You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Jack's Weekly Routine

Real Ghost Stories

Jack's Weekly Routine

 

My mother has held a job at a local Conroy's Flower shop for many years. Over the years she's met and befriended many interesting people but none like her friend Jack. Jack was a Pearl Harbor survivor and a WWII Veteran. He was an older gentleman, 94 years of age but still driving!

He stopped by the shop weekly to buy roses for his deceased wife. While there he would talk to my mom and invite her to the Lyon Air Museum where he volunteered. He would joke around a lot and would even get angry if my mom bailed on a visit. His weekly routine continued until one week in December of 2014, he didn't show up. Instead, his daughter came in and broke the news of his passing. My mother of course, was pretty devastated by it. She came home crying that day. Today for no reason I looked him up online and found his oral history. Today she told me the following.

It's now been about 3 months. Yesterday while at work, she went out the back to throw something out into the dumpster. There, she noticed Jack's car parked in front of the dumpster. She didn't think much of it and thought it was either his son or daughter continuing the routine of buying flowers. She hurried back inside to get them their flowers but saw no one. She asked her coworker if one of his kids had come by. She said no one had come in at all. She shrugged it off and picked up another box of trash and went back out. The car was still there, but there was someone inside this time around. By then she felt uneasy as the figure had the same build as Jack. She hurried back in but it didn't take even a minute before she ran back out, but the car was gone. Completely vanished.

Now, at first I thought she was bluffing, but the look on her face as she told me this completely got me. It wasn't fear, but it wasn't, normal, for a lack of a better word. I kept on reading the article to her, and she just kept shaking her head before she said "I know it was him. I just know it. He hasn't left."

I, however, do not understand how he couldn't go to the other side. Is it his residual energy? Will he keep showing up like this? Both my mother and I are very spooked, but she's actually looking forward to perhaps seeing him again next week.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZayraMG, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
Wow, first of all I have to say that I'm impressed that a 94 year old could still drive, I didn't think that was possible. But I'm not quite getting the end though because there's not much that happened are you sure that the car didn't just quickly drive away?
iambec (9 stories) (30 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-16)
I admit that I would be a bit scared if I was in your mom's situation. But, another way to think of it is- maybe it really was a farewell, and your mom seeing him was his way of letting her know that she played an important part in his life. He enjoyed her company and just wanted to enjoy it a little while longer. 😊
Khizie (4 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-14)
it could be a residual. Just like a memory of an event on a loop.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
My belief is when a person did something repetitively for a long period of time, even in the afterlife they could continue this for a while. I wouldn't worry if I were you, he will move on when he's ready. Thanks for sharing.
Agnet201195 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-13)
Maybe he came just to see your mum for a last time? That's why he showed up like this. For a last farewell I guess!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: