You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: Shadow Man Brings Knowledge

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Man Brings Knowledge

 

Ever since I was about 5 or 6, I used to see this shadow man. I would only see him out of the corner of my eye, so I passed it off as my eyes playing tricks on me.

One day, when I was about 6 or 7, I was sitting in the living room that overlooked my kitchen. I blinked and saw the man standing in the kitchen, looking back at me. He had no face or distinct features. He was just a solid black human-like shape. He never talked or moved. I started crying and, me being the youngest child, my mother told me I saw it because I was mean to my siblings. I quickly cleaned up my act, but I still saw him frequently.

For a while after that incident, I could only see him out of the corner of my eye. However, one night I had a really bad dream that caused me to wake up to sleep with my mom. I was about 8 or 9 at the time. Again, out of the corner of my eye, I saw him standing in the kitchen. However, this time, his head appeared to explode and his face became clear. It looked scary, as I can remember: evil grin, laughing but no sound. It flew in front of my face until I ran past it and jumped on the couch and began screaming for my mom to come out.

She said it wasn't real and laid on the other couch while I watched cartoons. A few minutes later, when she fell asleep, I began to feel something watching me. I looked up and saw a man, the same shape and size as the black figure, wearing a blue tuxedo with red glowing eyes, gel-backed hair, smiling. Upon jumping off the couch, he disappeared. I never saw him again.

One day, years after all of this and the shadow man left my life (or so I thought), I took a nap at my aunt's house at about 4 or 5 in the morning. I awoke, being unable to move or yell for help, shaking and being shoved deep into the couch. Many people I told about this incident passed it off as sleep paralysis, but I knew what it really was.

Although I have not physically seen the shadow man since then, I have felt like I have the ability to see things happen before they actually occur. Not really like visions, but just like stories in the form of dreams.

I see things happen to people, such as someone in my family dying. As little as a week but as long as a month later, the things almost always happen. Still, to this day, I have the ability to foresee the future, to some degree.

Though I have moved many times since then, I have very recently started feeling the man's presence again. Doors that were closed will open, and doors that were open will close. Things I value fall off sturdy shelves, and the doorbell often rings when nobody is there.

When I am very close to falling asleep, I will hear a pounding sound, a grunt, my name being called, or faint whispering that will scare me awake. I know the shadow man is always watching me. But, to this day, I hope I will never have to face him again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SeriouslyConfused, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SeriouslyConfused (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-01)
Thank you guys for your suggestions... I will be sure to try all of these.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
SeriouslyConfused, wow I can't believe your mom lied to you that just so you would clean up your act, that's like saying "you better be good or you will get nothing for Christmas" lol. But anyway, that must've been really scary for you, it makes me wonder why he had appeared in a blue tuxedo and showed red eyes. And now that he is coming back, you have got to do something like cleanse you pr home or try leaving a bible open (it doesn't matter if your religous or not).
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
SeriouslyConfused,

Being sensitive to future events and the other occurrences you mentioned are likely unrelated to the shadow man.
I'm of the opinion that everyone has the ability to tap into 'future knowledge'. Your abilities here sound naturally fine tuned.
Sure the shadow man may have had a small hand in it but it would have been in you to begin with. It comes from you. So give yourself a pat on the back for that. 😊

Also second what Rook said about shadow peeps having varied intents and the importance of trusting your gut feelings.
GoldPhoenix (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Just an advice from someone who became a pro with the subject if you get sleep paralysis again don't panic or fight back as in punching whatever you see is holding you (if you someone/thing is) cause you are only fighting yourself just think "its just seep paralysis" and if you want take 2-3 breaths and use what I call the eject button to escape from this terror xD There you go you just woke up from that crap in seconds like a champ
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
"I started crying and, me being the youngest child, my mother told me I saw it because I was mean to my siblings." I have to admit, and I am slightly ashamed of it, that I smiled at that. Highly effective way to make your child nice to the siblings.

In all seriousness, however, I would take Rook's advice below with the cleansing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+5
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
There are MANY different things a shadow being might be... A spirit that cannot manifest as more than a shodow figure due to energy levels... A spirit of a mean person who is looking to frighten someone... And yes perhaps even a Demon... Their true nature can be felt if one can control ones initial fear.

I suggest you try my Cleasnsing and Shielding Method I have posted on my profile. It may have to be preformed a few times to really have an effect but over time you will have to do it less frequently. Please ask any questions you may have.

Respectfully,

Rook
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
I agree with Ashar123 - these spirits (which are simply unpleasant people who have passed over and are now simply unpleasant spirits) feed of your fear and terror, so remember you are an eternal spirit, part of the Great Spirit and nothing can harm you if you have confidence and love in your heart. Be strong.
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
One of the scariest set of experiences read on this site. Hope that the shadow man soon exits your life however still you should not feel afraid. Just deal with it with bravery. Within past 2 years I had too many experiences and sometimes occasionally these still happen but I never felt afraid.

The more you will feel afraid the more it will terrorise you. Just be brave and take care.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: