You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Snake Man

Real Ghost Stories

The Snake Man

 

This event happened sometime after my story: The glowing fire eyes.

About 1 year after I had that encounter with the glowing fire eyes my mum decided to admit herself into a drug rehabilitation program as she was using illegal intravenous drugs. I have never seen any evidence of this as she kept it hidden from me. I was about fourteen to fifteen at this time.

While she was in rehab I was to stay with my grandparents with my younger brother and sister. My sister slept in my nan's room on an old fold out single bed that looked like it was from the 1950's and my brother and I had to share a room with two single beds in it.

My grandparent's had bought the house and the twenty five acres that sat behind the house about ten years prior to us living there and they had done numerous alterations and home improvements. At that time the house was a red brick house with small square windows and newly polished floor boards. The walls were painted bright white and nan had beautiful curtains and a pull down blind that if you let go quickly it would fling back up and spin around the hanger.

I am now 30 and my whole childhood up until now I've felt uneasy in that house. I just feel a negative feeling that is usually accompanied with a feeling of dread or anxiety. I have never talked to anyone in my family about this as my family are somewhat religious and I did not want to alarm or scare them. For some strange reason though, when I have people in the house with me I don't feel uneasy.

One night my brother didn't come home from school as it was agreed that he could stay at a friend's house. My brother was very athletic when we were kids and he used to participate in basketball competitions. I assume the stay had something to do with his basketball practice, although I am not sure as my memory is fading a bit. I was excited at the thought of having the room to myself as I would have to wait for my brother to fall asleep before I could get up to teenage boy stuff (I will not elaborate on this TMI trust me.)

Back then we didn't have the internet or smartphones so I used to listen to the radio and record songs off the radio onto tape. I decided to go to bed early and tucked myself in around eight or nine o'clock. I have never been the kind of person to have trouble sleeping so I went straight to sleep. I woke up to a breathing sound that what I can only describe as someone with end stage lung failure. The breath in was raspy and laboured and the breath out was equally dreadful. I lay there in terror on my back listening to it for about five minutes, then after that time I had gotten some courage and I sat up and looked over the bed and onto the floor. What I saw still haunts me today!

I saw a snake the size of a man who was blacker than black. My room was dark as I had the lights off but I could see it because it was darker than the darkness of my room. It also had arms and legs and seemed to be trying to slither but was twisting and writhing in pain on the floor. The horrible breathing kept on and I looked at the thing for a few seconds and then sat up and put my back to the wall and pulled my legs up to my chest and I started praying in my head. "someone help me, please God!" over and over.

Then all of a sudden I felt like I was lying on the beach on a hot summers day. I felt warm all over and the feeling was accompanied with bliss. The only way I can describe it, is the feeling you get just after sex. I felt totally at peace and sat there with this feeling until I had realized that the snake thing and the breathing had gone.

After that I was shaking and was having a hard time moving so I decided to go and have a shower. After the shower I slept with a small lamp on and have continued to sleep with a light on if I am alone in the room.

Any thoughts or comments will be appreciated and thank you for reading my story.

Other hauntings by terranigma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, terranigma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aisyah1987 (2 stories) (31 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-04)
This is so scary omg!

I think I would have peed in my pants!
I hope it doesn't come back anymore.

Too freaky!

Please read some prayers before you go to sleep and ask God to protect your family and yourself always.

Just afraid that the spirit might resurface easily, now that you can see it!

Good Luck!

Aisyah
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-14)
In our Indian folklore, we have a mythical shape-shifting serpent creature known as ' Ichhadhari Nag'. It could be both male and female. This creature was originally a venomous snake which could take the form of any living thing, but preferred to be in the form of a human being.
But as mentioned above, it is just a myth and they don't exist in real world.

Regards
terranigma (9 stories) (71 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Thank you everyone for your comments. I haven't said anything about the snake thing to anyone but I did mention I see spirits in the house sometimes and it was laughed off.

My family is religious to a point but they don't go to church or read the Bible or anything like that.

And I never noticed any eyes but it was facing away from me. Also if it had stood up or tried to communicate with me I think I would have died from a heart attack!

I'm not sure what it was but I categorise it in the shadow people category as I've seen small dark blobs that dart across the floor to full-sized humanoid shapes to the shape of a cat or four legged creature. I understand that they can shape-shift as well but that is only stuff I have been reading off the Web.

Thanks again everyone and I have loads more stories to share with you.
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Hello. Now that was something I would call creepy. I wonder what would've happened if the creature stood up and looked right into your eyes when it notices you. I'm not going to go that far. Pardon my extraordinary imagination. 😆 No doubt, you were really brave to have lived through that. Have you ever spoken to your family members about this incident? Thanks to the prayers! Thank you.
-Shady.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Hi Terrenigma,

Gosh what an ordeal!
Perhaps your family being somewhat religious has something to do with that snake. Not to say you yourself fit that category but if it was in the air while you were growing up and especially in this house it may have erupted that night. (A night you were maybe looking forward to some 'alone time' if you get my drift.)
If it were me I'd chalk it up to a negative presence which had extreme hang ups about carnal urges. (uergh creepy!)

Clearly those prayers worked some magic.

After that night did the feeling of unease still persist in that house while you were alone? Or did they vanish all together?
WiniPu4 (207 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-13)
Hello:
Now THAT is creepy! You obviously took the correct course of action since it went away. I have no idea which type on non-human entity this could be, but I think it's safe to say that it probably would have frightened most of us as well. If I saw something like that in my home I'd probably go straight to a priest or some type of exorcist. Eeek!
Maybe someone else here knows what it could be?
Blessings,
Lynev

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: