You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Lady's Bedroom

Real Ghost Stories

The White Lady's Bedroom

 

I don't live there anymore and I'm not sure if I believe in it. In my family there are 7 of us and we used to live in this 2 storey house. This house was situated in a cul-de-sac (which many people believe to be where most ghosts would haunt as it is a 'dead-ended' road for them). Anyway, so we lived in this house for about 3 years and several times I have been left alone there, which I hadn't minded.

One particular bedroom in the whole house is by far the best room and my sisters and I had all fought over it when we first moved in. Anyway, my oldest sister ended up taking it. The reason why it was the best room was because it was where the sun hit first, the room was always warm even during winter and the smell of the flowers that sits right below the windows wafts into the room giving it the pleasant smell and feel. I was in the room adjacent to it; it was usually cold and dry and would only be warm if the sun was coming in it.

So, the first few months, when I would be home alone, I would hear creaking upstairs which is normal... If someone was upstairs walking around. I never thought much of it and dismissed it. But every time I was alone in that house I would always hear the squeaking of the floorboards underneath the carpet and the noise would particularly be right above the living room and right above the living room was the 'best bedroom'. For months I would hear it even if everyone was home but we were all downstairs. I never thought much of it and decided it's just probably rats between the floorboards or whatever.

So months go by and I started to feel like I was never really alone in the house and I always felt like someone was there. But I seriously never dwell on those thoughts simply because, well ghosts eh whatever. I can't say I've ever really seen one, I've heard stories though. So anyway, after 2 years in the house my parents divorced which meant we needed another person to help with paying rent.

My sisters and I switched rooms and what not and made the 'best bedroom' available for rent. The woman who had rented it from us was a German girl who was very religious. She was quiet and kept to herself and was very involved with our local church. In her room (a day I was alone in the house and decided to peak) it was cold and dark - as she kept her curtain closed most of the time - and she had rosary beads hung up on the wall. Since she had moved, I had stopped hearing the creaky floorboards from the living room, instead I started hearing them from all over the house and it always sounded like someone coming out of one of the bedrooms. Still I dismissed the noises and thought nothing of it.

We stayed in the house for another year then finally moved again. We drove past it once and decided we wanted to just check it out. My mum had her friend with us (who claims to have a 'third-eye') and told us that there is a white lady looking out the window (of the best bedroom) and was looking at us. We looked at the window and saw no one but can see that the room was filled with sunlight and we noticed that the flowers were as beautiful as ever.

These small white flowers were always fully blossomed and never seemed to shrivel up even during winter. We never watered them or cared for them, as we didn't think it was necessary.

I've never looked at the house the same and only does it make sense now that a ghost could have been there, the noises, the lovely smell, the warmth and really the overall oddness of the room. I always felt like someone was looking at me whenever I was near that house.

Other hauntings by ambo137

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ambo137, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

ambo137 (4 stories) (3 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
ashar123 - no I didn't actually. Not since I turned 18 really. I still sometimes feel like someone's with me, but it's only in particular places or around the time of my birthday. Which is odd but again, I'm not a strong believer in ghosts so I don't dwell on it too much. A bit of a scaredy-cat I'll admit.
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Your story is contrasted to mine i.e The Dark Lady. 😆

Anyways its a beautiful story. I liked it and the white lady sounds as a positive presence both in your house as well as your life. Did you have any paranormal experience after you left that house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: