You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: The Possession

Real Ghost Stories

The Possession

 

This is a true incident that was told to me by my father. It happened back in 1992.

My mom just got home after giving birth to me. My dad took care of all the household chores as my mom was very weak. I was a week old. My mom's health began to worsen with time and it made my dad worried. He consulted a lot of doctors who deemed it was normal because my mom was anemic. They prescribed a lot of medicines but nothing seemed to work.

One day, early in the morning, my dad got up to go to the bathroom. When he was coming back to the room, he heard someone grunt. He thought my mom was probably sleep talking and didn't pay any attention to it. The grunt continued and then he heard me crying. He rushed to the room only to be filled with terror. What he saw was my mom laying in bed with her hands, legs and head bending outwards, kind of like Emily in the movie "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" and me crying uncontrollably. He froze on the spot. But soon he recovered, picked me up and ran out to call the neighbors for help (we didn't have telephones back in 1992). When the neighbors came, they saw my mom lying there. She had passed out. My father narrated everything to our neighbors who then unveiled the story behind this terrifying incident.

Before us, a family used to live in that house: a guy, his wife and his mother. The guy and his mother were really abusive and they tortured her whenever they pleased. The wife soon became pregnant but the family accused her of carrying someone else's child. She denied it and protested against the accusation laid on her. This made her husband and her mother-in-law furious and they killed her in a fit of rage. They dumped her body somewhere and ran away. The neighbors concluded that my mom must be possessed by the woman's spirit. My dad was a non-believer of anything supernatural, so he dismissed everything they said. But they insisted on calling a tantrik just to be sure.

Couple of days later, the tantrik came. As soon as he entered the house, my mom started acting weird, sneering and hissing at him. At that, he dug an iron nail in the bed near her and she backed away. He then started ordering the entity inside my mom to get out. At first, she refused. But then, the tantrik threw some powder at her, causing her to scream in pain. The tantrik ordered her to get out again and to tell him where she was buried. Reluctantly, she did and left my mom's body. My mom passed out again.

After all this, the tantrik went to the place where she was buried with my dad and our neighbor and burnt her remains. He advised my dad to keep a knife or an iron nail under my mom's pillow, just to make sure nothing happens to her. When my dad inquired about why this happened to her, he said because the lady was pregnant and she was murdered with the child in that house. She wanted a baby and as there was a new born baby (me) in the house, that triggered her to possess my mom. Eventually, she would have killed me and my mom.

After this incident, we left that house and never even went near it. My mom never even knew what happened to her. So, my dad decided to never talk regarding this incident.

I would appreciate any insight you have regarding this incident.

Other hauntings by suman_4141

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, suman_4141, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KaviB (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-25)
This story scared the crap out of me... I pray everything's fine now. This is really scary.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-16)
Hi, Suman scary story! OMG... It's good you are safe... I am feeling very sorry for that poor lady... I don't know why humans are so cruel.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Ankitresearcher- Actually I didn't witness this incident. My dad did. I was only a week old. But yes, I can imagine how horrifying it was for my dad.
Ankitresearcher (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
beautiful story Suman!
Honestly! I have never seen anybody possessed by a ghost but heard many stories.
It might be truly a horrifying sight I guess!
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
Miracles51031- I meant to say that if the story is okay according to the guidelines, it will be published. Sorry, I missed that detail.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
suman_4141 - I understand what you meant in your comment to Sam222; however, I do want to point out that just because a story is submitted doesn't mean it gets published. We have many guidelines we have to adhere to and some stories get returned to the author.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Sam222- I have already submitted a story. It will get published once it gets reviewed. 😊
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Sunman_4141, yeah it must, I mean that's pretty serious and scary knowing that you were going to get killed by her if your dad hadn't called that tantrik. Oh yeah and thanks for sharing your story, do you have any others you are going to share?
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Sam222- It gives me goosebumps just imagining everything my dad went through. 😨
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Suman_4141, jeez possession must be very scary, I hope that I never have to witness something like that. It's a good thing your dad did something about it in time.
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
sushantkar- I think so too. But we never went back to that house so we don't know whether everything is normal or not. 🤔
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Hello suman! I think that house in which you mom and other people suffered is under asylum of some kind of resident evil.
Hope you are doing well now. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Regards
suman_4141 (7 stories) (29 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
DreamOfMe- Thank you for the advice. 😊 Everything is fine now. We do have our share of unexplained scenarios but we know it will work out eventually.
DreamOfMe (9 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
I believe you Bhai. These stuff happens yarr... And it is scary to who ever see this situation 1st hand. Hope everything is well now. If any bad stuff were to happen, chant this words " satya guru shiva om " as much as you can. And say leave us in the name of that mantra. It will help you a lot.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: