You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandma's Visitor

Real Ghost Stories

Grandma's Visitor

 

A few years after the house hunting incident, we were settled in a nice place. The house has felt nice compared to the farmhouse we looked at, and nothing unusual had happened. My grandfather had unfortunately passed away a couple years ago when this happened.

My grandmother is one to go to bed at around 10 o'clock. I prefer staying up late, finishing college work and then just goofing around on the internet. The house we settled in, the front door opened into an entrance hall, turn right and you'd find a closet, where everyone's jackets were hung up. Turn right again and you were in the dining room. Going right lead to the kitchen/washroom, then eventually the living room. Going left led to the upstairs, computer room, grandma's room, and bathroom.

We didn't have any dogs, and the cats were upstairs for the night. Well, on the way back to the computer room with my drink, I noticed static from the radio, nothing unusual with that, it went out often. Going towards the stairs I heard what sounded like a growl. I looked around to make sure the cats hadn't gotten back out (they didn't). Shrugging it off, I headed into the computer room, stayed up a couple more hours, then went to bed.

The next day I let my cat out, she crept down. (Usually she'd dart down, use that litter box, then go get cat things.) She looked into my grandma's room, and took off in the opposite direction. As if scared out of her mind. This confused us because she loves grandma's bed. So we got to talking about her reaction.

Apparently, while I had left the computer room my grandma had awakened, and looked towards the door to see a human like figure filling the doorway. The thing's head reached the top of the door frame, taller than anyone living there. Two red eyes stared at her, and she claims it felt evil. It terrified her. She didn't see me return, and I didn't see anything in her doorway.

By this time I was a practicing pagan, with a small collection of herbs. So, I decided I'd see if I could sense anything. Walking to her room I didn't feel anything, but I did get growled at again. This irritated me, it scared my grandma and growled at me, not happening again. So I went to my altar upstairs, and got some sage. I did a house cleansing. My cat followed me to almost every room, then went into my grandma's room after it was complete. She jumped up on the bed and fell asleep after. So I left a small piece of sage in there, as a little extra protection.

It never returned and after that I found a local pagan group to learn more from. Now I know you might think I brought it, so I'll say it now, I have never used a Ouija Board. And the rituals I did were sabbats, or for healing. My teachers (online at the time) would have known if it had been something else, and I wasn't experienced enough to open a portal. I was still careful though.

Other hauntings by DragonLuvrD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DragonLuvrD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-03-27)
Using a Ouija isn't the only way to call someone so be careful! Even meditating and astral projecting can too because of the scenery you're bringing in and if you don't protect yourself it'll bring the wrong thing in!
DragonLuvrD (6 stories) (12 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
No problem. I didn't know anything about Paganism at first either, but when I looked it up, it clicked. I've done two school projects on Paganism since, aced both.

That cleansing was the only thing I could think of to get it away. I had just gotten a supply of Sage, to I had plenty for a house cleansing. What amused grandma was my cat following, my kitty never followed me like that. Grandma was happy after that thing was gone.:)

I asked my pagan group what it might have been they suggested a wandering dark entity. Since I was new still they doubted I'd be attacked by someone in such a way. I still don't know what it was, but I know I'd cleanse my house again if it returned.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-26)
Interesting story and thanks for sharing. I don 't know anything about Paganism, but sounds like you did a good thing by the simple cleanse. I wonder what it was and poor grandma. Glad you guys are alright!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: