You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Could A New House Be Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Could A New House Be Haunted?

 

A while ago I found this site and have been reading the submissions here for some time now. I guess now I feel comfortable about telling complete strangers about the scariest things that has happened to me, so here it goes...

In 2006 my mom moved my brothers, sisters and I from California to Georgia. It was pretty devastating for us because we were teenagers (I was 16) at the time and was used to going out partying and basically running the streets. We should have listened to our mom when she said we better get it out our system because there was nothing to do once we got to our new home in Georgia.

This new house was built in 2000 and was a part of a new neighborhood that was built in the back of a very old neighborhood. So to get to the new houses you had to pass through the old neighborhood. It was pretty creepy as that road was dark and one house had a confederate flag and what looked to be a rope hanging over the tree. We being African Americans it really didn't make the feelings any better. The house itself was in a cul-de-sac and the backyard was filled with woods that went back pretty far. When we first got there for some reason when I went to the back the first thing I said was "I wonder how many soldiers are buried and forgotten back there." Pretty creepy and didn't know why that came to mind.

Even though this house was new and we were the second occupants strange things happened there. Like I said I'm only going to tell the two most disturbing things that's ever happened to me. The first was one day I was in my basement which was fully furnished, it was where I went for alone time. I was down there for hours watching movies like I usually do when my siblings were gone. After the movie I was watching ended I could hear my siblings return home and could hear them laughing upstairs. So I got off the couch to proceed upstairs when the hairs on the back of my neck stood straight up and I felt someone behind me and could hear whatever it was slide off the couch right next to me. It was so intense I immediately ran upstairs screaming my sister's name. I was so loud she opened the door right as I was at the door and yelled WHAT! She eventually became concerned when she saw the look on my face and believed every word I said.

The second was the most terrifying thing ever. My sister, (the one I mentioned above) and I were in our kitchen which was on the second floor, we were getting dinner ready while everyone else were watching movies on the first floor. While cooking, out of nowhere the loudest, deepest growly voice came from right behind us. It sounded like it was coming from the ceiling but right behind us and whatever the language it was speaking it was pronouncing everything clearly yet we couldn't understand it. I remember my hair were standing to attention on my neck and my whole body was frozen. I was frozen with fear and could remember closing my eyes really tight as it talked for a good minute, trying to tell myself it was not real and started to ask God for help. Right after it stopped my sister asked did you hear that? I looked at her who looked terrified and we both immediately ran upstairs to tell our mom, who of course didn't believe us.

Thank you for reading and sorry so long but wanted to know what could that possibly be? Anyway I have more stories if you want to hear but none frightened me the way these two did.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, black_fox09, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

black_fox09 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-29)
Bizzjoe- Hey thanks for the reply. Well the voice I heard was definitely a voice. I can only describe it as what a monster would sound like. I have never been literally frozen with fear until that night that's why I didn't run during, I was literally frozen, stuck and couldn't move and I'm sure that's why my sister didn't run either but she never likes to talk about that it left a big mark on her. It also was talking for a minute and its weird it was like once it stopeed talking everything just snapped back like we were in a trance. Really weird! 😕
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Hi Black Fox,

Firstly I think you have a natural knack for sensing 'what's up' as you mentioned speaking about the soldiers from days gone.
I too thought of the couch making noises on its own. But then I remembered you used the words 'slide off'. If it's a ghost perhaps they were watching movies with you on that day and chose to slide off so as not to make a sound. Well that didn't work! Also I don't understand why they'd have to make physical contact with a couch to do this, I mean who really understands that anyway.
Just wanted to throw a positive spin on that experience. It's natural to freak out, but not always needed.

As for that weird noise, thought of plumbing too. Would have also assumed animals in the walls/ceiling. But as it was a newly built home that seems unlikely. If it was a ghost I wonder what it was trying to say.

In answer to your title I'd say any place could be haunted.

Btw the rope on the tree really creeped me out. 😕
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Well... Just a thought, but a minute is a long time for a voice to be chatting away out of thin air... So I would imagine you and your sister would be asking each other "did you hear that?" during the event, rather than after? And I also would have thought you and your sister would have ran upstairs during, rather than after the event, if as you say it was that scary, and it went on for around a minute... Or maybe it just seemed like a minute, but was only a few seconds?
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
I think you should handle it with bravery. Here I think that it really wanted to harm you. I want to know that do you still have paranormal experiences. If yes then please post them.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
black_fox09 - I'm not discounting your experiences at all, but I had a thought about the leather couch. Is it possible it could have been static from the couch you felt? I had a car that had leather seats and every time I got out of it the static surrounded me. Shocked me sometimes too when I was trying to open the doors LOL

I have no explanation for the growling voice except for possible plumbing or heating/cooling units making it. They make some extremely weird sounds sometimes.

If you are still living in this home and activity is still occurring, I recommend keeping a journal/diary and write it down. Be as detailed as you can, date/time, weather conditions, moods of the members in the house. A lot of things can have bearing on activity. The journal may also help you determine whether or not something is truly paranormal, or just normal 😊
black_fox09 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Hello and thanks for your feedback.

Pjs1977- I have since moved from that house but when I was there I could not find anything about my house or land but then again I didn't know what I was doing.

RebelRaider- It was a leather couch and your right it does make those sounds after getting up. This however was completely different as I felt the energy.

Vintageglam- Thank you for your feedback and I am actually way to scary to ghost hunt lol.
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
I agree with RebelRaider. Don't ghost hunt. It might be unsafe. Maybe you can go to your local historical information office to find the history of your house. Good luck!
pjs1977 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
Wow blackfox that sounds ridiculously scary. If was I was you I would look into the history of that house I mean it is pretty new but not brand new you say 2000 so its already 15 years old so its got to have some history to it. Another thing you mentioned was all those dead soldiers buried and forgotten in the woods that's interesting because there might be a few who knows for sure lol.
RebelRaider (4 stories) (15 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-25)
First off thanks for posting, The first one I have to ask what kind of couch is/was it? I ask because some leather couches will make a noise after you get up. My Aunt had one like this and a few seconds or minutes after getting up it would sound like another person was getting up.

The second one was kind of weird. You should really do more research into the area. Were there houses that were on the property before your house? Who owned the land? Where in Georgia? Sherman's march to the sea was one of bloodiest parts of the civil war and happened in Georgia.

Let us know what you find and good luck.

Also don't ghost hunt in your own house, and don't watch any ghost shows either. Ghost shows just give the ghosts in your house ideas.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: