You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Stories From Our Deck

Real Ghost Stories

Stories From Our Deck

 

I have mentioned in my previous stories that we are lucky enough to live in a fairly rural location in Arkansas. The house sits on top of a ridge with the back of the house pointing due North. Our deck is on the back side and offers a beautiful view of the farmlands below. For this reason we spend a lot of time enjoying activities such as morning coffee, time with friends, and various other fun things *wink*

Over the past years we have had odd activities that we feel are paranormal. I'll start with a couple things being thrown from the deck. A typical Saturday, chores before play time. It was mid-summer which meant that the deck had various plants placed in decorative settings. I had been doing various projects when I needed to go past the deck and head down the length of the house to retrieve some tools. On my way back up there sat a banana plant setting on the ground below the deck. I had just walked past point only minutes before. I sat my tools down and picked it up and headed up the deck. From where it was setting on the deck it had to have gone around two other plants, up, and over the rail to have fallen to the ground. The pot it was in was not damaged in any manner.

The second one happened only this past Saturday. Finally, with spring weather, we were out doing the spring cleanup in the yard. We worked a steady 6 hours raking, pruning and burning of brush. I have to admit I was wore out. And my feet were killing me. I sat myself down on the deck and moaned as I rubbed my feet. Jennifer showed up with a tub of warm water and a cold beverage for me to relax with. I soaked my feet and enjoyed that beverage until the water cooled. I pitched the water out and set the tub on the rail to drain.

I went in and showered up before some friends came over for bbq and NCAA game. Both of us had cleaned up and were leaning on the deck rail enjoying the view of our hard work. We were just a couple of feet from where the tub was setting. Our attention was drawn to movement from it. It slowly slid the distance of a foot before falling off the rail. It wasn't a quick slide, just a s-l-o-w movement. We were like, Really? Zero wind. It wasn't balanced on the rail. There was more rail than there was tub.

A couple other things I have mentioned from previous stories: from "It Was Unintended" there was that cold spot on the wall after the voice, in the middle of summer, that Sophie was barking at. In addition, from "Sophie's Story" there was the barking at the back door when Sophie was no where around.

I'm going to end with an event that was witnessed by four people including myself. We had weekend guest staying with us. Jennifer and I were setting down in the yard with one of our guests visiting. All three of us were looking up to the deck when our other friend came out the back door. As he approached the railing, his cell phone shot off the rail where it had been setting and landed about 20 feet away in the yard. It was as if it was thrown. All of us dropped our jaws in disbelieve. He wasn't even close enough to touch it at that moment. We tried and tried to debunk it but was not able to.

Well, there's some smalls that happened on the deck. I appreciate you taking time to read and comment.

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Wish-Not, congratulations on the new home! I hope when it's completed you and your family are blissfully paranormal free.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Mimi81- Well we actually will be building in the next coming months so there isn't a home to bring them to. The reason I left a.01% on activity is because I am currently using part of the same building that is storage as my wood shop. Have had some very minor things happen there while I am working. It may not have anything to do with our belongings that is stored there.

I actually planned on doing a cleansing on all the items before they are moved to the new location.

Very much appreciate your concern and advise.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Wish-Not, have you considered gradually bringing the items in storage into your home? On the off chance something was attached to an item, it would make it much easier to figure out which item was the problem.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Mimi81- I appreciate you taking the time to real all my accounts. There have been only three I would conceder disturbing. The first was the Big Meany ghost that just wanted to scare the poop out me, the second is the Violation (ygs members have other options for it), and the final one was Exit Wounds. The last I believe our residential ghost was throwing a temper tantrum because we were moving. All of "us" had gotten accustom to each other after five years.

Now the most active place was where most of my stories came from. It's in a little bity town called Bethesda. It's about 7 miles west of Batesville. One actually drives past a active quarry called Limedale. So that whole area is a major quartz/lime deposit. That could have AMPPED UP things.

We move about 7 months ago and it seems like we are on vacation from anything paranormal. I would say that 99.9% was left behind at that location or is waiting in storage with our belongings.

As far as what it was? Well I believe we had one to two residential entities that were just "button pushers". We did have an occasional guest but wouldn't stay very long. Like Mr. Winfred, he was there only for the one day. I think the Violation thing was something to just happen by because it never happened again.

So as serious as some of the experiences were, the majority were passive, kind of cool moments. Some SURPRISED the hell out of me but were not meant too.

Here I go again, Ramble, Ramble, Ramble... πŸ˜†
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Wish-Not, your comments on Kindly refrain's story caused me to read your accounts. You have had some seriously disturbing encounters. Have you ever been able to figure out who or what entities you're dealing with?

I'm in Arkansas also. My theory is that all the quartz deposits in the state rev up a lot of the paranormal activity.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-01)
Lol...Thanks Miracles, but I could have sworn it was only one week! Doh! Nice of you to say so though! 😁
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
Tweed- Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on my stories.

Yeah, that "Big One" still freaks the poop out of me. I guess I try not to think about it. Seems like the emotions from that night are still a struggle to deal with even today. No one likes the idea of being pushed around. It took advantage of my weakness'. But that's in the past. Life moves on.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
Miracles- All is well. I appreciate all the Moderators and what everyone does to make this site possible.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-30)
Caz - you weren't wrong LOL We did need a break πŸ˜‰ Real life seems to be doing its best to keep us distracted. And just so everyone is aware, after no new stories since the 15th, there are only 46 in queue. So if we'd have published new stories everyday, we'd be out LOL Seems like a lot of us took a break πŸ˜†
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
Wish-Not...Thanks to Miracles, we now know that you were right and I was wrong! LOL... Shows how busy I've been! I'll make a point of reading all your stories right after Christmas or sooner if I can... And Redwolf's too! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
Wish-Not - you are correct. It has been weeks since any new stories have been published. There are a couple reasons for this. One being, as has been mentioned, we are busy with our personal lives and haven't had time to edit and publish. Another being we just wanted a break. And still another is the thought this could give our members the opportunity to go back through the stories and see what they may have missed. It happens when there are a dozen or so new stories published, especially when our members seem to concentrate on only one or two. No criticism, just observation. I'm guilty of it myself.

I would like to tell you there will be new stories Monday but I won't. Just be patient. I don't think they're going anywhere lol
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
Wish Not, thanks for saying what we were all thinking! πŸ˜†
I've been busy lately and expected a huge backlog of new submissions to catch up on today. Think the mods must be taking a break. A well deserved break, that is. πŸ˜‰

Wish Not your vacuum story was one of the first I ever read on here, it may have been the very first. Well it was the first that left a big impression on me, very spooky. Then, few days later, I read 'The Big One' and AAHHHH 😨 I STILL think about that!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
Caz
Not to nit pick but the story Ouija Boards are Not Toys has been up since 15-11-11. I too submitted a story and because my husband goes through my e-mail and empties it once in awhile I have no idea if it's been accepted
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
Wish-Not
I was wondering the same thing myself. Maybe it's because of the holiday. But there have been other times that one group of stories are there for only a few days and others like these that linger for weeks.
I mean l no offence to the moderators I know you get slammed with stories sometimes and other times the story mailbox is empty.
Regards
Red
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
Caz- it is a sharing time. Been doing it myself. Can't get enough of my kids. The only one that doesn't know that they have grown up is me.
Let me invite you to my story. Start from the first, vacuuming thing. Sigh, actually have two more waiting to be published. Crazy life we live
Caz (342 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
No WishNot, I'm sure it's only one week and we don't get new stories at the weekends, so it's only 5 days and given the time of year, everyone's busy, so the mods probably are too! There are thousands of old stories I haven't read yet, so I resort to those if I'm having withdrawal symptoms! 😁
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-29)
Is it me? Or has it been weeks since we have had new stories?...
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Tweed- The only other thing that happened is I got sick while packing and moving. Some kind of crud stuff. Made me feel horrible. I'm not going to contribute that to anything paranormal. But who knows?
Nine of my thirteen stories where about that house. It had never did anything like that before.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Goodness, yeah I remember that now. Why the heck would anyone burn you? I'm speechless, that's absolutely horrible 😒 Did anything nasty happen leading up to it?
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Tweed- It was a couple months ago. You can see on the comments on this story the night it happened. I was throwing a fit. Extremely mad and upset.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Tweed - look several comments down. Wish-Not told us when it had happened.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Wish Not I'm not surprised it burned, it looks like a burn! When did this happen? 😲
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Wish-Not - that is horrible! OMG! That had to have hurt like hell 😒
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
The following are pictures of the burn/scratch that occurred just after I had gone to bed. It burned like the dickens for the whole night and was very tender to the touch for several days afterwards.

I went to the doctor the following day. He did not have a clue what caused it. Seemed quite surprised that it "burned" and not itch. It eventually went away after a week. We searched the bed immediately afterwards but could not find anything.

So, here you go:

Http://s639.photobucket.com/user/nealmike81/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_231528_zpspyn6bfpj.jpg.html?o=0

Http://s639.photobucket.com/user/nealmike81/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_231754-1_zps4mtyy8oj.jpg.html?o=1

Http://s639.photobucket.com/user/nealmike81/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150823_231804-3.jpg.html?o=2
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
If you want the pics to be posted at the same time as the story, you have to let us know when it is submitted as well as replying to the "submission received" e-mail because only Martin can post them. If it's mentioned, we will forward it to him to post. This, however, may take time since he is a busy man and may not get to it for a while.

The same goes for EVP recordings and videos. 😊
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Miracles- When I clicked on your thing I saw everything. Guess that's the way it will come across.

Oh well. I'm going to add a couple more pics and I'll leave links to them.

They are pictures of the burn/scratch marks left on me a couple nights before we moved completely out of the "Fun House". 75% of my stories were from this house. This was the first time it did physical harm. Made me madder than hell.

My guess it wasn't happy we were leaving.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Okay, what I did was click on the picture itself. When it comes up on its own page, copy the address and paste that.

Http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/miracles51031/media/The%20house%20of%20weird_zpspicvdyvq.jpeg.html?o=0
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
I'm trying to just post a pic from that night at the old place. I have been trying to copy and paste but it seems to show the WHOLE page that the picture is on along with the other photobucket profile stuff. Not just the photo.

What am I doing wrong? It gives four options:
Email & IM
Direct
HTML
IMG

Have tried all four but when I test the pasted one out it shows everything, not just the picture 😠 😠
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Tweed - that may explain why some stories have gotten through without the pictures. If they don't say anything in the story about pictures being attached, or any reference at all that they are submitting pictures, we don't know when we are editing that there should be pictures.

Wow, what a long, completely unnecessarily wordy, sentence.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
That's the confirmation email that confirms the story has been received, the auto response email that goes to your inbox a moment after you submit the story. Reply the pics to *this* email.

NOT the email you get when your story's been published. If you reply to that email with pics it's too late, all you'll get is confusion.πŸ˜†

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: