You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our Haunted Apartment Unit

Real Ghost Stories

Our Haunted Apartment Unit

 

Last August 2014, me and my wife decided to move to an old but cheap apartment here in Manila, Philippines. The unit that we rented is really old, but fully furnished, with one room and just 500m away from the manufacturing plant where I am working.

By the way, I am working as an Engineer while my wife is a plain housekeeper. We have no kids yet, therefore most of the time; she is alone at home while I'm working.

On the first night of stay at our new home, I woke up at around 11:30 PM and saw a woman standing at the foot of our bed, I can't clearly see her face because the room is very dark and the only thing clear to me was her dress, she was wearing an old Spanish dress. At first I thought it was my wife because she normally gets up at night to drink water, so I called the woman by my wife's name several times but she did not respond. I looked beside me and to my surprise I saw my wife sleeping! And when I looked back to the figure I saw at the foot of our bed, it was already gone. I got really scared and I immediately woke up my wife, told her what I saw.

I tried to move on from that experience but it really bothered me for several weeks, I just forced my mind to think that it was just a dream or I just hallucinated.

But after a month of stay, we still experienced weird things like broken mirrors, scattered things, turning on/off of lights, shower and TV by itself.

Our Haunted Apartment Unit

But the most recent experience we had, made us decide to leave our apartment:

My wife has a home business of buying "girl clothes" at the market and selling it online. One afternoon while I was still at work, my wife was taking pictures of herself and modeling for the clothes she is planning to sell. She set the timer of her cell phone to 5 seconds and decided to take pictures (front and back). But after checking the first picture, she noticed two ghostly fingers on the right side of her hair. She got really scared and ran to our neighbor's house and stayed there until I came home. (I am going to send the picture through email for the readers to see. This picture was taken using Samsung Galaxy Mega)

We showed the picture to our neighbors and friends but no one can offer a logical explanation.

After this incident, we immediately packed our things and decided to leave the house. Up to this day, we never really knew the history of that haunted apartment.

Other hauntings by JaniBoy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JaniBoy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-26)
just keeping the story up:)

Just an update; we are now living in a province far from manila and my wife is still haunted by ghosts in pictures. I'll upload them soon.
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-19)
I also forgot to mention this in my story. This happened while we were out of the house for a short vacation. Our neighbor arrived from work at around 11:00 PM and saw a woman peering through our window. At first, he thought that we have a visitor but when he knocked on our door he was surprised that it is locked and there's nobody in the house. He told me this after we came back from our vacation.
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
Hi tweed, thanks for taking time to read my story, the clothes that my wife was wearing doesn't have tags because those are second hand clothes that she buys in the market and sells them online. Yeah, the "fingers" resemble different things and at second glance it really does look like a rope knot 😁.

Btw, try to save the picture and zoom it in, we tried it and we saw something that looked like a face just above her left shoulder. I'm not sure if you guys can see it.

Hi JeanTamang, we never attempted to communicate with the spirit who is bothering us, but I think the spirit in that apartment was not a good one. I heard several stories from our neighbors about our apartment being haunted. And there was one time when we have to leave the house for a holiday vacation, we were gone for several days and when we returned home, ALL (and I mean all) of our mirrors were broken and our bathroom soaps scattered on the floor like someone just ran amuck.
JeanTamang (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
omg that's scary. Two finger on the photo my god and did you try to contact to the sprite because it seem like it was trying to contact you or it want to take picture lol. Next time when you try to buy appartment 1st try to kno the history about the appartment. Sorry my english is little rusty
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
Hi Janiboy, what an odd apparition.

Could there have been a label or price tag sticking out from the neckline of the top?
That's the only explanation I got. But I'm sure your wife would have thought of that.
I sort of had to stare at it for a minute to see what everyone got as fingers. It looks like some kind of rounded blobby shape

Oh My God.

Ok really really glad you moved out because I just took another look while I was typing the above and now I can only see it as the knot of a rope noose.

Really creeped out now. Glad your wife spent that day with the neighbours. 😨

Err yeah, after all that I can also see what you mean about the fingers.
JaniBoy (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
hi guys, first of all my apologies for using the term "plain housekeeper" I guess I was too focused on the story that I did not notice the words I used. What I meant was a homemaker or a housewife.

With regards to the picture, my wife was not wearing any hairclips, earrings, scarfs or headbands when the picture was taken.

[at] Winipu4: the quality of pictures from the samsung galaxy mega becomes a bit blurred when uploaded to a computer. But I can swear with my life that no editing was done.
Kshaya_SL (4 stories) (13 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
OMG those 2 fingers... 😨...don't know what will be my reaction if that happened to me... 😨 😨
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Hello:

It is very strange and definitely noteworthy. I am a retired military photographer, and always look for scientific or plausible explanations. Unless she was wearing a scarf with a knot or had a scrunchie that was still stuck to her hair, it is unexplainable. Also around the anomaly it seems to be a bit foggy, as well as above her right shoulder.
Yes, I must admit I also cringed with the "plain housekeeper" description. Sorry. Caregiving for a breadwinner can be exhausting, believe it or not. It takes time and energy to cook, clean, wash clothes and linens, make beds, and attend to the emotional needs of one's spouse even without children. I think a better description may be "a homemaker with a small online business". Any of us that have ever assumed this role know the challenges of doing for others all too well.
I'm sure you are both happy that you moved. It sounds like you had a whole lot of activity in one short month. Good thing it was a rental that you were able to get out of. Thank you for sharing your story and photo.
Blessings,
Lynev
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Well, that is a bit creepy. It does indeed look like two fingers in her hair, with both her arms quite obviously next to her side.

Was she wearing any earrings, anything that could have blurred or reflect or caused any form of strange effect?
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
An easy thing for pictures is just upload to photobucket and paste a link in the comments.

Looking forward to seeing it.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
Neat story and can't wait to see the pictures. I have to admit I cringed when you said "...while my wife is a plain housekeeper" lol I'm sure you didn't mean any offense, still made me cringe. 🤔
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
*No picture was attached. If it comes through later, admin will have to add it in.*

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: