You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow In Train

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow In Train

 

It happened with me 2 years ago when I was travelling with my parents in a train.

It was around 11:30 am when we boarded the train. Passengers were very few and all were asleep. I took the lower berth, dad on the upper and my mom on the next upper berth. The last one was empty.

We closed the curtains and slept.

Around 5 am or a little before, I was awakened by a horrible nightmare. I usually sleep covering myself all over with blanket from head to toe. When I opened my eyes, I saw a shadow of a fat man sitting on my berth on which I was sleeping. It was dark inside except for the dim light coming from the gap between the curtains and I could only see the shadow from my blanket. I thought he might be dad as it was only 3 of us inside and 4th berth was empty. I stared at that fat shadow for 4-5 minutes guessing who was he.

It was nearly 5:30 am. Suddenly my dad's phone rang and he was still on the upper berth and answered in his sleepy voice. I removed the blanket to see who was that person but saw NO ONE. I was quite frightened. It was merely milliseconds between me removing the blanket and shadow being disappeared.

When I told this to my parents, they called it a dream while my friends say it might be an illusion. But I'm sure it wasn't a dream as my uncle called dad that day at 5:30 am and I remember seeing a shadow from my blanket just before I removed it to confirm he was not dad. How he disappeared is still a mystery for me... And it can't be an illusion as I remember his shadowy face, hands and the hat he wore.

Still wonder what was that...!

Other hauntings by shiz98

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shiz98, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

durai44 (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-01)
Hi this really interesting one, train creepy experince is rare but to you.

Thanks for sharing with us.
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Obviously you may find it hard to believe but not the one who experienced it. My friends say that it maybe a real man sitting on your berth... If he was real how could he disappear so fast... It might be an illusion or something else but not a dream...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
hi, shiz98 Welcome to YGS... I am agree with elnoraemily... I don't think it was any ghost...
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
[at] elnoraemily I'm sure it wasn't a dream as the nightmare I saw was something else and I remember opening my eyes after that... And I wasn't frozen at all... It couldn't be an illusion as the shadowy face and hat were showing movements...
shiz98 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
yes I felt weight on the edge of my berth but no sensation of hot or cold... 😕
AngeLeeS (8 stories) (20 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-16)
Well, it would have been scary at that moment, especially after a nightmare.

But because, you just saw the shadow of the man from underneath your blanket, so maybe it was a shadow of something else which you imagined as a man. That happens sometimes. Did you feel any weight on the edge of your berth? Or some weird cold-hot sensation?
ashar123 (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
A creepy story. Thanks for sharing.

Well pagallada your username is very nice. This niceness can be understood by those who know Hindi language. 😆
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
(Totally going off topic for a second here)
Pagal, you don't have to apologize for your English, it's fine. Pretty darn good in fact. I think most of our members understand that we come from all over the globe, and may not share the same native language, so don't worry about it. 😊
PagalLadka (1 stories) (27 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Hmm, quite good story. I have heard many these kinds of stories and it is said that the particular train compartment is haunted as it may have faced some deaths in train accidents. Sorry for my bad english.
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
It could have been a left over fragment from the dream carried over by a sleepy brain. Where you able to move at all or were you temporarily frozen?
gaurav_in (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-15)
Hi, I just want to say you that before sleeping you should pray to god. It will make you feel better and you would not see those things again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: