You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Possessed Relative

Real Ghost Stories

The Possessed Relative

 

I am Hmong, and my religion is still very traditional. My grandpa was one of the gifted ones that god send to help people on earth. Hmong relatives from all over the world will come and dwell in our house just for him to see this possessed woman. This woman is very ill and sick when anyone is around her, but when no one is around, she will eventually turn into a demon and start chewing on sofas and clothes and will start stripping off her clothes, and speak in a demonize language. But when someone enters the room, she will fall back down, and will eventually faint like nothing had happened.

According to my culture, Hmong people believed that this comes from hereditary. Some Hmongs refer this to as, "tsev neeg tsis huv..." This means that some peoples' hereditary are not clean; their family was once possessed by demons, and when they die, they will come back and possess their own children, or grandchildren. This woman, was believed to be possessed by her own mother, who died ten years ago from exorcist.

Her husband and her came to our house, asked my grandpa to help her get rid of the devil. She screamed and yelled and chew on everything that is on her way. It took a while for her to recover, but definitely faster than most religion. She screamed and screamed and desperately calling out for her mother, and for devils to take her back.

After she recovered, she did not recall this, of what had happened to her. She does not remember a bit about what she is about to turn into, but she only remembered being unconscious.

One question I don't get it is that why would demons be interested in us human for? And does religion also matter?

Other hauntings by uncanny

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, uncanny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-15)
Humans hold a special place in creation. It is a position that the "others" in creation hold a great deal of envy for. They, desire what we have and what we do not appreciate.
Alas, they are human enough to make happen that what they cannot have, they try to keep others from having- if only in a small part.

Rather like what hyenas do after they've made a kill they cannot finish eating: they defecate upon it- to keep others from benefiting.

What do we have? We have Life.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-31)
Hello uncanny.
I would like to answer your question, though I can see that you already have some excellent answers here.
Most importantly, I do not believe that religion has any bearing on who and when someone gets possessed. I would think that where ever evil is, and when ever it finds a foothold in the doorway of some one's life, it will push that door open, and forcibly if necessary.
I really am not trying to offend you, but I have no idea of how these "recycled demons" would work. As far as handing one down through generations, I mean. Thank you for the background of your religion, as it makes things more clear to read them with a bit of knowledge in your back pocket 😊.
I am glad this woman was cleared of her problem, and equally as glad that your grandfather could help her out. What a strong soul he must have to be able to do this on a regular basis.
Thank you for your story.
puppy_posses_me96 (14 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-04)
wow I think this story is very...unique. I mean if she is a realative it could be heritiatry throughout the family...
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear uncanny,

Yes, I do enjoy, appreciate and honor those YGS author's who take their time to respond to YGS posters' comments. Thus, I appreciate and honor you for taking your time to respond to my comment.

I am glad that the lady is now well, and that it is now ten years in the past for her.

I do know that it is your belief that she was possessed (uncannies) and that it was not of a psychological cause or nature. I wished to point out all possibilities before final conclusions are made, not only for your sake or the lady's sake, but also for all readers here on YGS.

Regardless, I am certainly glad your grandfather was able to help her and at present, she has lived a life free of any possession, uncannies or psychological disorders. The main thing is it personally worked for her. :)

Blessings and Thanks, Abby
MrsSkeletor (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-03)
It is possible that there is a medicle/scientific explanation for this. I would suggest what most of the others have and tell her to seek medicle help. If her condition seems unexplainable or incurable, than maybe it is a supernatural occurance carried through the ages of ancestory. Do you have a shaman in your family or know of anyone with that level of spiritual influence who could help her clear the demons, and guide what ever maybe lost back to her body?
uncanny (2 stories) (17 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-02)
Abby,

It has been cured already for more than ten years now. It is not psychological things, it came out from the uncannies. I am glad that you read my story, and glad to see that you care if I reply back or not.

Thanks
Abby (710 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
Dear uncanny will await your feedback, and pardon as I wish to welcome back YGS member "rose". Thank you rose for your comment on uncanny's story as well and gracing us readers and members again with your presence.

Thank You All, Blessings, Abby ❤
rose (9 stories) (92 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-22)
Annie
So true Abby, It's like inheritance. A member of a family possession in the next of kin. If works is still being perform by same member of family, it does not go away while there is greater interest of these phenomenon. Invoking. But yet, one has to find the means for that entity to disappear. Demons want to possess us, for they see in us what they want to be. They want to be human in form. They want to walk among us, for they do, but they can not function as we do. They are spirits and plain plasma. When taken human form, one knows they are not human.
I know there are others answers, hope others will comment and we can learn more on why they possess humans.
Take care
Rose
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-22)
Dear uncanny,

It is good to hear another's way of experiencing a belief system which embraces demon entity possession of a human being as is accepted by your Hmong culture.

I would say coming from my own belief system that a balance of all things would help to find the final cause and final solution. I do not think it is impossible, but if I were in that woman's shoes I would first seek medical, psychological, nutrition and alternative counseling, as well as spiritual counseling. I would also check in with my gut feeling too. I would go down the list and rule each one out until I found one thing that truly worked for me. In this case, your grandpa may have found this woman's solution, but many times it is always not the same answer or solution for all human beings. I hope the woman has remained balanced and healthy on all levels since. It is always good to learn and hear of another's way and belief system.

In my opinion, there are lower level entities or demons and there are possessions, but not all human beings with similar symptoms as this woman are possessed by such entities or demons. It is good to keep an open mind on all counts and fronts, and not rule everything in or out.--Abby
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
There is an intersection here; between the spiritual and ubiquitous. What often happens is entities find a host and like a parasite use that person. Here is the key to her getting better, she must fix what was broken inside of her. That part of her that is broken has made it possible for her to be possessed. And who knows it may not be possession anyway. Maybe it is something easier to deal with like mental illness. Anyway, if you rule that out it will be easier to strengthen her, so she can deal with her demons. I respect your tradition and will not tell you that this a religious probelm. However, people who are in crises often feel that they are spiritually defective. Often that is a way to say that they feel overwhelmed by the problems. I can tell you though this is not to big to begin to handle, and it is possible given support this woman will become stronger and happier. I'm just saying it's possible and even likely.
😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
No offense, but based on what little I've read here, I think your relative is simply sick. She could have any number of mental or neurological illnesses that make her do these things. I'd be less willing to blame it on the devil until she's been checked-out by a medical professional.

But hey, what do I know?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
I do not think that it is your religion, I think it is human beings that demons wish to possess. They try to take over and cause evil and pain within the human race any way they can.

God Bless!
Rosemary (35 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-19)
This is a great story because it lends credibility to what I am experiencing.
I believe every word you are saying because since l986 I have had three relatives sitting inside my body as in possession and with them is also a man I knew who died in l985 and on the first anniversary of his death the four of them entered my body and vow they will not get out until an Exorcism or a Higher Power in the Universe proves they can force them out.
They say they are doing this for scientific reasons and to prove to the world that these things can happen to people.
How and if they remove themselves from my body and or what will happen to them in the way of punishment if anything once they leave my body I do not yet know.
I have tried to find an exorcist but no one will help me but now I have a little hope since I am in communication with a Deliverance Minister who deals with these things and I am anxious to see what happens when he takes on the possessing Spirits.
The reason the things in your story are so important to me is it is Relatives and acquaintances doing this to me.
Most people believe that Possessions are raging unknown demons but you and I both know that we are now putting a face on Demons and they can actually be your relatives and others that we knew and who died and now come back to taunt us from the Spirit World.
So thanks again for your story I find it very helpful.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: