You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little One

Real Ghost Stories

Little One

 

I'm a sixteen year old from Sunny California I have been able to see the unexplainable, as many people say, since my first days on this planet. There has been many events that have happened in my life involving the supernatural but it all comes down to how it all started.

Raised by a young couple, my parents were not able to get a place to live as they were 17 years of age, so we lived with my grandparents. They live in the older home that was built in the 1970s. It was one of the few on the block at the time but as time progressed more houses were added on.

When I was a few months old my family was throwing a party and as usual the music was loud. I was sleeping in my room and suddenly started to cry (you know babies). My mom went to the room to check on me but saw that someone was there with me and I stopped crying and went back to bed. She didn't think much of it since she has 4 sisters and believed it were to be one of them.

The next day passed and they were eating at the dinner table and my mom brought up to her sisters, thanks for putting melissa back to sleep, I'm not sure who it was. They didn't know what she was talking about and then she began to worry. Who was in the room with me that night! No one goes into the rooms during parties at my grandparents' house due to respect. And there was no one else there that was around the same age of who my mom saw, other than her sisters that night.

As time progressed my mom began to worry about me. I would be laughing as if someone were there with me making faces and such but there was no one around. She began to wonder if I was able to see spirits.

The longer we stayed in that house the more events would occur and my family would see this little girl more and more often.

My uncle was spending the night in our house one night and fell asleep in the living room. He woke to someone saying "hello". He thought nothing of it but then he saw a little girl in the kitchen. He sat up confused and then shocked to see the little girl popped her head out front the corner of the wall and once again as to play hide and seek. My uncle got his things and left.

Fast forwarding it to the most recent event...

I was sleeping in my bed one night and was woken up for some strange reason. I got up to go to the restroom and when I was passing by the hallway I saw the little girl standing at the end of the hallway just staring. I was confused but didn't question it since I have seen her before and was used to her appearances.

Many minor events continued to go on during that week and on the last day I saw her it was the last time until this present day. I was laying in my bedroom about to go to bed when I felt someone sit on the bed. I didn't think much of it, maybe it's my mom about to tell me to go to bed. When I looked up there was nobody sitting there but there was an indent on my bed near my knee as if someone was sitting on that spot. I was so much in shock I turned over to go to sleep but was unable to so I laid there staring at the ceiling and that's when I heard her say my name. I looked at the doorframe and there she was. I was unable to move, I just lay there frozen and passed out strangely.

I woke up in the morning not knowing what had happened, I told my mom of that strange night and when she got home later that day from work she told me she was told some shocking news.

My mom had this friend that worked with her that was a medium she would always tell people many things about their loved ones but had never spoken to my mom about anything supernatural. But that day she asked my mom if she had a daughter my mom said "yes". And that's when she told my mom about the little girl that had died in the house. The little girl had been home when a fire started, she went to all the rooms in the house looking for her mom that she thought was sleeping but couldn't seem to find her. She had gotten burned in the fire and unfortunately did not make it.

She was really attached to me and to this day I cannot truly pinpoint why. Was it because I can see the supernatural or because I was someone that was there so she can play with?

We pray that she has passed on and can finally cross over to be free.

To this present day I have not seen her or heard her...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, melissa1122, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
Hi Melissa,

The impression I got about the girl's attachment to you is down to your sensitivity and your age at the times you experienced her. She probably sees you as a friend or sister figure.

I'm glad you haven't experienced much from her since. From a personal experience with a child ghost I learned that sometimes (not always) they want someone to keep them company. This can be endearing and sometimes it's innocent. But some child ghosts can get clingy and quickly get annoying.
They are, after all, children and children need guidance.

I don't think she meant to scare you that night, I think she was just being clingy. Probably lonely too.

It sounds like your prayers have done the trick and given her the means to find her own peace. 😊

If you ever see her again, don't worry, she sounds pretty harmless.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
melissa,
I'm a bit confused by some things in your story. Now, it could be just me being over-tired from work and misreading what you say, but if you were use to seeing this girl and interacting (playing) with her, why did she freak you out when she stood in your doorway?
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
Faith- Good point! I didn't realize that when I first read it! Thanks for pointing that out:D
faith1986 (23 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-10)
I may be incorrect, but I got the impression that the "aunts" may have been younger than her mother. She said in the beggining that her parents were only 17 so they lived with her grandparents, and it seemed to me that the other sisters might have been younger. Sorry I hope I am not stepping on toes, I just figured I would offer my opinion and maybe if I am right about their ages then others will understand it a little better 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-09)
This is quite interesting.

It would make sense that she was attached to you because she wanted to play.

However, that doesn't explain the person over the crib. One would think that would be a full sized human and not a little girl to make your mother think it was an aunt of yours checking on you. That still seems to be an unanswered mystery.

Did you ever uncover any evidence of a fire in the home? If her clothes were from a long while back, it sadly was not uncommon for children to die of natural causes rather often.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: