You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Attached Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

An Attached Spirit

 

I come from a long line of empaths so for me seeing ghosts is a normal, if not natural thing. But, this is the first time I had ever met an evil ghost. I believe it has attached itself to me.

I move around a lot, for various reasons, and this same sort of thing (only not as bad) happened in the last city but I am fairly certain that I took care of that problem. Two days ago I was studying and concentrating on a book in my lap when a saw something white out of the corner of my eye, after the second or third time I saw it I got up but saw there was nothing around (specifically nothing white that I could have imagined moving. And then earlier tonight I was walking from the kitchen to the dining room when I heard kind of a scuffle sound behind me. I turned half way and, out of the corner of my eye again, saw something white run at me and then I felt a tug at my hair at first I chalked it up to exhaustion or my hair getting snagged on something but then I felt cold and queasy.

I am very sure that this is a ghost but as this is the first time I've encountered such a powerful, malicious, spirit I'm at a loss at how to deal with it. It also might be worth mentioning that this isn't the first time I've seen a ghost in this house but the other ghost I saw was one that I've become comfortable with and regard as my guardian (I always saw it as a child and when I continued to see it as I got older I realized it wasn't an imaginary friend.) Does anyone have any suggestions? (Short of an exorcist...)

Other hauntings by ZombieHugs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ZombieHugs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Ari, please ignore gold phoenix. He's just a troll, and his comments never last long.
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
A nice story, thanks for sharing.

And goldphoenix, if you cannot post anything good then please don't post even disgusting stuff too. You may decline 1, 2 or even 3 experiences but cannot do this to all around 15000 experiences posted on this site. Sorry to say that this site is not for you.
ZombieHugs (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Thank you all for commenting. I have performed a ritual cleansing and haven't experienced anything in two days so I'm really hoping it worked!Tweed, now that I think about it a bird sounds extremely possible.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Thought of something else about this story and have a question.
Could it be a bird or bird like entity?
Fast moving etc, hair snagged could be something fly past you.
Because you're an empath your feelings might be that of a scared and frantic bird.
Just a thought.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Dear GoldPhoenix,
I would have welcomed you to YGS, but you don't seem to care about such "frivolities",do you!
FYI, this is a place where people come to share much more than just stories of ghosts.
So,with due respect to your SP episodes and all similar stuff, and more so because of your experiences, we expect you to be civilized in the expression of your opinions in the comments.
The other way is, simply ignore our existence and go on with your "world".
Hope you get my point.

Regards
Timfaraos (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
See my prophile for advice on how to get rid of spirits, that I posted on sister websites.
smwhrinwndrlnd97 (2 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
I would try smudging to begin with. Use smudge sticks with things like sage, cedar, lavender, and sweetgrass. At the very least sage. You can buy them in bundles, or you can burn them in a bowl. Use the underside of a feather to fan out the smoke in the east, south, west, north, up, and down. Do this around the property. You can say prayers/blessings from any faith while you do so, or command that negative entities/energy vacate the premises, so to speak. However, as you said you think it's followed you, this may not work in the long run. It should at least temporarily banish the entity from your home. If you move again, or it comes back, you'll have to try something stronger, and that will probably be based on whatever beliefs you hold, be it an exorcism or, say, a spell or mojo bag.

I hope this helps at least a little, and that no harm comes to you, and that this thing leaves you alone. Take care! ❤
elnoraemily (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
I would look into a cleansing or blessing. Some fit certain beliefs, so perhaps one that works into your faith?

If not, a member here named Rook has a great one.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Hi there ZombieHugs, that's a great name!

Sorry your going through a negative haunt. I'll spare you the usual 'look for rational explanations' spiel, sounds like you got that covered. 😊

You're probably aware of protection and cleansing rituals I'm guessing? If not definitely look into them, there's some on this site.
I'm currently going through a similar thing (my first negative experience too) so I know how confronting it feels. Don't know about you, but I never thought it'd ever happen to me.

It's great you're aware of a guardian and I get the impression you can communicate with him or her. I highly recommend asking this guardian to help you keep the peace. For example you could ask them to spend a bit more time at your place, during times the negativity is most active.

As you described it as white and fast moving I wondered if it could be an animal ghost. That doesn't explain your hair, but like you said you could have snagged your hair on something and put the two together because of the timing.

Just wanted to throw that possibility out there.

But really I would keep following what your gut is telling you and get rid of it.
You mentioned moving around a lot. There is a possibility it's the same thing which has followed you multiple places. Definitely look into cleansing.
Take care, hope this helps.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: