You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Friend's Hard Time

Real Ghost Stories

A Friend's Hard Time

 

My best friend in the world (Abi*) and I have known each other since birth. I actually went to the hospital and saw her the day after she was born (Of course I don't really remember because I was only eight months old at the time.) She and I are closer than any of my eight other family members to this day.

There was a time in Abi's life that was the most difficult. Her father, the best man in the world!, had cancer in his esophagus. After his surgery, he couldn't eat solid foods for a couple months, but after his throat healed, the doctors thought he was ok. That is until blood started coming out when he used the bathroom. Then they discovered that he had cancer in his liver and several other places in his body.

Abi, of course, took all this very hard. Her parents were constantly on the road, looking for clinics that could try and cure him. Abi ended up staying with me on and off for a couple months. Her main place to stay, though, was her parents friends, Cindi* and Dwight*. They had a bedroom for her and everything.

One night, Abi had this horrible dream. Her dad was lying in a hospital bed. He told her he was dying. She asked if it was the cancer. He said no, I don't have lungs anymore. Of course, Abi woke up bawling and confused.

It was a snow day that day and she called me at 9am and told me about the dream. (She was staying with Cindi and Dwight at the time because her parents were in Minneapolis.) I told her not to worry. Her dad would be home that day and everything would be fine. She told me she didn't think so in the saddest voice she's ever used. I secretly agreed with her.

A couple hours later my mom told me the news. Abi's dad had died. In a shaky, hushed voice I asked if it was cancer that killed him. She said No. It was all the radiation in his body from chemotherapy. It caused his lungs to literally flatten and fail.

Abi called me later that night on her way to Minneapolis. She and I talked for four hours about random stuff. We only talked once about her dad, and then she said she'd rather not think about it. So we just joked with each other, laughing until tears came down our eyes, Abi the same Abi as always even after the loss.

A few days later when she came home, she told me about another dream. Her father was on a giant stage (he loved theater and acted in many many plays around the area) acting as the Cowardly Lion from Wizard of Oz. He looked over at Abi in the middle of his solo, winked, and told her he was fine now. He told her he was sorry about her other dream, but he needed to warn her. He told her he loved her, and she woke up.

Sorry, I know this story is kind of long. But I had to share it. Thanks for your time.

Resa

*not real names

Other hauntings by resamac

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, resamac, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Eclipse2000 (1 stories) (68 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-21)
I love your story and that is sad, but at the same time very, very happy. ~~Eclipse2000 ❤ ❤ 😁
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-09-01)
resa love this story of your friend Abi and her father. Thank you for sharing it here. ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-27)
resamac, this was a beautiful story. Thank you. I believe that the love of Abi's Dad could not be held back, even in this, the hardest point in his life. The wonderful thing about it is, he was no longer in pain or suffering as he showed her in the final dream you told about. Thank you.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
I really loved that story. It is similar to my oldest daughter's dreams of her Papa. My Dad(Papa) has come to her in her dreams and talks to her, he died of cancer in January of this year. 😢 I am sorry for you and your friends loss. It is comforting to know that they are ok on the other side.
😊 Thanks for the wonderful story. -Shelby ❤
resamac
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. I've only told one or two other of my friends, and both times they thought Abi and I were going crazy. It made me a little sad that they didn't see the comfort it gave us.
It's nice to know people will accept her dreams in a positive way.
God Bless Everyone ❤
~Resa 😉
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
I love it. A similar thing happened to me in dreams when I was in high school. Very cool.

Thanks!
Annie (202 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
What a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing it with us. It just goes to show that our loved ones do communicate with us, even after passing on, to let us know that they're okay. I hope your friend found great comfort from her dreams.
siddharth (4 stories) (37 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
It was a touching story and I think that you should not hide your real names because we all trust you and we are with you(atleast I am).I'm sorry for the unbearable loss of your friend. But remember... After every dark night, bright day will surely come.

May God Bless you all!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
What a beautiful story. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I am sorry for you and your friends loss. I am certain with your stability as a friend and her fathers ability to let her know he was okay, she will be fine.

God Bless!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-23)
No real names needed. Loved ones do let us know in mysterious ways that they are thinking about us. Sometimes they come to us in our dreams as this is a time when we are most open to them. Sometimes they manifest themselves to us. But either way, it is usually to tell us how much they love us and that they are fine. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: