You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Collection Of Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

A Collection Of Experiences

 

My Nan says that she has this thing, where she can hear the deceased. She said that my Auntie has it, my mom has it, and that I also have it. I don't believe I have 'it' as much as her because I don't really know what 'it' is. I can feel when someone in there, I can feel it it's bad or good.

Sometimes when I am in my house, I know what rooms to go in and what rooms to avoid if I feel something there. I don't know if these feelings are real or not or if my head is just playing tricks. I do have a morbid curiosity, and I also do believe in the paranormal, as I feel that some things cannot be explained. I am 22 years old, and I work in a Funeral home, and I am an only child.

The first thing I can remember from when I was small (we had just moved in) is a lady called Rose who used to try and keep me awake at night. I used to always tell my mom 'Rose won't let me sleep.' I would have been two at the time and where it happened is my current home still. My mom got talking to the neighbours, and as it happens the lady who used to live in the house before us was a nasty old lady called Rose.

When I was around 5, on Christmas Eve, I went to bed as usual and woke up in the middle of the night, but I couldn't open my eyes all the way. I really tried hard to open them but it felt like something wasn't letting me. I could vaguely see the room I was in and right at the end of the bed was this white mist, it was moving up and down and side to side. I was so fixated on it because, being 5, I thought it was Father Christmas! Now I realise that it probably wasn't, I am so sure that I was actually awake.

The third thing I can remember is I was around 10-11. I was riding my scooter down the road towards these 4 large Victorian houses, each have cellars, with three floors, all these houses are attached. I came up to the first Victorian house where there was a young woman sitting in the window, she had a white night gown on, long hair, and was just staring smiling at me. She was sitting on the window ledge, not moving. I turned around to my Mom and Dad who were walking behind me. I remember getting really frustrated because they had no idea what I was talking about. I was explaining to them that there was a woman smiling at me in the window, and she was still there as I was telling them. I shrugged it off and rode past on my little scooter anyway where her eyes still followed me. I wasn't scared, just more curious. I'd never seen anyone dressed like that before, and I see neighbours quite a lot and I'd never saw this young girl before in my life, and I have never saw her again.

The following is not really in any particular order I will just type as I remember.

Around when I was 12, we were having an extension build on the house. Our tiny kitchen was being transformed into a bigger one, and our garage moved forward, so all the foundations underneath (where our current kitchen was) had to be dug up. I can't remember how long the building lasted for, but while this was going on our house got very creepy. My Mom was convinced that one of the previous owners had a baby that died and buried where we were digging, and that's why she was so upset and messing about with things in the house. Whether it's true or not we will never know, but we never came across any remains.

There were things that happened regularly. For instance I had a lamp by the side of the bed with a paper/cardboard shade, it made a certain sound whenever you brushed passed it or wiggled it to turn the light off. This lamp shade would shake at night and it used to really freak me out. One instant I particularly remember, I was lying in bed, I knew something was in the room, when my bedroom door swung open and the lamp started shaking. I called for my mom and she swapped bedrooms with me. During this period me and my mom would swap bedrooms a lot. She used to complain of the bed shaking and lifting. She would never let me move my bed around in the room because she said whenever it was moved, for instance facing the door, the bed would lift up or start to shake.

When I was around 19, my dad's best friend passed away in March. Around a month later, I ran downstairs to get my bag. I knew there was something downstairs but knew I could go down there. I grabbed my bag which was opposite the kitchen door (which has no actual door it's just a frame). As I bent down to get it, I saw someone standing in the kitchen, I knew instantly that this was my dad's friend. I did not feel threatened. The next thing I knew the dog barged past me and starting barking at this white thing standing in the kitchen. I didn't choose to keep looking at it, I just decided to turn around, go upstairs and l told the dog to chill out. As I got to the top of the stairs my mom was awake standing on the landing, asking me why the dog was barking. I simply said, "Speedy's standing in the kitchen" and she just went, "Oh, again." Then she went back to bed.

When I turned 21, a week after my 21st birthday, my mom left to go on holiday without telling anyone. When she returned it was apparent what was going on. She moved into the spare bedroom and would not talk to me or my dad. My dad tried really hard to get her to stay.

One night we decided to go out to the pub. My mom wouldn't sit with me and my dad, so we all went to stand at the bar. During the short time I was there, I was passing messages on to my Mom through my dad, and vice versa. I eventually had enough of being the middle man and proceeded to leave. I went to my friends until around midnight, and then drove home awaiting for my parents to return.

I decided to sit in my bedroom and paint my nails, when I suddenly felt like someone was standing outside my bedroom door. It was a horrible nasty feeling and I felt like I needed to leave the house but I had nowhere to go, so just sat there in silence hoping it would go away. The dog would not come upstairs to sit with me. There was a lot of banging going on downstairs and noises coming from outside my bedroom door. Then all of a sudden it stopped. I heard the front door open and was relieved because I thought it was my parents returning. I heard footsteps and ran downstairs. It turned out to be my Nan. She was furious and shouted at me to get into the car, turns out my mom had disappeared and ran off with another man, and my dad had phoned her to tell her. Not sure if the noises and the feelings were anxiety about the whole situation, or whether it was something warning me something bad was going to happen. My Nan told me to get into the car, so I did, and she drove around searching for my mother. Eventually we couldn't find her so we went back to my house, where my mom and dad were standing in the kitchen arguing.

Never experiencing anything like this before, I broke down and started screaming. My dad told me to go to my aunt's, my mom grabbed me and she whispered to me, "Do not listen to them, they are all lying to you. They are tricking you." I looked at her face, and it was as though it wasn't my mom. Her eyes were empty and her face was drained. It was not my mother. My dad had to pull her off me and he then took me to my aunt's house, leaving my Nan and my mom behind. Once at my aunt's, my Nan returned without my mother.

Around ten minutes later, my Nan, aunt and dad were making complaints of ringing and clicking in their ears. My Nan is convinced that it was my late granddad (my dad's dad) who passed away when I was around 5. My aunt's house is absolutely rife with spirits (I can talk about that later on or in another post).

The last instance that happened to be recently was when I was at work. I was covering another funeral branch (every 4 weeks we have to work a Saturday. As my branch isn't open on a Saturday we have to work in our closest one that is which is not far from my home). I had worked Saturdays before, but since I had recently moved from my first funeral home to my current one I had never worked there before, I did not know where anything was so the girl I was working with showed me around. This funeral home is pretty big. Everything about it was really normal until she showed me the chapels. The chapels are through an archway and are down a corridor that leads to a bathroom at the end.

The first chapel was fine, but heading up towards the 4th my hairs all stood on end and I really didn't want to go down there, but as there was going to be a lot of viewings we had to turn on all the lights in the chapels. I would like to mention that each chapel door has a peep hole, so when we are closing branch we can check if anybody is still in there.

I went into the chapel and it was really cold. Colder than any of the other chapels, and I hated every second I was in there. I later found out a few weeks ago, that it's not only me that hates going into that chapel, there have been quite a few workers that dislike it.

I have been told that one of the ladies who works at the branch did a check to see if anyone was in chapel and she saw a man sitting in the chair. Thinking that someone was viewing she ignored it and went back into the office. A few hours later she asked the other girls if the gentleman had left yet. None of the other girls had any idea what she was talking about, so she then went to check and nobody had been in there at all.

Sorry if this appears to be ramblings. This is my first post and my first time writing my experiences out. Please let me know your thoughts!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bon3yardsx, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cetic (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
I liked this story, I hope to hear more! And I'm sorry about your parents. I hope everything turns out alright. ❤
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-30)
bon3yardsx - I just want to say that I simply loved your story and I am looking forward to more. Thank you for sharing with us. 😊
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-29)
Ha! I should have known, my dad's from Birmingham and he says 'mom' too. 😊
bon3yardsx (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-28)
Tweed - hi there thank you for your
Comment! I am from birmingham and in Birmingham everyone says 'mom' it's very rare that someone will say mum. None of my friends say mum it's always 'mom'' which is why I get annoyed when it's Mother's Day because all the cards say mum!
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Hi Bon, welcome.

It sounds like your mother had a pretty serious break down. This could account for her not looking/sounding/being herself. Her behaviour leading up to that night would also indicate this. I'm sorry to hear about all that. It sounded very heavy.
I got the sense while reading that your home and family growing up had a fair share of stressful times. I believe that some ghosts like to feed off negativity. That said, I wouldn't want to lay the blame entirely on external forces or entities.

Just because I'm curious, I noticed you used the American spelling of 'mom' in place of your location's preferred spelling. I'm curious as to why?

Thanks for sharing, take care.
believer12 (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Thanks for the reply bon3yardsx, I must say you are a very brave person and have faith, everything would be fine, I hope your mother becomes herself again, you can seek help from someone who knows about spirits and can help your mother.
eltimur (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
hi bon3yardsx... May be you have six sense then... Try to explore more, meet other people who has this ability just like paranormal group/s... Sorry, its just my advise!
dazram (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Thank you for sharing your experiences. When I read the part about your mum, I felt so bad for you. I'm no expert on the paranormal or psychological things. But I'm glad your fine now. I hope your mum feels a bit better soon as well. Looking forward to hearing some more stories from you soon. 😁 😁
bon3yardsx (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Hi there both.
Believer12 - I should have made it clearer that I just went there for the rest of the night as this happened between 1-4am my dad left my mom at home with my Nan, the time it took for my dad and me to walk to my aunts my nan and mom had gotten into a fight at my house. My mom ran out the house and went missing that was when my nan came to my aunts.
I don't know if it's left but she hasn't been the same since.
Bluemer04 - I am fine thank you, yes it was like something took over her, her face changed and her eyes seemed to glaze over and when she spoke she never made much sense. I still experience some things like for instance yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen and heard someone come downstairs, I thought it was my boyfriend and I had a look around and no one was there! Yay little things like that really
believer12 (11 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Hi, lots have happened to you, just curious what did you do that day after you moved to your Aunt's place? Your dad left your mon at home as he, your nan and aunt were together when they complained about the sound... Was your mom ok and what ever the thing was with/inside her, did that leave her?
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Whoah! This is a lot. How are you doing now? I hope you are doing fine. I am just curious when you said that your mom isn't your mom. Are you still experiencing anything until now?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: