You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Uncle Harry

Real Ghost Stories

Uncle Harry

 

I must have always been psychic because I can remember seeing "shadow" people on the wall of my bedroom when I was little. I used to sleep with my head under the covers to hide from them and I still do so over 30 years later. The psychic stuff stopped for a long time, because I guess my fear must have repressed it. However it re-emerged again after I met my husband, whose family (or at least his mum) considers it as something "normal" and nothing to worry about.

This particular experience happened when I was about 20 and still lived at home with my parents. My bedroom was built into the loft of the house and there was a tiny "corridor" between my bedroom door and the loft door, which tended to be a bit dark.

One night I was sitting on my bed reading when something made me look up. The door to my bedroom was shut. There in the dark corner by the loft stood my parents' next door neighbour, who we called Uncle Harry. He looked straight at me and was completely transparent. The experience wasn't threatening, but the problem was that he'd died when I was about 14! Needless to say, I ran out of that room pretty quickly! He never appeared again, but after that whenever I sat in my room on my own I would leave the hallway light on and the door open!

Other hauntings by Elephant

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Elephant, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Hello Elephant.
Young children are natural psychics. I believe it is something we are born to and we can not change that. What we can, and often, do is block out what we can for various reasons (mine was because my families belief in "if you ca not see it, it does not exist" with the exception of the Higher Power). I do not know when the magical age of cessation is, or even if there is one. Some people go their whole lives able to see both sides, so to speak.
I think Uncle Harry just wanted to say hello and that he was fine over there on the Other Side. I do not think he meant to scare you, he may not even been aware that you could see him until you went running out of the room. 😊Thank you.
MrsSkeletor (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
When I was a young child I remember seeing a shadowy man pass by the large front window in my parent's living room. Being so young I just though my mind was playing tricks on me. Sometimes spirits are attracted to those with a strong aura. Usually a legit psychic/medium will have that. You most likely do to. I don't think I'm psychic, but I have had strange dreams and feelings that come true. I can usually sense when something bad is going to happen as well. I'm more of a sensitive and can feel energy and emotions. I guess it all depends on your abilities. I would try to pin point your strengths and become stronger in those areas.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
Hello there! I hope it's a good thing accepting your psychic abilty back. I think you're brave for doing that actually. Life is less complicated without it I think! Take Care! ❤
Rosemary (35 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
I think that Harry was just appearing to you to let you know he is still alive in the Spirit World and he no doubt wanted you to tell your parents this.
But from your reaction I think you scared Harry and he was afraid to appear to you again.
Spirits of the dead can visit us and sometimes they don't even know you are able to see them and sometimes they want you to see them and know they are alive.
Sometimes we refer to them as Guardian Angels if they are Nice and if they ae not Nice they can still be relatives or people we have known and if they are not nice we refer to them as Demons but in Harrys case I believe he was a nice spirit appering in a nice way to say hello and tell you indeed there is life after death.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: