You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Lifelong Haunting In Florida

Real Ghost Stories

A Lifelong Haunting In Florida

 

I've lived in the house I live in now literally since I was born, it's the only place I've ever lived. And since I was a little girl, I've had experiences here, but I won't talk about ALL of them in this story or it would be 100 pages long! I can tell you that when Anton my fiancée moved in to my house the activity became much more severe. It's kind of like whatever is here was used to me, but when Anton moved in it got really territorial or something!

Before he came, stuff would happen but nothing really frightening. Mainly I'd see shadows and stuff. My mom would hear children playing and giggling in my bedroom when I wasn't home, and my dad told me he saw 'boxy black shadows' in the kitchen. I saw a silhouette that looked like a man in a tall hat with 2 women on either side of him, in my living room. Didn't scare me though, they were just having a good time it seemed like! I think that was something residual.

Probably because of growing up in a haunted house, I've always had a bit of a fascination with the paranormal. It both scares the crap out of me and fascinates me! Anton, though, wanted nothing to do with anything paranormal and he'd get upset at me if I even tried talking about it. I think he had a bad experience before, when he was a kid. Anyways, not long after he moved in, activity, which kind of comes and goes in this house, picked up with a vengeance. Banging on the walls, voices when no one else was home, stuff getting thrown, you name it.

I was in the living room one time with Anton and he was on the other side of the room from where I was standing, folding laundry. And I'd felt something thwack my back, and I turned around and saw a red towel on the floor behind me. My fiancée was engrossed in his computer game and I know it wasn't him that threw it. And it was only me and him in the house at that time. We'd see weird bluish lights, too, that had no identifiable source to them, usually in the kitchen area. Anton swears a glass candle holder got thrown at him. I saw the broken glass all over the floor but I didn't actually see it get thrown.

The scariest experience Anton and I had was one night when I went to bed, before him. He'd been laying on the couch in the living room, at about 1 or 2 in the morning, watching T.V. And I went to bed. I then woke up because I heard a very loud bang come from the wall in my room, behind my bed. And when I woke up, Anton was sitting on the floor at the foot of the bed. I'm like "What was that?! And why are you in here sitting on the floor, I thought you were watching your show?" He goes "You heard that, too?" Uh, yeah, I'd have to have been deaf not to.

Then he told me what happened to him out in the living room. Evidently he'd had the lights off and was watching his favorite show and he saw something weird out the corner of his eye, and when he looked he saw what looked like faces coming out of the wall. Sounds overdramatic I know, but he swore on his life he was telling the truth and I'd heard 1 other person say they'd seen that, too, in my living room. An ex friend of mine who spent the night before at my house, June.

He was scared to death, and ran in my bedroom, but he'd sat on the floor because he didn't want to wake me. That was when the banging on the wall started! Anton said it'd gone on for 10 minutes before I woke up. So I was pretty freaked out after that, but I somehow managed to fall back asleep, and Anton went to bed, too.

I should mention he talks in his sleep- A LOT. Normally I'll just sit there and listen to him talk and then go back to bed. He woke me up talking, as usual. Nothing new there! But then he started to get really agitated and he kept talking and trying to tell me something but I couldn't understand what he was saying.

Suddenly, it was like something had gotten in between me and him, and it literally grabbed him and threw him! He flew out of the bed and hit the wall next to the bed, and whacked his head on my nightstand. I started screaming, and he was awake now and understandably pretty freaked out.

My fiancée's 6- foot- 2 and 200 pounds. I'm only 5- foot- 6 and about 140. I couldn't have thrown him like that if my life depended on it! He flew off that bed like someone had shoved him and he hit that wall with a lot of force. He actually chipped some of the plaster off the wall!

Yeah, it was a terrifying night, and I always sleep with the lights on now.

Also the night after that, we both heard something weird. We heard what sounded like something being dragged down the hall, only it sounded like whatever it was, it was being dragged over leaves. It was a kind of rustling, dragging sound. Only obviously there's no foliage in our hallway! So I'm going to guess that too was probably something residual.

Our house isn't particularly old: it was built in the early 1970's. I think the residual part of it might be connected to the land, not the house, because those silhouettes I saw in my living room when I was a little girl, having a good time and listening to music and dancing- the music and talking is what had woken me up- were dressed in really poufy, old- fashioned dresses and the guy had on a suit and top hat. Definitely not 70's- style clothes. Much older!

There are a lot of theories about why my house is haunted, but I think it's definitely the land, because many other people who live in my area in Florida, who I know, are also experiencing paranormal activity in their homes.

I think I might also have or have had a poltergeist. Possibly. At least, that would explain a lot: like why stuff would mainly happen when I was scared or angry. When me and my fiancée would fight, that's when he'd most likely get things thrown at him, or hear me calling to him after I'd left the house and it was just him there.

Recently not a whole lot has been happening. As I said, it comes in waves. Sometimes nothing at all will happen for months or even years. I heard that in the spirit world they don't experience time passing the way we do... So it's like, something will happen every single day for a month- then nothing will happen for a year. It's very strange!

Actually my dad passed away not that long ago, and I believe he's here, protecting me, so that could also be why nothing scary has happened in so long. It gives me peace to know he is here, watching over me, not gone.

His walking cane was out in the garage, and then, last December, I went out in the living room to get something and his cane was in there, by the Christmas tree! Nobody had touched it in months. I guess dad was letting me know he was there, celebrating the holidays with me.

So, I don't think my house will ever not be haunted. I don't know exactly why it is or what happened there, but I feel safe with my dad watching over me. And at least my poor fiancée hasn't gotten anything else thrown at him lately!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Angeli, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-04-27)
Stardustedluna - you stated you are going to submit this comment as a story. It would be better that way rather than sharing an experience on someone else's story. And please, when submitting your story, make sure you read the guidelines. Thank you.
Angeli (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Thanks, and yes, Ashar123, I know my dad is here protecting me. My dad and me were always very close and I've no doubt he's watching over me from the other side. WiniPu4, I will definitely do that if activity should start again! And yeah, I believe what you say is true, that possibly Anton could've brought something with him, when he moved in. He did let on to me that he had some frightening experiences with the paranormal at his old house when he was a kid. I recently talked to a psychic that told me I have a great- grandparent that I've never even met, who died before I was even born, who watches over me here in this house. I believe that, yes, when Anton first came here, whatever was here perceived him as some kind of threat, and that's why the activity picked up the way it did when he moved in. But he's been here for 3 and a half years now, and I guess he's proven he's not a threat! Because nothing else scary has happened in a long time. And true, I think my dad looks after us both, because Anton didn't really have a dad growing up, and MY dad was kind of the only real father- figure he had. It's so nice to know he's not gone and he's still watching over us.
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-12)
Hello:

Even though you have always experienced activity in your house, it sounds like the energy changed when Anton came. Have you considered that maybe Anton brought something along with him? Or, maybe whatever entity is there is protective over you and thought they were punishing Anton whenever you & he argued. Maybe they have now grown accustomed to his presence and have piped down, or maybe it is your father making sure they don't bother either of you. If either of you experience anything unpleasant again, you can always ask for your father's help or do a home blessing/cleansing.
Kind Regards,
Lynev
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-11)
He is your father who is protecting you from that devil. I hope you never encounter things of that sort in the near future again.

A very nice story straight away going into my favourites. Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: