having been couped up in a sterile oxygen environment I was ready for some real adventure! The old farm sat on 100 acres, with horses, 1000 head of cattle, its own pond, a huge old pond, a hay barn, 1920s garage and outbuildings galore!

Okay, so after our family settled in us kids began journeying further and further into hidden places in the house and out into the property. I know this is getting long. I really wanted to paint the picture for you great peeps!

Me and my first older brother who was 6 went into the old dirt cellar one scalding hot day. The house was well built upon a foundation of granite boulders and copper rock. So, it was nice and cool in there. Well, here we go.

We went into the old cellar, down 13 rock stairs into a 25 foot wide by about 30 foot long solid darkness. I was very willing to do the craziest things because of my hospital life. My brother says, "Hey, Trev, look. There's a hole in the wall above that old cabinet! Wait here... I'll go get dad's flashlight." Moments later he reappeared. We could see more down there and there was a strange cool wind blowing out that hole under the front room. My brother got up and looked through a second. He said, "Crud, I can't fit! But there might be pirate treasure back there!" His way of exciting me enough to go in since I was very small and could fit. He gave me the torch and I crawled over the cabinet and into the hole. "What's back there?" He inquired. I set out to search.

I need to tell you I was a fearless adventurer out of the hospital. At first I saw that I was in another large 25 by 30 room with dirt for a floor. I looked up about 7 feet and saw the floor joists and pipes going in all directions. Then, I saw it... Through the ambient yellow light... A well. With a rock ring and uncovered! At this point I could only here my brother in a muffled tone.

I was scared but I knew my brother was out there... If I only knew! My brother Kent had a very short attention span and he thought it was funny to leave me there alone! I stood near the edge of the well, the torch began to diminish, and I got up on the ring, lost my footing and fell 30 or so feet into the well! I bounced off the wall a couple times, and of course lost the flashlight. I splashed into the water totally unconscious!

When I came to I saw these 2 green people! One was older and he told me his name was Mr. Kendall. I was conscious but horrified! The water was freezing! And I yelled but my brother was gone! The other green man said his name was Kimbal Kendal, Jr. Next thing I knew I was being levitated out of the well. The older one carried me screaming and crying bloody murder! Then, I felt a boost and I grabbed the rock wall that led out to the outer cellar and fell onto the cabinet.

I looked and saw their faces in the other cellar! Then, the flashlight floated right into my scrawny grasp! The light came on and the spirit of old Kimbal Kendall said, "Tell ' em it's begun!"

I flew out of there faster than a diving falcon! That's when my life seriously took a strange turn... More to come.

If I can figure out how to download pics from my cell phone, I have some surviving photos of that spooky, haunted old pioneer home for you! Sorry so long... But I wanted to get you all up to speed. Good haunts brothers and sisters of YGS!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mysticalavenger5, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

RebelRaider (4 stories) (15 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-18)
Red Wolf- By "Indian Trap Door" I think the OP means a hidden room or hidden space that the home owners would hide in if some Native Americans would raid the house.

OP- Great Story! Really looking forward to another one.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
mysticalavenger5,
You say that you were a sickly child yet your older siblings abused you fairly regularly. What kind of parents did you have that allowed this?
One thing that really bothers me. It also kind of discredits your story. You lived in the oldest possible pioneer home in Utah? What you describe is more of a ranch home. A pioneer home was a one story building built with any resource around such as a log cabin with a dining/kitchen/multipurpose room with a bedroom with a flimsy door or just a curtain covering the doorway or everyone just slept in the multipurpose because a pioneer house wasn't very large and had either a wood or dirt floor. It wasn't a 5 bedroom house with a basement although it MIGHT have a root cellar. They also had out houses as bathrooms. An 1862 Victorian house is NOT the oldest possible pioneer home.
Another thing that bothers me was it had horses and 1000 head of Cattle on 100 acres of land, what were they packed in a pen like sardines? No chickens or pigs? Your parents paid $100 a month rent as long as they fed and cared for the animals? Even in 1975 feed for that many animals would cost a fortune.
I'm sorry but this house being the "oldest possible pioneer house" in Utah doesn't ring true to me. Also what in the heck is an Indian trap door?
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Ok,

My question about calling a flashlight a torch was answered... However I do not understand why you switched between the two words... Putting that aside I ask this...

What did your Mother not beleive... The fact you fell into a well under the house (you state it was because you were dry) or did she not believe how you 'got out'? I mean you fell 30 feet into this well... You openly state you bounced off the walls... I suggest this... Either you were dry because you created a story to explain why you were under the house/you were looking for attention OR you actually fell into the well but because of 'head trama' you remember the rescuse WAY differently than the way it really happened. I will admit you experienced something... But I do question how paranormal it may have been.

Respectfully,

Rook
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Mysticalavenger5, thank you for sharing your Experiance. In my opinion, this is your best one yet. It must've been real scary when those things said "tell em it's began."
I fell sorry for what you had to go through as a child, hope life is treating you better now. 😁
pearlferns87 (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
thank you for sharing your story... Would like to read more...
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
Well, for goodness sake get back to the keyboard and let us hear some of the subsequent stories. I enjoyed this one.
Pebbles_Keeper (1 stories) (35 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
Wow what a story!
It interests me because I live in an early Edwardian house (1904) in the U.K. There were cottages here before that.
There is a three room cellar but it doesn't extend under the kitchen or dining room. However if you look under the dining room floorboards there is a further room and a hole beyond that. It has rubble from the building of this house and foundations for the previous building. I haven't had the guts to go down for a proper look. One day I will. I also have strange dreams about this concealed room.
I look forward to your other stories.
Best wishes 😊 😊
mysticalavenger5 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Thank you sooo much by the way winipoo4! After being summarily critiqued its nice to know there's positive energy out there for my stories!
mysticalavenger5 (1 stories) (11 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Valkicry and winipoo4. Hi. Valkicry, to answer you, I wasn't wet any longer. And I was raised with wild siblings! I got abused fairly regularly by my older bros being the youngest and I was so haphazard! About Kendall... I plan to write more accounts from my chronologies but it was after this that I and my whole family encountered harassing demons and familiars! In a later post I'll tell the incredible tale of when the weber state university paranormal society came to our house in 78 and got the energies really going!
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
I'm curious, if your mom didn't believe that you fell down a well, how did she explain you being soaking wet and bruised? Did your brother not back up your story about the hole in the wall?
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Hello:
What a GREAT story! I truly enjoy a long, well told account of an extraordinary experience and look forward to more from you. I want to know what Mr. Kendall meant by "it's begun"; since I'm fairly certain you have now put it all together with other experiences. PLEASE do tell!
Kind Regards,
Lynev
mysticalavenger5 (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
I'm on a cell phone just so you know. Notjust me, I forgot, I told this to mama but she said I made it up. Being the youngest of 6 when it happened to me it " didn't happen." Or " he's a sick little boy" but when it happened to my elders or siblings " it really happened!" I will post more in the epoch of the mystical adventurer. I hope that was good enough? Also, of course I have an imagination... Who doesn't? But all I tell was and is true... Very true!
mysticalavenger5 (1 stories) (11 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Hey folks! Thank you sooo much for publishing my stories! To answer the many questions! I used the term torch because my great grams stoker was direct descendence of england and inspired my young dialecT... L.o.l.! OK, the house in this story was in kaysville Utah. The other story was 5 years later in a house in Willard Utah. Now, as to my childhood... I sincerely survived so many things. I got struck by lightning at 3, was drown and brought back and many other ridiculously hard to believe things. My grandfather on one side was Cherokee and my grandmother on the other was a winnebego Sioux. I tell you because we were raised with a broad spectrum of spiritual beliefs. The ghost or demon Mr Kimball Kendall said his name to me! And " tell em its begun" I believe has to do with the proceeding events as we lived there from 75- early 1980. And if you wonder if it seems scripted, well, not knowing when I'm going to die I thought I'd get these amazing events in writing. I was told in 2011 I had 6 months... But my whole life I have seen and heard ethereally paranormal things! My whole family experienced the hauntings. Yes, I know its fantastical but its true! I'd pit our battles against poltergeist any day! I can't tell you how I didn't break my neck on the fall down the well! Or how I got out! Except whati told you, mr kendall carried me out! I had scrapes and bruises head to toe but faired fine... My grandmother used to say " that boy has a legion of angels looking over him. And lastly I mean there was a hole in the rock foundation leading over to the other cellar! I saw the 2 ghouls faces! Plain as day... They looked very real, and were an off mystical foggy green! Again thank you all. I hope I answered your questions? Your all good people! I'm good at guessing intent as I do have a soul phone to the big man.;)
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Crap, just realized I made a mistake on one of my questions LOL.

Okay, here is what I really wanted to ask, "How badly were you hurt when you fell in the well? A 30' fall for a 5 year old could be devastating. Especially one in poor health and just out of the hospital." Well, not cellar 😉

Just evidence that proofing is necessary 😆
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I very much look forward to seeing your reply and other stories. I have many of the same questions as well.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Rook - that was one of my other questions 😆 Thanks for putting it out here. Curious, curious indeed 😉
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
Basics...Miracles said it best, basics... I will start with this basic question...

1975 and 5 years old, living in Utah... Who in your family in your 'short' life, up to that point in time, referred to a flashlight as a 'torch'. That slang is very UK... So I guess my basic question is this...

Why does an someone from the American 'Mid-West' refer to a flashlight as a 'torch'? I have other questions to be sure... But that is my basic one.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+6
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
mysticalavenger - I'm going to put my questions out here so maybe you can straighten out a few before the rioting begins.

Is this the same home in Utah as your first story submitted under twistedwatcher's name?

How did you know Mr. Kimbal's first name was Kendal?

What did you mean by seeing their faces in the other cellar?

How badly were you hurt when you fell in the cellar? A 30' fall for a 5 year old could be devastating. Especially one in poor health and just out of the hospital.

I don't think those are the only questions I have, but our other members may mention them so I'll let this be for now.

I understand taking literary license when telling a story; however, sometimes basic details are all that is needed. Embellishments tend to lead to disbelief.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I find this quite interesting and I am very curious. If you can continue what you have started. Do you know what does it mean when they said "Tell ' em it's begun!".? Thanks in advance.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
I was so distracted with the hype I forgot my questions. Did you ever tell your family what you saw? And what did they say? Also I hope you at least bit your brother for leaving you in a hole!
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-11)
whao hohoho! That is some story! I'm glad you decided to write your own accounts, and welcome to YGS. I am excited to hear more. I am quite open minded so I look forward to the photos and hearing more of your adventures. I have heard on many occasions of people who went near death, do come back with a open portal to the paranormal because you are/were one step closer to the other side. Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: