You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Scariest Night of my Life

Real Ghost Stories

Scariest Night of my Life

 

It was October 12, 2007 around 9:30 pm and I was on the computer. I was alone in the house (except for the cats) and was getting ready to watch a movie when all of the sudden one of my cats started hissing and scratching violently at the corner of the room that was completely empty. His hair was straight up and his ears were folded over.

After a couple minutes of me standing there staring blankly at him it started to get really cold and the hair on the back of my neck and arms started to stand up. I could literally see my breath. I went to turn the thermostat up and every thing went silent, even my cat. It was getting pretty creepy sitting there in complete silence, until I started hearing these scratching noises. For a second I thought it was my cat again but he was sitting calmly right next to me.

I started to get the chills again and all of the sudden, like out of nowhere I see my tape dispenser fly off my desk and slam into the wall. It hit so hard that it made a very loud thud and left a hole in the wall. I mean what do you do when this kind of stuff happens? Do you just try to leave the house or do you wait for something else to happen? Seriously? I was totally freaked out and that's when my cat started up again, hissing and growling at the corner.

I didn't know what to do so I just went to (more like ran faster than I ever have) to my Aunt's house down the street and stayed there for the night. It's like whenever I tell this story I get the chills and scare myself.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Eric, has the following expectation about your feedback: I won't be reading the comments.

spica (2 stories) (55 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-04-30)
It's just okay that you would run away like that... But if I were you, I would probably see what's going next after that... 😕 But if I ran away, I will make myself scared that my other relatives will tease me... So, pray and go to church always! Well, Have a nice day and GOD BLESS! 😊 😁
NELLY13 (6 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
kia ora, your real brave! Cause if I were you I would wait until something else happened because when I get scared I don't won't to move and I alwys think ahead like if I got up and ran I would think that something might chase me! But anywayz your real brave thanks for sharing your storie!

Nelly ❤ 😁
supernaturalguy3710 (17 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
it sounds a lot like a poltergeist. There were reports of objects flying around the room with weird noises. I can't say how you got it from your stories, but if there wern't any episodes before, but if there were someone might have died in that house.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
wow that's creepy.

my fiances cat will do stuff like that sometimes. That's when I start praying lol

thanks
and god bless
bigred101 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-21)
alright obviously there is a spirit/ghost in your house tormenting you. Your best bet would be for a priest to come in your house and bless it with holy water. Thats what I'd do.
ghostlovr (2 stories) (54 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-10)
I think that is a really weird story and kind of like one that I was trying to tell about my brother was sleeping and his medle iron that was in are cubby hole flew across his room. And know we have his room and I hear all kinds of things. When I'm home alone and scared I usally call one of my friends that's what I do
Josephine (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
I'm a little bit confused... Why do we write this stuff anyway... Maybe you, Eric, really don't read our comments...

But you do...
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
If the ridgepole were any more narrow...
I do not know, Eric, why you decided to type out this story. Was it so you could tell the gang you got a short story copyrighted on the Internet? A dare? See how many people you could convince? Was there a bet involved?
See, by taking the stand of "I won't be reading the comments" you have opened yourself up to a lot of ridicule. You may be sitting at home "secretly" monitoring the comments, taking notes, trying to right a wrong.
Or, you may be sitting in a computer room somewhere with five to seven guys hanging over your shoulder to check out what has been said, for whatever nefarious reason you all may think you have.
How are we to know? Why waste your and all of our times?

Oh yeah. Could you at least please let us know which side won and how much?
Josephine (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
I read this story with interest, but there's something strange about all this. Actually, I believe you, Eric, but really... Did it happened for real? I've seen something like you have written, but...o.k.
Peace...
Sabrina12993 (2 stories) (56 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
My cats do that same exact thing only they do it by my basement door... At first I didn't know why... But now it all makes sense because in my basement the old man that lived there before like in the 1930s he tortured young teenage girls in my basement... And I think his spirit lives on still in my house... But he mostly lurks in my basement... Now I'm terrified to go in my basement... Ever since I found out about that man I never set foot in my basement again! 😢
Annie (202 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-21)
I agree. Why bother posting a story, asking for helpful information, then not wanting to read any comments? Hiss, hiss.
Abercrombie (2 stories) (45 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2007-10-21)
Here goes the witch again... Anyways, she thinks she's an expert cause she's pagan. Ouija, I tihkn she meant. And it could be a poltergeist, Eric. You know, scarlett, the ones who break and throw things? Yeah. And animals have a really awesome sixth sense, and most of them can sense spirits and such. Good luck!
scarlettwitch (2 stories) (20 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-21)
I'm on the fence with this one, in one case it sounds a little bit TOO much like a hollywood movie, yet at the same time (although not heard about very often) there have been episodes where ghosts go a little haywire, what I don't understand is... If this is true... Why is this ghost angry with you... Were there any deaths in the house... Have you been messing with the quija... Where did it come from?
skeptical81 (2 stories) (28 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
hmmm must have missed something here...lol
well anyhow I'd have run out the house too! Scary stuff
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Okay, I have read the story and the commetts. In the story it asks, 'what should you do'. Why ask that if you do not intend to participate or at least read the commetts.

I must agree, I feel a bit on the skeptical side of this story.

God Bless!
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
i can say I'm with you guys, why sumit a story and not read the comments on it they are pretty helpful.
Rosemary (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
I will first of all say I believe your story and I also assume someone in the spirit world is not pleased with some things you are doing in your life and they are trying to get your attention and tell you this.
I also believe I may be right in assuming you are young?
As I say that I will say that sometimes young people do things behind the scenes that are not nice and they think no one knows about this but I assure you this is not true and someone in your life either a deceased relative or a Guide who is watching over you is sending you a message to take a good look at some of the things you may be doing behind the scenes that you believe no one knows about and if what I am suggesting is true then you need to take action to correct these things and then send some mental words to those in the spirit world and tell them you believe you got their message and I believe if what I am suggesting is true then I don't think you will be having anymore scary episodes.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Skeptical side riding high on this one Martin? I believe I am with you on this one. Why would you not want to read the comments on a story you submitted? Unless it is a complete fabrication.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Just for the record, I think someone who truly experienced these events would actually want to read the comments 🤔 but oh well, I let it go anyway.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: