You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Something Is Crawling In My Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Something Is Crawling In My Bed

 

The following story that I am about to narrate is based on my personal experience. This was my second paranormal experience with the first one happened over a year previous to this.

It was in year 2003, Mumbai when I was in my senior college. My family bought a new house which was in the same area where we stayed that time; only this new house is much bigger and better. Before we could move in this new house, we decided to do some interior decoration and a paint job as the previous owner had dull taste in interior.

Since, my college was from early morning until noon, it was my duty to supervise the workers working on the interior in our new house. So every afternoon when I came back from my college, I used to go home take my meal and rush to the new house where the interior work was going on. The labourers used to work from morning until the sunset, after which I used to lock the new house and go back home. As far as I remember the renovation lasted more than two weeks as the house (new house) we now stay in is a huge one.

Parallel to the renovation, my final exams were nearing and I thought to quicken the pace by studying at the under renovation house post the departure of the labourers. And since my habit is that I can better concentrate during the late hours of the night, I have always preferred to study at late night. So one evening I told my mother that after my supper I will go to the new house to study and sleep there since my exams are nearing and that I will be spending every night at the new house until the renovation is done and we move in it. But my mother insisted me in not staying in the new house overnight until we do a housewarming puja*. For she believed it was inauspicious to stay in the new house before it was blessed and purified and the puja was done. My father who was at home that time told me to ignore my mother and told her that nothing happens if I stay in the new house before the housewarming puja.

Those days even I didn't believed in this superstitious belief my mother was telling me about. And so, even after my mother's strong refusal of me staying in the new house, I still went there with my books, a water bottle, torch, alarm clock and an old mattress. Because the new house was still under renovation, we had no furniture in there. The living room window was pulled out since we wanted to install the latest slider window in its place. Also, there was only one bulb in the living room and the entire house had no lights nor fans because the entire wiring to the new house was being replaced with a conceal wiring. Oh, I forgot to tell you, this new house is on the top floor (last floor) of the building.

So I reached the new house at around 11:30 pm. I stepped in and lit the only bulb in the living room. Placed the old mattress on the floor and was soon lost in my study. I glanced at the timer it was 40 minutes past 2 o'clock. I decided to go to bed since I had college the next morning. Tired by a long day, I was soon pulled into a deep sleep by the chirping sound of the crickets. The night was cold with a full moon. The light of the full moon washed the outside land with its soft radiance. In fact, the light of the full moon was so bright that night that it dimly lit my living room with its mystic glow.

Well, you know, I'm not a sound sleeper but that day I was so physically and mentally exhausted that nothing could have broken my sleep; even if the hell below me broke lose itself. Suddenly, I could faintly hear a bunch of stray dogs barking and howling insanely outside on the street while I was still in my sleep. As I said, that day I was sleeping like I was in a coma and nothing could have disturbed my sleep.

As habitually, I was sleeping on my right arm and suddenly I could feel that something is crawling next to me in my bed. Slowly, I was awake. I opened my eyes thinking that I am at home but then realized I am at our new house. The crawling, however, did not stop. Slowly and steadily I moved my body posture from the right arm to the left arm. And what I saw terrified me down the spine. In the dimly lit moon light I saw a lady sleeping next to me wearing a saree* with long untied black hair and a red bindi* on her forehead looking at me and smiling. Her eyes were wide and red. Her smile revealed the white teeth underneath her lips. The entity was transparent as I could clearly see the wall behind her.

For couple of seconds I was frozen but then suddenly I bolted out of my bed and switched on the bulb. There was nothing. The lady was gone. No trace of her. Everything in the room was as normal as it was before I went to sleep. Only I, who was so frightened that I was standing with my back pressed to the main door. The barking sound in the background now reached its crescendo.

Somehow I composed myself and grabbed the torch. With heavy steps I checked all the rooms in the house including the kitchen and the bathrooms. I closed all the windows and doors of the other rooms and came back to the main door standing there alarmed. I checked the time, it was 3:30 am. Standing there I started thinking what if the lady came back? I thought to phone my parents but it was very late and I didn't wanted to worry them at this hour of the night. Then I thought to cycle back to my home but I was too scared to do it. I thought to wake my neighbor and tell them what I have just experienced, but then thought they will take me for being an insane person.

Many thoughts passed my mind as I was standing at the door until the sun came up at 6 am. I hurriedly grabbed my things and cycled back to my home. Back at home I told my mother about my experience. She scolded me for not listening to her and warned me not to stay in the new house until the housewarming puja is done in it. That morning I didn't go to college as I was little feverish.

It has been more than 10 years to this incident but even today I get goosebumps and chill in my spine whenever I narrate this story to anyone.

NOTE:

Till today I haven't reached to a concrete conclusion as to what was that that I saw that night. Who was that lady? Was she just a creation of my exhausted mind? Or was she a wandering spirit who simply floated in my house as the living room window were pulled out that time?

Whoever or whatever she was, I might never know for sure. But one thing I am gut sure of, I don't want to encounter her or anything like her again in my life.

FOOTNOTE:

Puja* - a holy ritual where a priest chats mantras to please the Gods and receive their blessings. Usually, a puja is conducted during the festivals, on a daily basis or during the beginning or starting of something new in life. The main purpose of a puja is to ward away the evil energy and put a protective auspicious shield over something or someone.

Saree* - a traditional Indian outfit worn by a woman in India.

Bindi* - a round shaped red mark worn on the forehead by a woman signifying that she is a married lady.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheStoryTeller20015, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Vinne (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-07-27)
I think that the thing you saw was a wandering spirit of a womam... Scary experience... 😨
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
TheStoryTeller20015, yes that is something I'm going to keep in mind starting know and up to the when I buy a house. I would not move into a house I don't know much about until I've made sure everything was just right including cleansing it. Thank you for getting back to me. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
TheStoryTeller - if you would like people to visit your blog, please put the link on your profile.
TheStoryTeller20015 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
Hello ashar123,

Thank you for taking out the time to read my story. I am happy you liked it as well.

Well, I was a nonbeliever in pujas and rituals myself more than 10 years back. But this incident changed my perspective to look at rituals. Well I'm not saying that rituals help you all the time, and neither do I support it. But one thing I now believe in is that the world is full of Positive and Negative energy and it it better not to fiddle around with these negative energies.

Also, I respect your belief. I do not intent to say that you should believe in rituals. That's individual choice.

Anyway, thanks for liking my style of writing. By professional I am Copywriter so I guess writing flows naturally as and when I pen down my thoughts.

I suggest you too should start writing but before that reading lots is essential to develop your own style of writing.

And don't forget to share my story with your friends on YGS.

Regards,
TheStoryTeller20015
TheStoryTeller20015 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-23)
Hello Sam222,

I am glad you liked my story. Thanks for taking the time and reading it. Pls when you buy your own house, do get it blessed before you move in. As many times the negative vibes of the previous occupant/s gets trapped in the house so it is essential to clear the air and get in some positive vibes in the house before moving in.

Would appreciate if you share my story with your friends as well.

Regards,
TheStoryTeller20015
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-22)
Hello! I myself do not believe in housewarming pujas and other rituals but your story was really different one. Thanks for sharing.

By the way you write very well. You narrate the happenings fluently as they are. I liked your writing skill and off course your story too.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Well Yeah! This gave me goosebumps too. Waking up with an old lady next to you, yeah, no thanks! I'd get up and run.
Thanks for sharing your story, when I buy a house, I'll definatly get it blessed before I move in. 😊
TheStoryTeller20015 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Hello sds,

Yes we brought a flat and renovated the interiors as per our designs. No, I did not do any investigation. But the housewarming puja* (refer the footnote) was done before my family moved in it. And after that there was nothing paranormal about it.

Thanks for reading my story and commenting on it. And if you have liked my story, please share it with your friends.

Regards,
TheStoryTeller20015
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-20)
Hello TheStoryTeller20015, welcome to YGS. You mean you bought a "flat" and renovated it? Did you make any investigation later and asked your neighbours about your experience? Well, I find it difficult to comment further. It might be that you had a dream and it might have been that you saw a real paranormal sighting. But cannot say more with your only experience.

If you did some investigation, please do share with us so that it could give some clues to comment further.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
TheStoryTeller20015 (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-19)
To Tuckandroll,

Thank you for taking the time and reading my story. Keeping looking for my next story which I will publish in a few days.
tuckandroll (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-18)
Interesting...Thank you for sharing. Also thank you for noting the definitions.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: