You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Figure

 

There were many times when I have came face to face with a ghost. In my old house I used to always see this ghost looking figure in my hallway. My family used to always bring up ghost stories about the house, but I didn't pay it any attention because I thought that was the past. But one day I was in the living room watching tv when this flash of light ran across the hall.

So I jumped up and went towards the door getting ready to run outside because I thought someone has broken into my house and was trying to do me something, but I never left the house. Than this strange looking thing ran across the hall again. I only could see his bottom and never could see his top, only his legs was visible and the rest of its body was invisible.

I asked my mother what's this strange looking figure that runs across the hall at times? She asked how did it look. Than I explained it to her and than she said that's the same figure that she always use to see at times and that she never discover what is it or why do it appears. I thought I was the only one seeing this kind of ghost, but when I started asking more people in my house have they ever seen such thing before, they all said yes their have and they just wanted to keep it to themselves. So this strange figure been a mystery since this day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sense, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
Hi Sense,
Good point Bellissima. I have never heard of this "the dead come back for a slap" and if it were true, I think we would have experienced it by now! I do not think the retelling of a story brings you to a place in life where you will be bombarded with beings struggling to be heard over one another.
With that said...
My son, (and you would have to know my son or about him to know how special he is) also sees a man who runs through the dining room in our home. All that is visible on him are his legs, clad in dark "uniform type" pants and work boots. When I asked my son if he could ask this man to materialize more as he was scaring my son, he said he could not do that as he was not yet strong enough. That may be the reason this being only showed half of itself to you too.
Just a thought there. Thanks for sharing your story.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-24)
Hi, Sense. I've never heard that telling your experiences brings on more experiences. All of us here on YGS would be too haunted to ever submit or make comments if that were true! Don't worry, I think you'd be safe if you told your stories! We'd love to hear your others too! Thanks for sharing your story with us, looking forward to more.
Sense (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
Hi all, I really don't have any history of the house and if I were to ask someone about it, they wouldn't know either. My grandmother past and also my grandfather. They were the only ones living there and my mother was very small. I have many more real stories. But someone told me the more you express your stories to people the more you will get haunted. Anyone ever heard of "The Dead Come Back For A Slap" ?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
Thank you for sharing your story. Welcome. Do you know anything about the history of the house.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
What more can I add other than my own welcome! Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-23)
Dear Sense,

Welcome to YGS, and our ghostly crew of characters such as myself included! :)

This ghostly uninvited guest half flashing you may well have been a previous owner or resident of the old house you and your family used to live in. For future reference, if you have another such ghostly encounter you may wish to research the history and public deed records of the house and residents. You may also wish to interview residents who may be able to tell you stories about the house and who lived in it.

The ghost may have been partially manifesting in order to conserve energies or it was unable to extract enough energy to become a full apparition or ghostly being. If it had a sense of humor or liked to scare others when alive, it is quite possible the ghost may have been showing itself partially just as a joke or a good scare to those who witnessed him or her at the time.

I think sometimes we may not find answers to all of our questions, but our experiences give us fuel to our passions to find out more about life and about the paranormal. It is our quest to know more that keeps us on our journey of ghostly and paranormal discovery. Welcome, Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: