You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Shadow Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

My Shadow Encounter

 

I've been reading stories on this site for a while now and I have decided to share mine. First of all I would like to mention that my mother had similar encounters when she was younger, so she did kind of helped me with my experiences.

My first encounter has happened when I was about 13-14 years of age (I'm 20 now). We have just moved to my grandparents' house (village next to Đakovo, Croatia) a few years before that and I have always had that feeling that I was watched.

Kitchen (it's called something like summer kitchen and it is very common in Slavonia) is separated from the rest of our house and you have to cross the yard to get to the house. I was alone in the kitchen listening to the radio and drawing something. It was getting late and I decided to go watch TV then go to sleep cause I had school next morning. I picked my cat up and went across, soon as I have opened the door I could feel something is there standing at my right side watching me. My cat started to make some strange noise and scratching me until I let her go. She ran across so fast, I have never seen her acting that strange. Then I looked to my right and I could see black shadowy like figure of a man staring at me. I couldn't see his face but I could feel it. So I froze for a couple minutes as we were staring at each other. I could feel the cold coming down my back. Somehow I managed to break this paralysis and run across and turn on the lights in my yard and he was gone. I stared though the window for a while trying to figure out what was that or who. That night I could not sleep or relax in any way.

The second encounter has happened few months later. I was in my room again listening to music (I used to sleep with music on) and reading. Only source of light was from my stereo and it was blueish, I have always liked it that way. My father was in living room on computer, my sister was in dorm in Osijek and everybody else were already asleep. It was around midnight and I felt sleepy so I decided to put the book down and go to sleep.

As I closed the book and turned to put it on table there he/it was again. He/it was standing next to my bed once again staring at me. I felt cold, I couldn't move or scream. I could hear him/it breathing. He/it was getting closer and somehow I could move. I stretched my arm and I turned on the nightstand lamp and he/it was gone. I sat on the bed for a few seconds then went to the living room. Since that day I sleep in there.

Next day I have asked my mother about her ghost experiences and how to get rid of them. She told me that I have to set him/it free, just to tell him/it to go. I had that on my mind since then. I have few more encounters but I will share them some other time.

Thank you for your time.

P.S I'm sorry if there are some grammar mistakes. English is my second language.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ophelia_raven1817, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ophelia_raven1817 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-03)
Thank you all for reading:) I will soon post another two experiences... Thank you Rook I will sure look into your methods:). I felt as it was mean or bad... I told my boyfriend about it and he said that my mind is playing tricks... I had a period when it al stopped for a brief time... Once again thank you all I appreciate your help:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-28)
First let me say your english is pretty good so no worries there.

Second...shadow figures are hard to 'read' but the best gauge as to its true nature can be our gut feelings about them... So were you scared and unable to move because this 'abnormal situation' simply scared you OR did this shadow figure 'feel' off, bad, mean or harmful?

Third...asking them to move on can work but there is more you can do... Look on my profile there is a Cleansing and Shielding Method posted there please feel free to use it. Thank you for posting and please keep us updated.

One last thing...

Jessicqqq...can you please share with me where you learned that CATS and not Dogs can tell the difference between good and bad spirits? I ask because in my experience BOTH of them can distinguish between the two.

Respectfully,

Rook
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Dogs and cats can see ghosts and spirits but only cats can tell the difference between a good and a bad one so the fact that the cat got scared isn't a good sigh. It's hard to ignore it, I would know, so try distracting your brain by being on your phone and not talking about it.
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Well English is my second language too but the grammatical errors don't matter. Your mother is right. Even you just ignore him and don't feel afraid it will by its own mark an exit from your life. Don't worry!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: