You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Willing To Try Something New

Real Ghost Stories

Willing To Try Something New

 

First things first, we bought our house and we love it. However, I think I've had enough of the small occurrences that keep continuing. The energy within our home overall feels tense, and I know things like buying a home or other daily things can produce stress, but this is different. We haven't done any work to the house, other than for a painting makeover in one room, just in case that comes up.

Among the kinds of things that were happening before, I'll add just a few others. One night while curling up with a novel in bed there was gentle knock on my bedroom door, and then it slowly swung open. As usual, my first instinct was that it had been the cat, and that she had nudged the door opened with her head, but nope- of course, I'd forgotten that she was curled up behind me. Also, alone in the house at the time.

Besides this, lately I've been noticing the cliché strange movements out of the corner of my eye, or within the room in front of me. Sometimes a white flash, or a shadowy one. Our new home also makes a lot of noises, and a lot of it is perfectly normal, nothing to worry about. But it's times like tonight when I admittedly already feel on edge, and then not-so-typical noises start happening. Like the sound of plastic crumpling, similar to a grocery bag. It would be more normal if it came from a source like the kitchen perhaps, but it always "floats" in places that make no sense whatsoever.

So... None of this frightens me, but am getting annoyed. I've read up on smudging, know where I can buy it locally, and am willing to give it a try. It would be comforting to read what experiences others have had with this (though probably by the time this is published I will have already given it a go). If anyone would like, I can give an update in the comments once I've tried it.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by 22aya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, 22aya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

22aya (10 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-06)
Grrr...! You guys must be busy. The last time I wanted to post something I think the submission page was closed then too. Have written the post in another document and saved. I'll wait until it's my turn, haha 😉
22aya (10 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
(oh yeah) Wish-Not, if you'd like to read the submissions relavant to this one, read everything 2014 and up.
22aya (10 stories) (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Finally checking in.

Thanks Wish-Not for the welcome, it was sweet. And thanks Miracles for clearing that up.

Adding an extra bit of info, since I forgot to write it down originally.

Hubs has seen the screen door open in front of him, without assistance, on a few occasions. I've only experienced this once, but it wasn't happening right in front of me. I set our daughter down for bed in her crib, and when I walked out into the living room the screen door was open by half a foot (checked the house for intruders). Would like to jot down here that the screen door is really super difficult to open as is, and it's something we've been meaning to replace. So the fact that it's been opening by itself without assistance is weird. *sigh*
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Miracles- Thanks for the info. I'll venture over and check them out today sometime.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Good morning, Wish-Not - just a head's up 😉. 22aya (formerly known as aya22) has been submitting her experiences for quite awhile now. I think she's even keeping a journal, or had intended to if memory serves me correctly.

Anyway, if you have time and haven't read her stories, they'll give a bit more background on the title of her story 😊
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-17)
22aya- Let me be the first to welcome you to YGS. Moving into a new home does have it's own stress factors as you said. It does take time to "learn" your new home sounds and how they will change with such factors as weather and such.

I would suggest start a journal of the activities and provide as much information that includes; date, time, weather conditions, your personal mood, overall mood of household. By doing this you might be able to see certain patterns of the activities. Some might not be paranormal, some might be.

Just a suggestion, keep us updated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: