You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Demon Or Spirit Has Been With Me My Whole Life?

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon Or Spirit Has Been With Me My Whole Life?

 

I'm currently 24 years old but since I can remember I have always had bad luck and strange things happening to me. I would just like to say my mother told me she had to get a priest to bless her because of a incident with a Ouija board when she was younger. Maybe this thing she conjured has latched onto me somehow? I also just learnt she is seeing this same figure as me.

Anyways I'd like to start with my childhood. I was raised in a violent and abusive environment, which included a lot of trauma on my behalf. My father and best friend committed suicide when I was very young. I believe this thing disguised itself as my father once and showed itself to me also. I do believe these demons or whatever are attracted to broken people and the such... So I have read.

When I was around 12 or so I was very much into occult things and had a lot of the occult symbols all over my room and I practiced a few rituals stupidly enough. One night I was awoke by a dark shadow figure standing at the bottom of my bed and it was trying to pull away my blanket. I couldn't do anything about it, I felt completely powerless to it. This has been happening to me ever since. It has appeared as a couple and it has appeared just at my door reaching around from behind it opening it slowly. I also heard unexplainable scratching in my built in wardrobe. When I checked there was scratch marks all over the inside of the door, like claw marks or fingernails and they were deep.

Ever since that night I have struggled with addictions and a voice in my head that takes over sometimes urging me to do bad things. It has been really bad these past few weeks. I have become on and off depressed also.

This figure has never left. Every so often it will appear again over the years here and there but not until around this time last year. I had a bad breakup with my partner of 8 years, I got depressed again and got into the occult once more, I stupidly was present when someone summoned a demon and during this I was in an extremely bad place. Then all of sudden this same shadow I seen when I was younger would appear every single night.

I was sleeping on the sofa for a good month and it would appear over the top of me on the wall, it would appear on the walls opposite me, even when I got to lie down on the bed it would still be there standing over me. The feeling that someone was there was really immense I would stay up all night. The strange noises would come back and electrical appliances would turn off and on. They wouldn't even be plugged in, I couldn't explain it whatsoever.

Ever since this I've had lots of bad luck, ie I've lost nearly every job I've had due to circumstances I can't control leading to financial issues. I've been extremely depressed and even have had suicidal thoughts which have been very prominent this past while. I've lost loved ones, my addictions are really bad now. I have gotten injured lots and I have changed from a nice outgoing guy to a very quiet kind of loner type and I've become a very angry person inside. I've had bad thoughts about my sexuality also... And I know that I am straight because I am only attracted to females and always have been.

I've signed myself in for some counseling because whatever this thing it, it is winning and it's making my life unbearable. I do believe it has been with me on and off since I was a child. I just think it makes itself extremely known when I'm at my weakest moments.

I thought I would put this up and see what other people say and think. Thanks for reading I appreciate it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ironman91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PaxDc (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-09)
Hello,

I am most certainly not keen on "paranormal investigations" or newage spirituality, and I would disregard some advice being offered here. I happened upon this website and I thought I should register to tell you that what you are describing is very typical of demonic possession/oppression. Every Diocese in the world has at least one exorcist. What you ought to do is get more information in this area, start by consulting your parish priest (Catholic).

You won't be weeked off into a room all of a sudden to have holy water thrown over you, the process is actually very procedural and depends heavily on having several interviews and psychological assessments prior to the rite of exorcism being conducted.

Don't neglect counselling, but it would be certainly worth your while to look into this.

Darran.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Ghosthacker,

Being sensitive to spirits is NOT a requirment of being a Ghost Hunter.

Being a bit scared is actual healthy for a Ghost Hunter... You may start out jumping at every shadow but as time goes by you will learn to tell the actual shadows from the spirits. Just take your time... The more you learn the more you understand... The more you understand the less scared you will be... The less scared you are the better the investigation will turn out.

I think if you are carful and manage your fear that you will do fine.

Respectfully,

Rook
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
Ghosthacker,

There are many on-line resources that 'claim' to teach individuals how to hunt ghosts... Just type in a search for ghost hunting classes (or courses)...Most of them (I fear) will teach an individual how to do research... How to operate 'ghost hunting equipment' and which ever theories the individual or group providing the course beleives in. All that and you get to pay for it as well.

So let's break it down...Research...either we know how OR we can ask at the Library or Historical Society for free... Once we have done the basic research we can ask different Religions their views of the 'afterlife'. Again this is free. Once we have done this we can conceive our own theories and find an established ghost hunting group to join... Once found we learn how to operate 'ghost hunting equipment'...which 8 out of ten times are night vision cameras and digital voice recorders... Unless the group is well established and has 'extra' equipment (EMF detectors... Digital themometers... Spirit boxes...etc:).

So unless you are looking for a quick and easy way to learn how someone else does things... Save the money... Takes some time and be your own best teacher.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghosthacker (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
[at] rookdygin Also I had no any encounter with ghost. It seems I'm not sensible to spirits or ghosts. And also I'm little coward. Is this possible for me to be a ghost investigator.
ghosthacker (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-13)
[at] rookdygin thank you for the answer. This info is very useful for me. Is there any course available for it? And Thank you very much for your concern I will definatly never go alone for any investigation. Sorry for my English. Regards
Ghosthacker
A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
Ironman,
Everything is made up of millions of subatomic particles that vibrate at different frequencies, which is governed by the law of vibration. You sound like you have low vibration frequency, and you normally attract "beings" from the same vibration frequency. People with Low vibration frequency usually are people who get angry, stressed, are in pain etc. High vibration is kindness, calm, happy etc. You attract the what you dish out.
Demons, like many people have stated, are attracted to people with low frequency, feed off and try to keep you in that state. That is what I think the "Demon" is doing.

But never fear, you can always change frequencies (with a bit of work 😉) You can go to a Councillor to help with the addiction, but I think a healer should help you to open up your chakras so you can be more open to receive a different kind of frequency.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
ghosthacker,

Well met and thank you for asking.

The best place to start is with research... Find books or go on the internet and find articals concerning Haunted Places in your area, look up different theories concerning Ghosts, Spirits, Entities and other Paranormal beings. You will find many, MANY different theories... Compare them, see what 'ideas' overlap (are held in common) from each point of view, these common points tend to be a soild base to start your own point of view from (hope that makes sense). Begin with LOCAL folklore, spirits, ghosts and the like... Then from their compare them to folklore and 'stories' from other parts of the world.

ASK QUESTIONS... If you are religious go speak with a Priest (or other clergy) and ask about their views concerning the Paranormal. Look for an established Paranormal Investigation Group near you and see if they need help. You can also ask questions here. Find a recent experience, or even an older one, on a topic or type of spirit that intrests you and post a question about it (Please do some research on your own, it helps to avoid confusion). There are many experienced memebers here at YGS that are more than willing to answer questions.

DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT 'go it alone. Research is one thing but never, NEVER, go on an investigation ALONE.

Well, that pretty much covers the basics. Thank you for asking and I wish you much luck on your quest for knowledge.

Respectfully,

Rook
ghosthacker (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
[at] rookdygin Hi,I'm 18 year old girl from India and want to be a paranormal researcher. Can you help me or what can I do to be the paranormal researcher.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
One more thing, and this is just the Grammar Nazi in me, but there is no such word as "conversate". It's "converse". When you converse with someone, you're having a conversation.

😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-12)
GenesiiParson: One of the best things about this site is the diversity of the membership. We enjoy, and most times, embrace our differences. We love learning from different religions, faiths and belief systems. We do NOT, however, take kindly to those who choose to portray their beliefs as the only answer to problematic spirits and/or hauntings. Please read and follow the Comments Guidelines by clicking the link at the bottom of the page, this in particular:

"This site offers discussions on the topic of ghost experiences, with people coming from various cultures, so please avoid proselytizing or preaching, unless the author of a story specifically asks to receive feedback from that religious perspective. This site is not about religious beliefs, it is about actual personal paranormal experiences and exploring reality with an open and investigative mind so we can actually learn more about the paranormal, with the same empirical mind set that made science so successful in other fields. Religions have a lot of wisdom to offer in terms of personal spirituality, but they can also limit our knowledge of the world with old superstitions and unproven dogmas. It's fine to share what your religion has to offer as a possible explanation, but everyone has their own, they certainly don't come here to be converted, so please, don't push it on others as irrefutable fact."

You'll only receive one warning. After that your comments will be deleted until such time as you choose to follow the guidelines. Thank you.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Genesii,

Respect to you and a question... Or two... Maybe even three... Lets start with this statment...

" Don't conversate with this demon and don't look it in the eye until you are strong enough."

Just when does an individual KNOW they are strong enough to look a demon in the eye?

You insisit on Scriptures from the King James version of the Holy Bible should be used and go on to say this...

"BUT you must also be aware that what you you say will make the demon angry and could possibly try to manifest itself in different ways (apparition sightings, physical attacks, audio manifestations, etc.). When this happens (and it will) you MUST hold fast to your faith and speak your faith."

What if the individual is not Christian? Maybe they are Hindu... Or Muslim... Maybe even Jewish? Kind of hard for them to hold fast and speak their Faith if they are reading from a book that DOES NOT contain Scriptures and Teachings of their Faith.

I can tell you are very Firm in your Faith and this is a good thing, but please keep in mind that the memebers here come from ALL walks of Life and while suggesting a remedy based on YOUR FAITH is to be expected please keep in mind that it needs to be just that, A SUGGESTION and a END ALL, BE ALL STATEMMENT.

Respectfully,

Rook
GenesiiParson (2 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-11)
Definitely a demon and no it won't make you commit suicide but it CAN AND WILL manipulate your thoughts which affect your actions...
Also, you are right in assuming that this demon has attached itself to you because of your mother's action with the Ouija board. Having a priest "bless" her will have worked but only for a little while...
So! In order to combat this demon, you must MUST get a Bible (King James preferably) and START READING IT! Doesn't matter where you start but since the demon is very present in your home I suggest you start in the New Testament. Flip back and forth everyday between the Old and the New...
Reading Scripture out loud helps, as does praying out loud (and NOT in a whisper, but with a loud voice).
Also - and this is always the hardest part - DON'T BE AFRAID... Demons live off fear and create it at the same time.
Be aware that once you start reading and praying out loud the fear and anger and depression and all that will start to let go of you, little by little.
BUT you must also be aware that what you you say will make the demon angry and could possibly try to manifest itself in different ways (apparition sightings, physical attacks, audio manifestations, etc.). When this happens (and it will) you MUST hold fast to your faith and speak your faith. Don't conversate with this demon and don't look it in the eye until you are strong enough.
ProjectDMT (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Demon, no, it would be trying to get something from you, if a demon was around you for that long, you wouldn't be having mere thoughts. It would end up manipulating your actions. Suicide would've happened by now. Shadow People on the other hand exist in negative vibrations and places where negative vibrations flow. Whether that is nature vs. Nurture is up to you. You're probably more of a night person huh? Take walks during the day time, get sun. Positive things in your life. Leave your home more. If the spirit has bound itself to you, which sounds more then likely. Cleansing yourself is the best option. This thing will forever have an attachment to you as well. Like a chemical addiction you just quit cold turkey. After cleansing yourself, guard your thoughts and shove negative thoughts out. If you are feeling depressed move. Use energy. But not inside your home. You have made your home, your home, if it has made you its home, (Binding) then your house is also its home that is seeped into your life with. Take a walk in the outskirts of some woods.
Night_Watcher (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-29)
First thing first, stay as far away of the occult as possible. Try going to church and it would be great to get your house cleansed, but by a very faithful priest, otherwise you could just make that thing angry. Try to get a rosario and sleep with it. Say a prayer in the morning and before bed. These things can get very dangerous if left alone.Also, counselling it's a great idea. Will help you fight with the dark thoughts.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Okay, I think you need to bless your house, get it cleansed. And don't ever think that this thing is winning, don't even think about this thing period. Try your best to stay away from occult things, get rid of everything related. Try to come out of your depression, think positive things, get fresh are often, (like when it's a nice day out), the walks. Do things that promote positive feelings. Dont let whatever may be in your house think its more powerful thn you are, because he is not, you are the boss. Get help with your addictions and keep your home cleansed. This thing my be promoting all those bad thoughts. This sounds like a lot to do, but it's worth it man.

Thank you for sharing with us.

P.S. I know that it's just your username, but remember; you ironman, and ironman don't loose.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Ironman91- what do you mean when you say "it's appeared as a couple"?
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
Hello:
The others are giving great advice. The only things I can add are based upon my experiences and life lessons.
First, you MUST address your addictions. For many I have known that have had luck overcoming serious addictions, it took a committed and dedicated effort to a daily program. For some it was in-patient; others were fine with daily meetings for a length of time. It is a lifestyle change.
Addictions often can be a "symptom" of another underlying illness such as depression, that is worsened by "self-medicating". Balancing one's brain chemistry after abuse can be difficult, which is why it's called "recovery".
Malevolent spirits/forces are attracted to those suffering from chaotic circumstances, addictions, traumas, etc. It is said that they feed off fear, anger and other negative emotions. Experimenting with the occult in an effort to find comfort can be like throwing gas onto a fire.
Addressing and healing the physical will naturally give one a different outlook on the spiritual side of life. Often, a spiritual healing will follow.
Good luck in finding balance and healing in your life. I wish you all the best.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
lukefees (2 posts)
-2
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
A demon might have had a spiritual attachment to you. I recommend praying or checking. Or do good things and the demon will most likely leave
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
ironman91- I agree with Rook with it may not have anything to do with your mothers past.

I would like to encourage the counseling options. One has to give it time though, and not be discouraged with the lack progress in the beginning. These things takes time to work through.

In addition, use Rook's cleansing and shielding process. It will help to keep things at bay or gone while one heals themselves.

Keep us updated, and thanks for sharing
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Thank you for sharing with us. I do not think that your Mothers past is what has caused your situation, having said that let's see if I can explain...

Everything you have described... Except the bad luck at keeping jobs... CAN BE either the signs of a mental condition or a spiritual attachment. The fact you have sought counseling MAY (should) help you seperate the two. The job thing may just be people reacting to how you are handling the situation you are going through... Addiction (s) can adversly effect our employment situations.

Please look at my profile, there is a Cleansing and Shielding method posted there, feel free to use it a you speak with your Doctor and please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: